• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we should use death row inmates for medical experimentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long until the OP decides he was actually joking all along and it was actually funny to him that we thought he was serious?

jph139

OP makes a valid question though: if you're going to strip away a prisoner's right to life, why not strip away everything else?

You know, I mean... that's a fair point. "Unwilling medical experimentation" is probably more moral than the death penalty. At least the experiments have a chance at producing something good instead of literally throwing a life away.

Seems like you could write a pretty decent philosophical argument along those lines. Human rights are either alienable or not.

Stays of execution and overturned convictions? Plus it's immoral?

Those are the exact arguments people use against capital punishment. Well it's a slippery slope problem. If the government has the power to execute people, surely the most absolute punishment since by definition it cannot be reversed, why can't they do other things?

I'd rather be injected with some GMO flu virus than Midazolam.

I really question what led you to ask such a question?

He was watching Stranger Things and thought this guy was onto something.

brennerst.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom