• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Chris R

Ah ok I thought you had to do the quest to get the item. It's nice that the item is unlocked from the get go for people who get to 225 or pump in the $$$ to unlock it.

If I play a ranked before TI though I'm suggesting LC for ban lol.

delete your lies and apologize

you get the item once you hit 225

Okay fixing again!

- There are 3 main quests for everyone below level 225.
- Once level 225 is reached, you get access to a 4th quest line for LC AND a flashy, unmarketable, untradable LC item.
--> Upon completion of this quest line, you get an additional style for said LC item.
- If you complete the other 4 quest lines with at least 1 star in everything, you get an additional black variant of said LC item.

better, sensei?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Okay fixing again!

- There are 3 main quests for everyone below level 225.
- Once level 225 is reached, you get access to a 4th quest line for LC AND a flashy, unmarketable, untradable LC item.
--> Upon completion of this quest line, you get an additional style for said LC item.
- If you complete the other 4 quest lines with at least 1 star in everything, you get an additional black variant of said LC item.

better, sensei?
You only need to do the main path of the LC line to get the alternative style.

Anyone planning on a team for the battle cup?

Ah ok I thought you had to do the quest to get the item. It's nice that the item is unlocked from the get go for people who get to 225 or pump in the $$$ to unlock it.

If I play a ranked before TI though I'm suggesting LC for ban lol.

Don't worry about LC...just pick a hero that can stalk him in jungle.

shira

Just stuns and duel damage left on the LC path and like 4 quests on the Ursa path, soon I'll be free.

Don't forget that MVP of the Match shit.
0msUT9P.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so what were people talking about getting 1 star in every quest?

No clue, unless I have something wrong. This is how I understand it:

- To get the sets of the 3 main paths, you just need to complete the final quest of the corresponding path
- To get the Legion Commander Cape, you must get Battle pass level 225.
- To get the alternative style for the 3 main paths, you must 3 star every quest in the corresponding path
- To get the alternative style for the LC cape, you need to complete the final quest of the LC path

The only thing 1/3 staring every quest gives you are the Achievements, which aren't worth that much tbh. I believe you also get a teaser for 3 staring every quest, but since it leaked that doesn't really matter.

Quesa

If you have a shit ton of money to spend on this game you get a red cape

if you have a shit ton of time on your hands and a shit ton of money you get a black cape

Mifec

If you have a shit ton of money to spend on this game you get a red cape

if you have a shit ton of time on your hands and a shit ton of money you get a black cape

Actually you can just do the abuse bullshit and be done pretty fast if you really want the items.

Low Tier
Remember when you apes were saying don't go linkens manta on dusa (I won't name names)

Look how just won with linkens manta dusa

dumb euros hehehehHEHEHEhehejh

Quesa

Here's a question: Pros and high-level pubs can usually farm Linkens pretty quickly, then get Manta. But at what point does Linkens become harder to justify? Is Linkens still good if you can't farm? At the 30-minute mark versus 15-20?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Medusa is just a bad champ in general.

She almost as do nothing as LC but not quite in auto-lose territory.

Here's a question: Pros and high-level pubs can usually farm Linkens pretty quickly, then get Manta. But at what point does Linkens become harder to justify? Is Linkens still good if you can't farm? At the 30-minute mark versus 15-20?

if you're not against a single-target lineup or need to block a major spell why not skip it, same with the dumb fucking weaver linkens rush that everyone in my pub games thinks is gospel despite being useless so often :( get into dragon lance weaver

but at lower-level pubs, EVERYONE farms slower so a slower linkens timing than a pro isn't necessarily a death knell (same with all the big carry items AM/bf, tinker/bots, etc)... if you can't farm then you shouldn't be attempting to carry anyway

it's never enough cup after cup blunt after blunt

That swift Valvetime response
bts_rosh.gif

Only what 5 years laters

CS:GO ruined it for everyone. They took gambling to the next level. DotA Lounge allowed you to bet, which meant you could reasonably call it a skill-based game, but CSGO Lotto and the like literally just pooled items and flipped a coin--which is bullshit.

kionedrik

CS:GO ruined it for everyone. They took gambling to the next level. DotA Lounge allowed you to bet, which meant you could reasonably call it a skill-based game, but CSGO Lotto and the like literally just pooled items and flipped a coin--which is bullshit.

The lounge activity is no more legitimate than any of those lottery sites.

The lounge activity is no more legitimate than any of those lottery sites.

Unless they changed it when I used D2L it basically was, all the items were pooled and split among the people on the winning side of the bet--but you got to choose a team which meant the chance for upsets and so fourth. With CS:GO Lotto they literally spun a roulette and whomever it landed on won everything.

I was poking my head in that thread about Dr Pizza's article and glad to see Dreams and Haly making reasonable, calm arguments without sprinkling in personal insults and hyperbole.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
if you're not against a single-target lineup or need to block a major spell why not skip it, same with the dumb fucking weaver linkens rush that everyone in my pub games thinks is gospel despite being useless so often :( get into dragon lance weaver

but at lower-level pubs, EVERYONE farms slower so a slower linkens timing than a pro isn't necessarily a death knell (same with all the big carry items AM/bf, tinker/bots, etc)... if you can't farm then you shouldn't be attempting to carry anyway

it's never enough cup after cup blunt after blunt

the big thing is that linken's isn't solely to block spells, on champions like weaver and dusa it's very much a farming item for the desirable stats and hefty mana regen (with the added survivability block as icing, there's always something to block)

in HoN, heroes like omniknight would be played as a carry and farm linken's solely to flash farm with spells much like an AM with battlefury

Top Bottom