• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

TUSR

Banned
mt6JNH8.jpg

PRESS THE ATTACK

Chris R

Yeah the aura stacks for sure. Haha I totally forgot they changed that, shows how often I see or play against Warlock these days.

My last Warlock game was a disaster with our DK going 2-12. I also should have been more greedy and played him offlane as a 3 position instead of a 5. He isn't a 5 :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, am I reading too much into it, or could the 3 quests lines be talking about 3 new heros?

Rogue Quest:
The creatures prowl the hillsides, grotesque shapes outlined against the fiery glow of what can only be Stonehall. With the destruction of the bird lofts, Quath is truly alone. We must find a means to penetrate their lines. The martial training of the Initiates has rekindled hope, but these advances have not gone unnoticed by the enemy. They hunt the young protectors... From what hell pit do these fiends crawl to torment us? Be patient this night. Learn what you may before unleashing the killing blows. Even slight cuts from cursed blades may turn fatal. Wits about you. Our chance is now. Assault their scouts, then rejoin the others for the final strike. Leave no trace. Lift the dark veil to strike true at our prey, O silent sentinel, protector of Quath.

Warrior Quest:
Centuries have passed since the forces of Stonehall arrived at our gates and the last Quathan warrior swung blade to protect the homeland. We face few threats in these pacified lands, and our sheriffs and huntsmen alone cannot halt this foul invasion. The Elders believe we must choose new vessels—we must restore the Guard. No help will come from our protectors in the south, the distant fires make clear. The transformative rites of the Aldwyn Scrolls offer a last grasp at survival. As the Three are named, so must three be chosen. Battle anthems loudly sung, composed of blood and mayhem, The reaper's knell finally come, and no one now to save them. Those schooled in the martial path can learn much from the arts of healing. The essence of the Guard now flows through your veins, repairing ruined flesh and expelling foul toxins. Stonehall's survivors seek refuge behind our walls. One of their commanders has returned and rides for Quath. Cut back the horde, the Guard is ready. Push forward to greet this tattered legion. Let the enemy rend claws and bend blades against you. Rise each time stronger, sworn shield of the Quathan Guard.

Spellbinder Quest:
The Aldwyn Scrolls are not simply ancient accounts of a mythical Quathan Guard; the runes inscribed into the texts radiate immense power. Study them well, for there is little time. Those unwise enough to stray from their fellows will be the first to fall. The growth in power bestowed upon the Initiates nearly outpaces the training to wield it. By your hands alone may the dream of Quath live on. As you wage these final battles, and the power consumed in turn consumes, rest assured the sacrifices of the Three will not be soon forgotten. Cast forth your mystical bindings upon the enemies of Quath. Let the monsters watch their wretched companions torn from this world in cursing, helpless agony.

Legion Commander Quest:
Stonehall is ash and rubble, my legion burned and broken. The country folk speak of demons on the roadways. We seek these out first, and then we find their masters. The forest roads are thick with the smaller ones. Where are their captains? Word comes of promising recruits in Quath. In a city of thinkers? How have they survived what Stonehall could not?

We sleep in our plate, arms at the ready. There can be no safe quarter. One rift is destroyed, but there are surely others. They came for ghastly purpose, but not to Stonehall alone. How far might this abyssal blight stretch? We rest as we ride. Those who wish to follow will press on. Another horde commander to meet my blade, the Quathan three beside me. Will we hear more deathcroak oaths to some dark master, or this time have some answers?

Message upon completing everything:
When at last the beast was rent in two, the Three began to falter. The horde was gone, Quath's people lived still, and the power of the Aldwyn Scrolls was extinguished.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh wow is that DrPizza?

Plz, I can smell your faulty reasoning from here. $200 bashers and MTG packs lmao.

Russ T

Banned
so legion commander has a young girl bounty hunter as an assistant, huh

i'm real bummed out about these quests, i really wish they weren't so time-limited

i'm not good enough at the game to get all the stuff in time, and i'd have to devote like all my freetime to dota otherwise

):

GorillaJu

Late to the conversation but I'm sad Nahaz won't be going to TI6, he is one of the best panelists IMO. It won't be the end of the world, I don't really care that much who is on the panel but I would have preferred Nahaz.

The desk is usually starved for people who actually talk about the games in any meaningful way. There's lots of "oh see I thought they might pick that" from Merlini, Purge, Draskyl and the others but I find most of any strategic talk is throw-away commentary that's just filling space rather than being worthwhile opinions. Only Winter and usually the player guests can accurately assess the match up and meta. Nahaz doesn't have the experience but he's good at bringing up the relevant stats like win rates for certain hero match ups and pairings, and through that info he's generally on point.

Not to mention that he has a real person's voice, he isn't awkward, he can keep up with whatever conversation is going and he generally looks presentable and professional.

If they're bringing in Bamboe, Chobra and/or Maut then I won't be too put off by Nahaz's absence. But if it's just more Draskyl, Kotlguy, Merlini, Capitalist, Blitz or Charlie then it'll be way worse off.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
has anyone gotten their TI tickets yet? did they send them out?

Late to the conversation but I'm sad Nahaz won't be going to TI6, he is one of the best panelists IMO. It won't be the end of the world, I don't really care that much who is on the panel but I would have preferred Nahaz.

The desk is usually starved for people who actually talk about the games in any meaningful way. There's lots of "oh see I thought they might pick that" from Merlini, Purge, Draskyl and the others but I find most of any strategic talk is throw-away commentary that's just filling space rather than being worthwhile opinions. Only Winter and usually the player guests can accurately assess the match up and meta. Nahaz doesn't have the experience but he's good at bringing up the relevant stats like win rates for certain hero match ups and pairings, and through that info he's generally on point.

Not to mention that he has a real person's voice, he isn't awkward, he can keep up with whatever conversation is going and he generally looks presentable and professional.

If they're bringing in Bamboe, Chobra and/or Maut then I won't be too put off by Nahaz's absence. But if it's just more Draskyl, Kotlguy, Merlini, Capitalist, Blitz or Charlie then it'll be way worse off.

see idk i dont find much of his commentary meaningful at all, he just reminds me of an espn hype guy, "WELL DAVE HONESTLY LIKE THIS GUY THIS GUY THIS MID PLAYER 'X' HES SO GOOD HES SO GOOD LIKE THE BEST YOUNG RISING STAR I SEE HIM ALL THE TIME I LOVE HIM" *10 minutes later two new teams "OMG lemme tell you guys about this mid player 'B' he plays with so much heart hes so good hes just so good i love the way he plays they are so good and just mind numbing it's obscene. it's actually just mistifying dave." basically the donald trump of dota commentary

matchup winrates and the like is something i hope the panelists get from a behind the scenes stat man and occasionally mention, but whenever i listen to nahaz on a panel he just spouts nonsense and dominates the conversation

But matchup winrates are such a minor factor in high-level pro drafting and playing that they're effectively irrelevant.

He doesn't seem like a bad dude and he certainly dresses/acts more professionally than most of the wet-nosed nerds but he's basically a human overlay, and we don't need that taking up time and space on a panel.

GorillaJu

But matchup winrates are such a minor factor in high-level pro drafting and playing that they're effectively irrelevant.

He doesn't seem like a bad dude and he certainly dresses/acts more professionally than most of the wet-nosed nerds but he's basically a human overlay, and we don't need that taking up time and space on a panel.

I mean that's really just one example of relevant statistics, my opinion is more that he brings something no one else brings. He's one of only 3-4 frequent panelists who I feel like can't easily be replaced.

I think "human overlay" is an apt description. I guess we just differ on how much value that brings.

Qvoth

yeah valve is definitely reveal/releasing pitlord during TI

i get the feeling we'll get some kind of quath hero in the future

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
yeah valve is definitely reveal/releasing pitlord during TI

i get the feeling we'll get some kind of quath hero in the future

The Guard of Quath, the guy focused in the Warrior Questline, would be my first guess. A man transformed into some sort of nearly unkillable beast, who is supposed to be the Shield of the Quath. I'm thinking some super defensive hero with a shit ton of sustain, but that niche sort of feels like its occupied.

The person mentioned in the Spellbinder quest sounds like they could be interesting, maybe someone who can actually convert HP into Mana directly.

The dude in the Rouge path just seems like generic stealth mans.

There is the heroes datamined out of old version of Dota years back:
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1273183

I could see the Spell Caster being an evolution of Ghost Revenant.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Last round in a competitive match of CSGO before we sink the win and some doofus on my team kills his buddy landing him an abandon and a 7 day competitive ban. This community is hilarious compared to the usual ire of Dota 2. Haven't had any kind of fun like this solo queuing. What I'm saying is that any other silvers here should queue with me and join in on this (maybe in a few months I'll carry).

Still saying the three people brought up several times are new heroes. "A new Generation of warriors." Believe!
mayatomr_romance.gif

I think they were just theoretical characters for the sake of story telling. Kind of like, "A Warrior, a Wizard, and A Rogue go on a quest". I don't think it explicitly refers to actual heroes--other than LC. The point is it's a delivery system for introducing Pitlord and expanding LC's lore.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think they were just theoretical characters for the sake of story telling. Kind of like, "A Warrior, a Wizard, and A Rogue go on a quest". I don't think it explicitly refers to actual heroes--other than LC. The point is it's a delivery system for introducing Pitlord and expanding LC's lore.

Could be, does sound like the three of them died in the process, especially the wizard. But when has dying stopped a hero from being in the dota?

Legion has ruined every game I've played since the patch, volvo plz.

Gave me an easy win, thanks Valve
highfive.gif

Hylian7

It always fascinates me how new players interpret the game. I don't mean this from an insulting perspective at all. Dota 2 back in 2011, when I started playing, was very different than it is today. Me as a new player back then vs a new player starting now is almost a completely different experience. With all the new heroes, reworks, items, and other stuff really makes a difference. When I started I was always worried about the enemy Anti-Mage or mid Viper rolling our whole time. While you do still see AM today, Viper mid is much less common.

The perceptions of some aspects never cease to be interesting. I know common ones are thinking DD runes affect spells, and things of that nature. You see other ones like using a skill incorrectly, or skipping an item a hero is basically built around (such as BoTs on Tinker, or BF on Ember, etc). Being able to teach these kinds of things, as well as making them easier for players to learn, is always satisfying.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We have legion in this game and we're losing.

Coincidence?

Top Bottom