• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Going to Sicily in less than a month for 11 days. Anybody ever been there? I'll live close to Palermo. I heard things worth visiting are: Taormina, Palermo, Valley of Temples, Lipari. Looking forward to that. German summer is essentially a premature autumn season this year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'tip of the spear'?

lgJCmtjW_400x400.jpeg

Madouu

Whats the best LC skill build for jungling now? E W E Q Q R Q Q ?

It's not the most optimal build for pure jungle but that's definitely the build you should go for, get 6 as soon as possible and gank with it. Max Q makes using duel early far less awkward. Staying in the jungle until blink as early as it is or w/e is not great, she needs to snowball as soon as possible. Also blink rush is awful 80% of the time in pubs from my experience.

kionedrik

shira, I know you put a lot of work in those posts but can you please make the bracket image background opaque? Us black theme folks would love you forever.

G.ZZZ

Going to Sicily in less than a month for 11 days. Anybody ever been there? I'll live close to Palermo. I heard things worth visiting are: Taormina, Palermo, Valley of Temples, Lipari. Looking forward to that. German summer is essentially a premature autumn season this year.

I'll probably be in Sicily too in that period

Sicily has so many great things to see and such an interesting history (was greek, then roman, then conquered by northern europeans, and had an heavy arab influence in the late middle ages), it's a pity italians happens to live on it now

My mother went over to Italy for a holiday (mostly for cooking-related reasons so therefore she was in the Italian countryside) and brought back a very interesting cookbook for me.

I'm quite impressed how some of the recipes in here use about three ingredients and turn out extremely well.

shira

Ehome's manager, Galahad, has recently tweeted on weibo that he had 'heard' that Valve had decided to cancel Majors and run a new structure of tournaments. Also, he revealed that an official Hall of Fame is on the cards, with a condition that the Hall of Famer must have retired for a year.

Here is his tweet in full:

(I) heard that there won't be seasonal Majors next year. But Valve will pick some big tournament organisers like ESL and PGL to do CS:GO-like big tournaments. Valve will still provide the prize money. But the essence is that they will outsource the Majors and Valve will not provide the money of organising. Dota2 will have a Hall of Fame, which will select players that shone in the past. But the entrees must have retired for a year.

RIP Majors if true
facepalm.gif

I wouldn't mind if the ESL One Frankfurt got upgraded. Event this year had the worst games I've seen in any tournament due to nobody giving a fuck as too little was at stake.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
https://zippy.gfycat.com/PessimisticBossyGander.webm

Is there any difference between the black version and the gold one? Seems to match better with her abundance of gold themed sets.

I think the Press the Attack Icon is a diffrent color, and I think the effect may get recolored too. Other than that, its just a diffrent color. I personally don't like it much, but will likely at least unlock it, in case Valve enhances it or it goes well with another item.

RIP Majors if true
facepalm.gif

I'm hoping it just something like "2 majors and 1 TI6", 4 per year is a little much. Lowering it to 3 should make it so there isn't as bad of crunches.

I'm hoping they continue seasonal Battle Passes, but divorce them from tournaments. They are a lot of fun, but there is no reason they have to be tied to their respective event. Give the majors free Compendiums, and maybe keep the Summer Battle pass a part of the TI compendium.

I'm not convinced the thing where they have other organizations run the entire event is going to work out. Valve wanted to do that last year, but wasn't able to do it in the end.

shira

fuming.gif
charm_rage.gif

soon™

7dYjiVa.png
MvXnX0l.png

SEXYBOYS

I'm hoping it just something like "2 majors and 1 TI6", 4 per year is a little much. Lowering it to 3 should make it so there isn't as bad of crunches.

I'm hoping they continue seasonal Battle Passes, but divorce them from tournaments. They are a lot of fun, but there is no reason they have to be tied to their respective event. Give the majors free Compendiums, and maybe keep the Summer Battle pass a part of the TI compendium.

I'm not convinced the thing where they have other organizations run the entire event is going to work out. Valve wanted to do that last year, but wasn't able to do it in the end.

Maybe they should adopt the League style of touring weekend tournaments
- groupstage/brackets in Korea/Malaysia/China with the finals in Manila
- groupstage/brackets in Ukraine/Berlin/Sweden with finals in Moscow

The only other major market they haven't touched is South America.

KingKong

RIP Majors if true
facepalm.gif

so its CS:GO majors which work fine. seems like the only difference would be that Valve gives money and a set of rules to the organisations instead of doing a lot more work themselves, which I can't imagine they enjoy when they have to do it 4 times a year

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I don't think players would be to thrilled with that.

Is there a carry that can go toe to toe with an AM? or do you have to crush him early game..

Most of the heavy hitters can take him quite well, vs. AM you just need a healthy concoction of disables and he goes down pretty easy. BKB makes mana break irrelevant and anyone with huge burst damage does well vs. him (PAnus has a great wr vs. him, Clinkz probably due to orchid builds and fucking with his farm rotations, slardar/TROLL/fleagion etc.)

but yes as with every carry crushing him early works, and plenty of supports trash him in lane

or just pick mah boy shadow demon

Russ T

Banned
so playing silencer for that silence quest

i used to hate him but i think

i think i like him now

i just need to get better at him (and also remember that his skill progression is different from how it was years ago when i first learned how to play him.......)

maybe i'll play him more once the compendium is over and i've failed to complete any questlines

Hylian7

fuming.gif
charm_rage.gif

soon™

7dYjiVa.png
MvXnX0l.png

SEXYBOYS

Finally, the merch soon.

Is there a carry that can go toe to toe with an AM? or do you have to crush him early game..

That's a more general question than you think. AM basically gets six slotted faster than the hardest carries but if you stall the game long enough, he actually can fall off fairly hard against them (like a spectre). Of course a good AM won't let that happen. I'm sure someone will point this out to me as wrong but I think some people focus way too much on "killing" AM and chasing him around the map (at my mmr) when they should be just systematically focusing on taking the map away from him (and by extension the rest of the team). I mean yes you should gank AM but not at the expense of keeping the pressure on the map (pushing lanes/taking objectives).

I finally won a game against mega creeps last night after having experienced losing with mega creeps. 75 freakin minutes of stalling until our Peruvian dusa (who contributed absolutely nothing up until about 40-50 min finally got six slotted. The game had everything. Throwing ? check. Divine Rapier? check. Base Race?check. Peru? double check.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would buy a pair of dota boxer briefs just for novelty.

Russ T

Banned
i bought a dota butotn up shirt last year at size xl and it was way way way too small for me

i'm normally a xxl, but can usually do an xl, but that shit was like regular l

can't trust their sizes this year, so no clothes for me, oh well

I can't even imagine the horror of taking someone home and peeling off their skintight jeans only to see viper's low-poly face glaring back at me.

Leona or Nidalee though....

I hate to ask, but could someone please summarize the LC discussion? I'm reading something about 225 level compendiums, but something else about a quest?

Please halp. Very tired. Bullet points on what I have to do to get the good stuff would be fantastic.

Chris R

Oh well, not like I win games when I do quests anyways lol.

Anyone have any success with wrist braces for tendinitis pain? I've been wanting to play (not ranked) but holy hell the pain in my left wrist is killing me :(

I hate to ask, but could someone please summarize the LC discussion? I'm reading something about 225 level compendiums, but something else about a quest?

Please halp. Very tired. Bullet points on what I have to do to get the good stuff would be fantastic.

It's a new quest line available to people with Compendium Level 225 that results in a new LC item when completed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

You get the new cape for getting level 225.

If you 1 star the 5 main quests, the cape gets a black style.

You get the new cape for getting level 225.

If you 1 star the 5 main quests, the cape gets a black style.

It's a new quest line available to people with Compendium Level 225 that results in a new LC item when completed.

Okay, so just so that I'm clear:

- There are 3 main quests for everyone below level 225.
- Once level 225 is reached, you get access to a 4th quest line for LC AND a flashy, unmarketable, untradable LC item.
--> Upon completion of this quest line, you get an additional style for said LC item.
- If you complete the other 4 quest lines with at least 1 star in everything, you get an additional black variant of said LC item.

Is that correct?

3 quest lines for ppl under 225, you get the extra for being 225.... the quest unlocks styles... so thats a totasl 4 quest lines

you get the item once you hit 225...no questing needed

edit: updated. is that correct?

oh...no questing is needed at all. So the LC quest line is purely for additional styles?

3 quest lines for ppl under 225, you get the extra for being 225.... the quest unlocks styles... so thats a total of 4 quest lines

You get the item once you hit 225...no questing needed

Top Bottom