• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Qvoth

wtf after that teamfight win notail is now 3rd in networth
game seems much closer than i originally thought

edit: goddamn ana PogChamp
WTF AGAIN

bbd23

cBj1LTf.png

shira

Final Match Day 2 of 3: 3UB2LB

Format: Two groups of four play Bo1 Round Robin, top two UB, bottom two LB, UB is double elimination, LB1-LB3 is Bo1, everything else is Bo3 except Bo5 GF

Streams
https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit2

Today: three UB Bo3 and two LB Bo1 elimination
t1499533200z1.png

Upper Bracket (Bo3)
1. SG vs Ewolves
followed by
2. [A] vs MVPR
followed by
3. Winner 1 vs Winner 2
followed by
Lower Bracket (Bo1 elimination)
4. Spirit vs Infamous
followed by
5. Thunder vs Midas
Peru dotka

Fevaweva

This TI is going to be the craziest one yet imo. Nobody, not even OG, have really been consistently on top or getting great results in the run up.

Hylian7

This weekend one of my fiance's friends came to town and is sleeping in the office (where my PC) is, so last night I decided to try a little experiment. I played a few games of Dota using Steam in-home streaming to my laptop. The results? Surprisingly excellent! I didn't feel and lag and the image and framerate were just like looking at it on my PC in person. The only thing was I was not completely used to playing Dota with the laptop keyboard and mouse I was using, so I definitely had some discomfort there, but that just takes time.

Bottom line: Dota over Steam in-home streaming, even wirelessly (I do have a really good router) worked really well. I also played some PUBG after and that worked like a charm too.

shira

This weekend one of my fiance's friends came to town and is sleeping in the office (where my PC) is, so last night I decided to try a little experiment. I played a few games of Dota using Steam in-home streaming to my laptop. The results? Surprisingly excellent! I didn't feel and lag and the image and framerate were just like looking at it on my PC in person. The only thing was I was not completely used to playing Dota with the laptop keyboard and mouse I was using, so I definitely had some discomfort there, but that just takes time.

Bottom line: Dota over Steam in-home streaming, even wirelessly (I do have a really good router) worked really well. I also played some PUBG after and that worked like a charm too.

I assumed there would be huge lag. I can play turn based RPG's in-home streaming but there is noticeable 20-50ms lag

Maybe your walls aren't lead plated

I fully expect some Chinese team to own the whole thing.

Infamous lost to Alliance, I don't have high hopes for them. It really is too bad Smash et al, didn't wait till Valve started giving SA major/minor slots

Hylian7

I assumed there would be huge lag. I can play turn based RPG's in-home streaming but there is noticeable 20-50ms lag

Maybe your walls aren't lead plated

Infamous lost to Alliance, I don't have high hopes for them. It really is too bad Smash et al, didn't wait till Valve started giving SA major/minor slots
Guess not, because it felt like playing on the host machine, and it definitely had to go through a few walls.

I've tried streaming my games to my TV but there's always been perceptible lag :/ I really can't stand it when I press a button to jump and my character doesn't jump immediately.

Hylian7

I've tried streaming my games to my TV but there's always been perceptible lag :/ I really can't stand it when I press a button to jump and my character doesn't jump immediately.
I was last hitting pretty well once I switched to a better mouse, even with Gyro early game. I think that is quite testament to how the lag was for me.

I had plugged in a mouse that was way too sensitive and didn't have the time to adjust it, so I switched to a mouse that was more reasonable.

Guess not, because it felt like playing on the host machine, and it definitely had to go through a few walls.

I tried streaming over wireless but it was pretty inconsistent. I think i narrowed it down to interference from other routers. I live in the middle of an apparent complex where everyone has to use the same ISP and the same router.
Changing the channel/frequency would fix the problem for a bit but it would always reset back to the default channel for some reason. I could play games on my laptop almost perfectly if i played early enough in the morning, ie before everyone fires up netflix but as soon as people woke up it became pretty much unplayable. I had to get one of those power link adapters just so i could get wired internet on my laptop.

Hylian7

My TI MMR in both solo and party is improving sure quite a bit... Hitting around 3800 in both. I have doubled down MMR a handful of times, many successful, and some unsuccessful. I am liking this patch much better than the previous one. I don't know what it was, but it certainly feels night and day to me.

I might actually replace my regular MMRs with my TI MMR this time.

well ive been playing again

can people who think "wow we've got a tremendous lead, time for me to afk farm the jungle" all just be rounded up and put into concentration camps

lijke we were fucking crushing them at 20 minutes i was a casual 8/0/2 as mid pl and svens obviously has to stop to farm? the jungle? for his 3rd item? satanic?

i out tower damaged sven, and also my team was incapable of stopping a shadowblade juggernaut who single handedly did 22k tower damage??? aaaaaaaaaaaa

shira

lijke we were fucking crushing them at 20 minutes i was a casual 8/0/2 as mid pl and svens obviously has to stop to farm? the jungle? for his 3rd item? satanic?

i out tower damaged sven, and also my team was incapable of stopping a shadowblade juggernaut who single handedly did 22k tower damage??? aaaaaaaaaaaa

22k? There's only 17k worth of towers - did you have a treant?

Top Bottom