• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter project by Double Fine [ended, $3.3 Million funded]

Acosta

According to computer translation the extra money they get will go toward translations into other languages (among other things).

Funnily enough, he used google translate for that (the sentence in Spanish is a bit weird ;P)

BTW, FUCK YEAH! 400K!

This is damn cool, but I really wonder how much they can do for 400k in 8 months. I'm guessing Tim already had a concept kicking around that he worked out nicely and just needed some money to put a team on it and fully work it out.

If that's not the case and I'd have to make a game for 400k in 8 months from concept to final I'd shit my pants right about now. There's really no snowballing allowed here and at this budget even slipping for a month or two can put a nail in the coffin.

That being said, this stuff is definitely an extremely cool way to fund a game - October 2012, can't wait to see what they're doing.

TheBear

This is absolutely crazy. When I donated they were at about $30k, which was not very long ago. And now it's funded. So fucking happy for these guys :3

Tim Schafer @TimOfLegend Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
$407,470. I love you, world. Double Fine fans are the greatest fans in the whole world. Your gonna make me cry. :) :) :)

Tim Schafer @TimOfLegend Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Okay, on to the next project! the next thing we need to do is get this Black Sabbath reunion back on track, people.

kadotsu

Banned
Next goal:
dr-evil-1-million-dollars.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn at this rate how long till they hit 1 mil?! Also I wonder what Pubs are thinking since this is turning out to be a massive success.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Aww I just woke up and now I've missed the hullabaloo. D: Still time to throw my extra cash in.

Wish I had enough for a portrait from one of the artists.

Corto

Damn at this rate how long till they hit 1 mil?! Also I wonder what Pubs are thinking since this is turning out to be a massive success.

"Hey! What the fuck is this? They think they don't need us anymore?! Quick. Crush them with more DRM and online passes! Obliterate used games trading. They'll come back crawling asking for more. Dooooooooit"

Mistle

And now it's starting to set in that we're getting a new adventure game by Tim and Ron, while also getting a full on behind-the-scenes doco on its creation. So awesome.

Myomoto

Am I the only one who's possibly more excited about the 'documentary' following the game's development, than the actual game? I love everything I've seen from 2 Player Productions so far, and I really want Tim Schafer's sausage in my face.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
"Hey! What the fuck is this? They think they don't need us anymore?! Quick. Crush them with more DRM and online passes! Obliterate used games trading. They'll come back crawling asking for more. Dooooooooit"

They are probably thinking "Obviously we could charge a lot more for collectors editions, gamers have a lot of money they aren't spending on us" ::(

If anything, it's possibly going to be more like when people swam to Conan O'Brien's defense:

"Um, Conan? Could you please stop the Twitter?"

But then again, publishers are evil, right? I mean, they don't do anything for reasons, right?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
some people have withdrawn their pledges apparently because it went down from 429 to 427...

Corto

If anything, it's possibly going to be more like when people swam to Conan O'Brien's defense:

"Um, Conan? Could you please stop the Twitter?"

But then again, publishers are evil, right? I mean, they don't do anything for reasons, right?

Off course they're not evil! They're companies looking to maximize their profits, that's their reasoning. And this Kickstarter thing will always be very limited, meaning that only a few will have success at funding their projects. But let me dream please for a few more moments of a fantasy world where there's no barrier between the people that create my entertainment and my wallet.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
In for $30 once Amazon fixes my account (no idea why it's disabled). Very happy to fund development in this way by such talented folk, especially when it gives them so much control/freedom over how the end result is distributed.

Am I the only one who's possibly more excited about the 'documentary' following the game's development, than the actual game?

No, and that's why I donated, to be entirely frank.

The game I can pick up anytime.

The documentary is invaluable to me as a fledgling game dev.

haha, insane, instantly over the goal :D (backed up for 15$)

i've also backed the Robocop statue, the Newgrounds documentary and the Chinatown Arcade documentary, they were gaining money very slowly compared to this :D

Top Bottom