• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

ANYONE want to make the TI6 Gaming side thread (I've done it for the last 3 years)???

Making an OT is fairly simple and fun to do:
- roundup a bunch of facts that are relevant to the event
- spice it up with some images or factoids
- answer questions people may have etc
- update with news

I know some people have shown more than a passing interest the past few years.
The Wildcard started the Sunday the week before TI so you have about a month to complete it.
t1469984400z4.png

PM or quote post if you are interested. If nobody is interested I can do it again.

lul

DrPizza

Banned
i actually just played the whole game looking for shackle shots and looking for opportunities to use my ult.

Ugh, I was at 5/7 (with 200 focus fire hits, that part is easy) and their clockwerk offered to let me get the last 2 shackles on him, but our fucking Slark just killed him instead. 3*ing the Clinkz mission was a breeze, this is pain in the ass, and I'm only about half way through the Ursa path.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My god do I suck with Axe. 1 hour game, 17 Blink Calls. Maybe I should equip that ugly hat that makes the AoE easier to see, but I'll do that if I have enough time to go for all the 3 stars.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I won a solo queue game.

Hard to believe, but it's true!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got 3 quest done today. Overall good day.

On another note, looking though my items, I'm surprised more Alchemist sets haven't been released. Its been 2 years since the last full set. He has gotten 2 diffrent immortal items, but he still has some many slots where he just don't got anything cool in.

Also, some of the original items look super shitty compared to more modern stuff. Behold Dragon Knight in a mix of his first few sets:
NKTEerq.png

Compare to my current sexy Dragon Knight
cOwnP45.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
power

edit: whiskeyallah with that pudge ultra kill to win the game
QVos69c.gif
QVos69c.gif
QVos69c.gif

:pa_kiss: I'll credit the avatar change to Cersei Lannister for giving me such power.
________

Really screwed up my sleep schedule by staying up till 730 yesterday morning playing through Zero Escape 3. Got the next two days to right myself before returning to work and my normal schedule on Tuesday (usual wakeup on the weekdays is 6 AM). It's currently 2 AM at the time of this post. I'm not usually in this predicament so what's the play here? Go to bed when tired and set an alarm 4ish hours ahead or do I just try to stay up for 24+ hours?

TUSR

Banned
Monster Hunter’s combat is clunky and it’s difficulty largely stems from cumbersome controls + obtuse pre-mission micromanagement

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Monster Hunter’s combat is clunky and it’s difficulty largely stems from cumbersome controls + obtuse pre-mission micromanagement

Dota 2's gameplay is clunky and it's difficutly largely stems from cumbersome controls + obtuse pre-gameplay knowledge.

Madouu

The game does feature some obtuse micromanagement but I could prepare a perfect item set for you and you'll still struggle against your average monster.

Combat being clunky is something I can't agree with though, your character is supposed to be a hunter, there are no magical attack cancels, most of the attacks have long animations, once you commit to an action, you are for good, the game rewards good decision making and punishes mistakes in positioning and attack usage extremely hard, much like another video game we play quite a bit of. That is where the difficulty comes from. You've got people that have no issues with the controls and still triple cart to peco and shit like that.

That monster hunter x Dragon dogma thread is triggering me on a very deep level.

"fix monster hunter gameplay"

dude that's the only good and actual best part about it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This post summed that thread up nicely:

So basically they should take the most successfull ip they have, mix it with one that is not very successfull, and remove every single aspect of the successfull one.
It looks like op likes nothing about MH, what you want is just Dragon's Dogma 2.
And i want it too, just don't see why they should mix these two very different games together.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All I do is cart. When I'm on a hunt, that's leg day for the palico cart squad.

Ultrabum

akantor can be a dick with certain weapons, and bad RNG. kinda scrub bait with that armor debuff.

Ya, I think bringing armor seeds to overide the debuff makes him really easy. I've seen several times where I use armor seeds and play aggressive, but then the other dudes playing copy me and just die lol.

Edit: that thread is triggering me too :(

Demoli

Yeak akantor's whole schtick is that huge-armour debuff. If randos are playing something like DB, IG or LS and don't knwo proper spacing you're just gonna fail since they'll triple cart to one shots.

Yeak akantor's whole schtick is that huge-armour debuff. If randos are playing something like DB, IG or LS and don't knwo proper spacing you're just gonna fail since they'll triple cart to one shots.

Oddly I had no issue with him using charge blade but once I swapped to hammer and sns, I had to actually pay attention. something about the movement options of CB I think

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I fucked up, tried to buy the weekend battle points deal but the client crashed now I get a message saying I cannot purchase it because I already have
cBj1LTf.png

Red UFO

shout out to elder fister for getting me to 3.5k mmr

"oh hey antimage thats a lot of armour you got there it would be a shame if i... stood next to you"

Twookie

this is what happens when dotagaf members travel outside the safe havens that is dotaOT

I fucked up, tried to buy the weekend battle points deal but the client crashed now I get a message saying I cannot purchase it because I already have
cBj1LTf.png

did you pay money for it or did it just crash before you even got to the transaction?

if it's the former then you'll get it soon

as for the latter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom