• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

more or less abortion than anbokrs void skills?

D6l8fu1.gif

Ultrabum

tfw science courses are finally applicable to anime

sK4PZoM.png

also don't watch food wars on an empty stomach
fuming.gif

Zero time dilemma doesn't know how centrifuges work. What is interesting is they correctly reference many other more complicated things, such as the corpus callosum and toxoplasmosis infection (well its like 90% correct, close enough).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
tfw science courses are finally applicable to anime

sK4PZoM.png

also don't watch food wars on an empty stomach
fuming.gif
The pacing is weird though, they skipped a bunch of stuff to make it fit into a single episode. I guess they didn't want to start the season on Soma helping kids learn to cook, but they also skipped his prep work before the match. In total they covered 5 chapters of content in this episode (When last season, most episodes covered 2 to 3 chapters). I'm guessing they want to get more current with the manga, they are 100+ chapters behind at this point.

They may have only gotten a 13 episode season instead of 24 like last time, which could be the cause of the brisk pace.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want that stupidly expensive mace so my Void can be more legit.

So, lowest point was $55. I wonder if that will be an item that slowly loses value, or just keeps creeping up. I assume it'll keep going up in price until another item that gives a Custom Chronosphere comes out.

shira

So, lowest point was $55. I wonder if that will be an item that slowly loses value, or just keeps creeping up. I assume it'll keep going up in price until another item that gives a Custom Chronosphere comes out.

It was $60 CDN, that's like 46 US

Hylian7

That "Damage enemy Heroes 10/15/20 times with a minimum of 100 Magic or Pure damage within 10 seconds." is the worst possible wording for a quest. I had to google it and have a friend explain it to me. I thought it would work with Lone Druid with Root and Radiance. Nope, it doesn't.

That "Damage enemy Heroes 10/15/20 times with a minimum of 100 Magic or Pure damage within 10 seconds." is the worst possible wording for a quest. I had to google it and have a friend explain it to me. I thought it would work with Lone Druid with Root and Radiance. Nope, it doesn't.

so how does it even work?
do you have to use zeus or something?

TUSR

Banned

so how does it even work?
do you have to use zeus or something?

i got it done in 1 cast

16+Aghs Venomancer into the enemy fountain.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In a time span of 10 seconds
Deal at least 10/15/20 instances of magic damage
Each instance must be at least 100 damage

CM is the goto for this.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i literally just said veno 2 times kirby
But who else besides CM??

Ok, for a bit more serious decision, that topic on CSGO hat betting has me interested, do any of you guys feel Valve is facilitating illegal gambling? To me, it looks like they are trying to put as many restrictions to dissuade people from doing it, though I guess they could impose trade volume restrictions to really put a hamper on automated bots.

Kalnos

Banned
Ok, for a bit more serious decision, that topic on CSGO hat betting has me interested, do any of you guys feel Valve is facilitating illegal gambling? To me, it looks like they are trying to put as many restrictions to dissuade people from doing it, though I guess they could impose trade volume restrictions to really put a hamper on automated bots.

I don't think they expected anything like the gambling system to arise, probably just expected the typical black market item selling websites that arise with any online game (D2, POE, etc) which is why they created the Steam Market. I think this clusterfuck is mostly a result of modern web apis and Valve's hands off approach to everything.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think they're promoting it but it's clear they value the freedom of the trading system more than making sure no one's gambling with their skins.

They will never aggressively go after people who abuse their system.

BHK3

Banned

Corporate Apologist

I cracked and bought the two battle level bundles on sale. I didn't get the sets I wanted from the collectors cache, I have a sven set, luna set and ck set if anyone wants to trade their Undying or Arc Warden set.

TUSR

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

this shit is so good

Hylian7

i got it done in 1 cast

16+Aghs Venomancer into the enemy fountain.

I did it with SF and Aghs, in a game I'm about to detail. It was level 1, but I don't care, I got past the quest.

I fucking did it. 1hr 43 min game, and holy shite am I useless as a WR, but I fucking did it.

https://yasp.co/matches/2480667727/

Now to buy the Style 2 unlock from the market and never touch WR again.
charm_facepalm.gif
Whew.

That's longer than my longest game.

I had one similar to that. NP rushed Dagon, SB got one too, they planned to do the cheese of Charge, TP, and Dagons. It worked for pickoffs to get them ahead, and I was trying to tell some of my teammates how to deal with it. We got better at it over time and were punishing their really stupid attempts at it. NP tried to TP to fountain a few times for stuff and just ended up dying instead.

We had a difficult time dealing with the constant push on all lanes from NP. It eventually came down to it where we lost bot rax, and then were down to the melee rax top and melee rax mid. We eventually lost the melee rax top and that made the game EASIER for us. The rest of it was about 30 minutes singing kum ba ya around the mid rax, killing them as they tried to go for it. Puck got super ballsy and tried to Blink in ahead and ult someone (usually only one person) only to get blown up and die. They got Aegis 3-4 times, still couldn't break that final rax. Finally it came to a point where Morphling and I had so much money, we both bought Rapiers and kept them in the stash, and then as soon as we killed enough people, we would just take the rapiers, cruise down mid and end it.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2480611126

This was a funny moment from the chat:
uIssfAL.png

XAL

Trying to win a game playing clinkz is an absolute fucking nightmare for the last quest mission.

My team always ignores objectives against a beefy+nuke-y lineup. Just feeding in engagements repeatedly.

Like 4 games like this over the last day.

I think I give up.

I just want someone to carry me to the promised land.

*edit*

finally did it, game dragged out so long the enemy pudge lost the will to play and left. 20 minutes later victory. not playing this fucking hero for a long goddamn time.

Icefrog definitely made Terrorblade great again. I randomed him yesterday and had a blast. He used to be my favourite carry but those horrific nerfs were some of the worst kneejerk shit I've seen from Icefrog honestly. Although OD's latest nerfs were pretty bad too. OD was more fun before the rework honestly. I really hate what he did to the hero.

https://yasp.co/matches/2479815043

I wasn't sure about my Radiance pick up to be honest. I felt like doing it because my farm was excellent.

How horrendous is the "stun people and Starfall people as Mirana" quest for someone that doesn't play Mirana?

pretty tough if you're not confident in your skillshots, the stun length is definitely the bigger issue of the two (just get aghs and the starfall part is ez)

helps if you have a friend or a friendly random who has a lengthy disable to set up (BANE, pudge, SD/OD if you got skill, etc)

pretty tough if you're not confident in your skillshots, the stun length is definitely the bigger issue of the two (just get aghs and the starfall part is ez)

helps if you have a friend or a friendly random who has a lengthy disable to set up (BANE, pudge, SD/OD if you got skill, etc)
Thanks. I forgot about Bane but he'd be perfect for it.

BHK3

Banned
How horrendous is the "stun people and Starfall people as Mirana" quest for someone that doesn't play Mirana?

Miranas piss easy now. Play her like AA. Throw her arrow where you think people would be, farm a midas and get aghs and your challenge will be done before you know it.

I don't think they're promoting it but it's clear they value the freedom of the trading system more than making sure no one's gambling with their skins.

They will never aggressively go after people who abuse their system.

They will if regulators or the law force them to.

You think the gambling industry doesn't allow this stuff because they are kind hearted?

Low Tier
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

RT:

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

very powerful.

d5pxtxO.gif
d5pxtxO.gif
d5pxtxO.gif

I did it with SF and Aghs, in a game I'm about to detail. It was level 1, but I don't care, I got past the quest.

That's longer than my longest game.

I had one similar to that. NP rushed Dagon, SB got one too, they planned to do the cheese of Charge, TP, and Dagons. It worked for pickoffs to get them ahead, and I was trying to tell some of my teammates how to deal with it. We got better at it over time and were punishing their really stupid attempts at it. NP tried to TP to fountain a few times for stuff and just ended up dying instead.

We had a difficult time dealing with the constant push on all lanes from NP. It eventually came down to it where we lost bot rax, and then were down to the melee rax top and melee rax mid. We eventually lost the melee rax top and that made the game EASIER for us. The rest of it was about 30 minutes singing kum ba ya around the mid rax, killing them as they tried to go for it. Puck got super ballsy and tried to Blink in ahead and ult someone (usually only one person) only to get blown up and die. They got Aegis 3-4 times, still couldn't break that final rax. Finally it came to a point where Morphling and I had so much money, we both bought Rapiers and kept them in the stash, and then as soon as we killed enough people, we would just take the rapiers, cruise down mid and end it.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2480611126

This was a funny moment from the chat:
uIssfAL.png

hylian use fucking yasp m8

https://yasp.co/matches/2480611126/

Top Bottom