• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

9bdDgux.png

https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

- double elimination Bo3's
- Bo5 Grand Final
- expect delays, lag and such
- $200k
- Secret and EG already "eliminated"

Quarterfinals

DC vs CDECY
t1467774000z1.png

Empire vs Wings
t1467784800z1.png

LGD vs Warriors
t1467795600z1.png

ANYONE want to make the TI6 Gaming side thread (I've done it for the last 3 years)???

Making an OT is fairly simple and fun to do:
- roundup a bunch of facts that are relevant to the event
- spice it up with some images or factoids
- answer questions people may have etc
- update with news

I know some people have shown more than a passing interest the past few years.
The Wildcard started the Sunday the week before TI so you have about a month to complete it.
t1469984400z4.png

PM or quote post if you are interested.

Low Tier
if you put ketchup on anything I aint fuck with you

ketchup is literal tomato acid piss

learn the POWER of some simple salt and spices

apes

Chris R

Eggs only need hot sauce.

And speaking of food, I hope a few other places end up with food carts out side of Key Arena during TI... Dicks is good but I can only eat Dicks so many days in a row

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have definitely never seen this Ramsay scrambled eggs video. We need at least 5 links and some gifs, stat!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For the record I've made this a few time but clean up is a bitch so I don't make it anymore.

That was sarcasm shira
facepalm.gif

Sorry i kind of worded that sentence awkwardly, but underclocking did indeed fix my heat issues. Post-underclock the same game is running with the same settings at a consistent 75C (whereas pre-underclock) it would scale up to 88C then shut off my monitor.

I'm baffled that underclocking by just 10% (and limiting power by 10% i guess) had such an enormous impact. Fingers crossed this continues to work just fine for a good month or two till I can nab one of those newer cards.

It's a band-aid fix though. I'm saying with a properly applied heatsink your card should run well below the max temp. 80c is okayish for a GPU, but if it's a AIB version it should run around 60-70c even at stock settings, and below 80c heavily overclocked. If it's a reference design, it should still throttle itself well before completely turning off.

EDIT: The Match that broke my 10 game losing streak. The Doctor always comes through for me. My losing streak included (but was not limited to); a Mid Naix who swore he could dominate a Mid Alch, Waga Void\Core VS in the same game, Losing to a Techies, and this game where I tried my hardest to salvage a team who was hell bent on throwing. Me this week.

Artanisix

when i had double jaw surgery and had my jaws wired shut i watched every gordon ramsey cooks something video possible

it did not help with surviving off of liquid diet i'll tell you that much

Chris R

The cosmic shitty AM gods have repaid the unjustice done to me last week by pitting my team against an equally shitty AM today.

Dropping shaman wards in the middle of a team fight is so good, I should have started doing it sooner. Screw saving them for a tower.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's a band-aid fix though. I'm saying with a properly applied heatsink your card should run well below the max temp. 80c is okayish for a GPU, but if it's a AIB version it should run around 60-70c even at stock settings, and below 80c heavily overclocked. If it's a reference design, it should still throttle itself well before completely turning off.

yeah, thanks for the info (since i dont kno shit, that goes out to every1 again yall have been a big help)

i'm going to try to live this card out for a month then hopefully nab one of those new cards. i actually think my card is reference but i'm too lazy to open the case right now lol

CPCunha

....man i hate loosing my bet money cus some moron decides to join a match with only 15 min. to spare before going to pick up laundry....... are you fucking serious, dude just left the computer, placed his character right out of shop's range....

...there has to be a better way dealing with stuff like this.

DrPizza

Banned
I've played about 26 Windrunner games over the last 4 days. Won about half of them. Got 7 2-hero shackles/200 focus fire hits in 2 or 3. Won none of those.

Fuck this quest so hard.

Top Bottom