• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Good nerfs, good buffs. I like, I like.

Hopefully OD and SF will see more play (I think those heroes were good before this but they are getting bombarded with lots of nice buffs still). Timber nerf is solid, TB nerf is solid - meta was such a low manacost for its power and the fact that if you died and bought back or respawned with aegis and still kept it was utterly stupid.

Nice buffs to underutilized, but not necessarily bad heroes.

Don't think timber will survive the the nerf honestly

I think he will, reducing his gain isn't as damaging as reducing his base str (which makes him easier to kill in the laning stage). He builds a lot of HP items naturally so losing 100~140 hp towards the end of the game isn't a big deal for him. Sure, it's a nerf, but he definitely needed something small like that.

Timber carved out a clear niche against str/physical heroes with all of his latest buffs. He reaches obscene amounts of HP regen and armor, so the tradeoff needed to be his strength. A hero with the potential for insane EHP needs lower than normal HP.

Quesa

Good nerfs, good buffs. I like, I like.

Hopefully OD and SF will see more play (I think those heroes were good before this but they are getting bombarded with lots of nice buffs still). Timber nerf is solid, TB nerf is solid - meta was such a low manacost for it's power and the fact that if you died and bought back or respawned with aegis and still kept it was utterly stupid.

Nice buffs to underutilized, but not necessarily bad heroes.

I think he will, reducing his gain isn't as damaging as reducing his base str (which makes him easier to kill in the laning stage). He builds a lot of HP items naturally so losing 100~140 hp towards the end of the game isn't a big deal for him. Sure, it's a nerf, but he definitely needed something small like that.

Timber carved out a clear niche against str/physical heroes with all of his latest buffs. He reaches obscene amounts of HP regen and armor, so the tradeoff needed to be his strength. A hero with the potential for insane EHP needs lower than normal HP.

How much weaker is he? Not much. But Pro Dota is such that I think we'll be seeing way less of him.

He was at the bottom of tier 2 in June, and a base stat gain is one of the biggest changes you can make to a hero to scare pros away from picking him IMO. Enough that, while not much weaker, he's going to drop "regular counterpick" to "situational/rare counterpick," as other heroes replace him. That, as a fan of the hero, makes me sad.

G.ZZZ

Timber nerf saved high level pubs methinks, especially if we're gonna see more OD which fuck him.

Sniper still sucks. He trashes lanes then get killed by a sneeze.

Legion still sucks but tbh she jungle really fast now. If uninterrupted, she get level 7 and dagger at 6 mins, which is decent. The problem is that everyone will interrupt you at most level of play.

Tree -2 seconds cd on skills and silencer +3 damage per second at level 4 are so inconsequential.

Meepo got a decent buff, +0.3 on a hero that level that fast is like +5/6 agi in midgame.

I like the neutral killing lane creeps exp change, give a bit of a reason to sneak up and steal exp to roamers and offlaners.

Lock is stupid in pubs mid, and luckily most people still haven't realized. The hero has a spammable 150 damage nuke that double as an heal at 90 mana at level 1 and hit like a truck at 600 range, with high hp too, plus if he bond you that's another 150 damage ez. I don't envy mid players having to play against such a stupid spam mid that also win teamfights at level 6.

G.ZZZ

Since apparently Shira never used my key or just sold it, i'll post it here, first to use is golden.

This is for a game called Eternal, it's like Hearthstone but good.

bd1d1804-b321-4e76-8db2-2fbabade214e

Unlike that other game i played and then abandoned (spellweaver), this doesn't came out straight of the '90, the graphics are very hearthstone-like and the interface is nice and intuitive. Also it's actually closed beta and you can't share anything about it so w/e

Twookie

Sat in queue for that overwatch PTR with 5000 people in front of me

when i finally got out of the queue my game couldn't find the game servers so i got put last in the queue again

thanks a lot blizz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also

does anyone here have tried using apple earpods on a pc? My many year old headset finally broke a few days ago and I don't have enough money to buy a new one for some time

I cannot for life get the earpod mic to work. It's so goddamn low on the output and no matter what I do, I cannot get it louder unless I literally put my microphone in my mouth which is unpractical to say the least. The splitter thing I bought was supposed to make me be able to use earpods on my pc, but shit it ain't working

help?

TUSR

Banned
does anyone here have tried using apple earpods on a pc? My many year old headset finally broke a few days ago and I don't have enough money to buy a new one for some time

I cannot for life get the earpod mic to work. It's so goddamn low on the output and no matter what I do, I cannot get it louder unless I literally put my microphone in my mouth which is unpractical to say the least. The splitter thing I bought was supposed to make me be able to use earpods on my pc, but shit it ain't working

help?

i used apple earpods or whatever before i bought an amp and some sennheisers

i was never able to get the mic working

Oh good, we've moved from "Its unethical for youtube personalities to lie about their involvement with the gambling site they own." to "Gambling is evil. Think of the children!"

misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png

KingKong

Ah but Valve gives you at least a 10 cent skin and you can't cash out steam funds so it's not at all like gambling. Nothing to see here

Russ T

Banned
Are you asking me? I think gambling is gross. (Although I do partake with Dota and TF2 because I'm a weak-willed subhuman. (And because I have the money.))

But mate, there's a marketplace where you can buy those sets.

And they magically appear without other people spending all that money to open treasures.

Edit: Aimed up to the dude I quoted, not you Mr. T

BHK3

Banned
Is it not necessary to get aghs on Warlock anymore?

In 6.88: Increased Warlock's Golem health from 900/1200/1500 (Can be Improved by Aghanim's Scepter. (675/900/1125) to 900/1350/1800 (Can be Improved by Aghanim's Scepter. 675/1015/1350)

In 6.88b: Warlock Golems HP increased from 900/1350/1800 to 1000/1500/2000 (notice NO CHANGE to aghs golem stats)

Now the golems hp is increased by another 100/150/200, in just a few short months the golems have gained A LOT of hp. 500 at level 3 ult! You are weakening your level 3 golem by over 650 hp if you get an aghs, is it worth having 2 weaker golems now over 1 super tanky one? Keep in mind that the flaming fists damage was heavily reduced since it's now 100% of the time rather than 40%.

The majority of warlocks damage comes from the second he summons it. He casts ult, stun AOE, Golem instantly attacks stunned unit most likely two times, doing 80/100/120 pure damage(this is two attacks from flaming fists added together, not counting base right click) and then the enemy disengages or if they have a WK they practically one shot the golem. Having the two golems is mostly a big compliment to the refresher, where you have four golems wrecking havoc. But this is so far into the game because of the farm needed, they barely hurt towers outside of early game and the aghs weakens their base damage AND you just reduced their hp by a lot with the aghs.

Would it be better to just get regular support items now and go into a refresher and skip the aghs altogether? Have two 2000 hp golems that can last longer in a fight due to their insane hp or 4 weaker golems?

the hero itself is still very awkward in every way shape and form because of how fragile he is, this is purely about his ult.

G.ZZZ

It's a heavily, heavily regulated industry that has been completely circumvented.

Are you one of those that think its a self control issue?

Gambling is a tax on stupidity.

Whether or not you consider that to be good, it's your take. I've seen lots of poor people ruining their life over gambling that i consider it inherently wrong, but on the other hand, it's probably not the case of dota2, and more of things like video pokers and shits.

Right.

So you agree it's inherently wrong.

I am only guessing here, but I believe there to be a lot of whales that don't have the disposable income to keep up ie people using credit to pay for stuff.

I just think it's disgusting Valve is appealing to addictive tendencies in order to drive their games.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Is it not necessary to get aghs on Warlock anymore?

I think you still get the Aghs most of the time. I dunno if it is always necessary since as you say you lose a lot of HP on the golem, so in the case where you are trying to push down buildings it seems like 2x Golems would be more beneficial. In teamfights or against any enemy that buys a diffusal you'd want the Aghs also so they have to diffusal twice in order to remove the golems. Overall, it seems like you'd still want the Aghs.

I suppose you don't want it every time though. Against a team that isn't getting diffusal or where you already have most of the towers down, the extra HP might just be better.

In either case why you are casting the Ult is the giant AoE stun most of the time, and that is only marginally better with the Aghs (a couple extra golem hits, vs a harder to kill golem). I still think the item stays in the majority of cases.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Blizzard can put out a new Overwatch hero in a month

Valve can't even put out a copy/paste Dota hero in a year

Chris R

In teamfights or against any enemy that buys a diffusal you'd want the Aghs also so they have to diffusal twice in order to remove the golems.

Doesn't work any longer (6.85)

I think the 2x golems aura stacks though so you get double the burn

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Comic is out, plz giff quest and pitlord now gaben.

http://www.dota2.com/tipofthespear

This thing reads a lot like a teaser. I guess Pitlord is the conclusion of the comic.

The LC cape is marked as a Prestige Item, which makes it untradable/unmarketable/ungiftable. You ether get it from the Compendium, or you don't get it at all.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't work any longer (6.85)

I think the 2x golems aura stacks though so you get double the burn

Yeah the aura stacks for sure. Haha I totally forgot they changed that, shows how often I see or play against Warlock these days.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ugh the cape's "fabric" is so thick, and the animation is stiff too. It's really not a great model.

That effect though!!!!
dac15_angry.gif

Top Bottom