• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Strider

IO is really beating invoker right now in the arcana vote

facepalm.gif

io arcana certainly sounds more interesting than fucking invoker, not to mention one of them has no cosmetics and the other has a fuckton.

Strider

jc people I was really more of thinking what the fuck do you do with an IO arcana lol

There's a reason he has no items ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A support getting an arcana would be dope but if a support was to win it should be Rubick da gawd.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
jc people I was really more of thinking what the fuck do you do with an IO arcana lol

There's a reason he has no items ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A support getting an arcana would be dope but if a support was to win it should be Rubick da gawd.

he has no items because valve hasn't broken him down yet!!!!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I know there are a lot of programmers here, what the fuck are some questions/tests they could ask you in an interview?

I have not interviewed for anything in 6+ years
aaaah.gif

Why do I have to be tested for something I do everyday! I am afraid I will get something so obscure I have not touched for years I might just tilt.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know there are a lot of programmers here, what the fuck are some questions/tests they could ask you in an interview?

I have not interviewed for anything in 6+ years
aaaah.gif

Why do I have to be tested for something I do everyday! I am afraid I will get something so obscure I have not touched for years I might just tilt.

I don't know tbh. You can still do the stupid fizzbuzz question I'm sure? Are you still able to make a linked list and do binary tree stuff off memory, I hear those are popular questions.

I feel I'm fucked when it comes time to interview, unless they interviewer accepts "Well, I mostly just refer to Javadoc to look up syntax for specific classes, and try to use Google to get a general idea on how to do something."

Do you have a specific place you are interviewing at?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
By god some people on gaming look really biased against Valve. Like, how is GreenLight scummy?

Maybe I'm just too much of a fanboy.

By god some people on gaming look really biased against Valve. Like, how is GreenLight scummy?

greenlight idfk but this shit with csgo betting (and dota betting, for that matter) has always been shady as fuck and valve definitely enables it.

KingKong

I think it should be clear by now that Valve is very influenced by Gabe's outlook on society. The responses from him on the Skyrim mod thing were really illuminating https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/33uplp/mods_and_steam/cqokwf5?context=3

Think of money as information. The community directing money flows works for the same reason that prediction markets crush pundits.

Hylian7

Greenlight is a great idea, however the execution of it leaves something to be desired. Just look at Jim Sterling's YouTube channel to see what I mean. Total shit gets in with developers behaving like total scumbags. There are a lot of games that get through and actually ended up being scams.

Valve does a ton of great stuff, but aren't above criticism. Regarding the CS thing, I think Valve needs to at least say something on the matter, but it is mostly on the two guys running CSGOLotto, who actually are complete and total scumbags.

inkls

Where is inkls??

playing fallout 4

Well at first there was shadowrun, then the steam sale. So I kinda forgot about dota for a bit. Also needed some time because ranked is frustrating (partly because of myself and partly thanks to teammates. steals puck when I already was hovering over it. "I'm good puck" 2/9. We won that one thankfully)

Why would he do this to himself? Why not play NV like a sensible person?

Because I can be iron man with power armor suits and repair them and stuff. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
if my monitor is just turning off while playing a game with a hot gpu, but my cpu still running (i can still hear the game playing and everything) -- that's the card overheating right? or could it be the psu?

Top Bottom