• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dove takes a stand against overly sexualized women in video games

Braag

Of course Dove wants bigger people, bigger bodies = more soap, more soap = more $$. But it all adds up to bullshite.
Kinda, but fat people also use soap so you obviously don't want to alienate them.
Clothing brands however market body positivity and "being obese is okay" messages mainly cause they want to sell clothes to everyone, including fat people. It's easier to tell a fat person that they are fine than to make them feel like they need to lose weight. So just make some XXXXL clothes and sell it to them by making them feel like there's absolutely nothing wrong with being obese.

Rayderism

I don't know man.......there's a big difference between "overly sexualized" and downright unattractive. To a certain degree I can agree that many videogame women are "overly sexualized", but they could simply dial back the unrealistic female attributes and still allow the women to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Just being pretty does NOT automatically mean overly sexualized.

Why do these woke/SJW (whatever) jackasses always have to go to the extremes? The world has gone freaking crazy.

Dr.Morris79

Meanwhile, over on instagram..

BxVt2k3.jpg

Yeahhh, I think these woke lunatics have a loooong way to go before they get normal lads to convert to their way of thinking..

They can try, though. It's not like it's failing or anything.

And lets not forget what these do gooders think is 'wonderful darling'

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

Guys didnt? I thought it was hilarious and it was mostly women dripping on Hemsworth who didnt like it.
Just my completely anecdotal experience. I thought it was fun and it was nice to see Marvel doing something a bit out of character, but yeah, a few of my friends and my brothers we're irritated by it 'why is he a fat loser, it just makes no sense'.

GymWolf

And lets not forget what these do gooders think is 'wonderful darling'

I remember that day, a couple of old buildings collapsed in my city during her exhibition.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Healthy and fit women trigger people now, and overspecialization in games pales in front of what women do to objectify themselves. Just go to Instagram or TikTok and see women on their natural habitat.
Just a friendly heads up. This needs a bit of an edit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I posted this in the OT thread, but forgot about this thread.

Dove marketing is a load of BS to cater to the casual every day person. Dove is made by Unilever and some of their other personal care products are Nexxus and Ponds whose marketing is this.

U88Zvr2.jpg

2Mmh48T.jpg

astw2IN.jpg

Last edited:

elegantgamer

Neo Member
orr hear me out on this. it's a wild idea. maybe just don't eat as much and regulate your caloric intake. Also how about you invest in yourself instead of burger king french fries? Bunch of these fat females are so damn lazy instead of working out, eating right, buying clothes that compliment them, upgrade your hygiene game and before you know it you won't look like Shrek.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
orr hear me out on this. it's a wild idea. maybe just don't eat as much and regulate your caloric intake. Also how about you invest in yourself instead of burger king french fries? Bunch of these fat females are so damn lazy instead of working out, eating right, buying clothes that compliment them, upgrade your hygiene game and before you know it you won't look like Shrek.
I'm overweight myself, never work out and have a desk job. I've been steady for probably 10 years. But I'm not gigantic or anything. I find it hard to believe anyone can get super fat on their own, since I like to pig out too. In order to get really fat someone has to eating all the time to the point of getting sick after every meal and snacks are big bags of chip and a jug of pop. I like eating, but not that much.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm overweight myself, never work out and have a desk job. I've been steady for probably 10 years. But I'm not gigantic or anything. I find it hard to believe anyone can get super fat on their own, since I like to pig out too. In order to get really fat someone has to eating all the time to the point of getting sick after every meal and snacks are big bags of chip and a jug of pop. I like eating, but not that much.

Depends on a number of factors. How little do they move? How much do they exercise? What is their metabolic rate? Do they have Hypo or Hyperthyroidism? Are there medications that are lowering your metabolic rate? How dense in calories is the food that they eat? You can increase in weight pretty heavily while not pigging out.

However, ultimately, it all comes down to eating healthier (more greens, less carbs, etc), getting basic exercise, and ensuring there is no underlying health issues.

Last edited:

consoul

Obese people aren't under-represented in games, they're just represented with a weighted average. For every 450 pound lardass in games, there are 5 thin hotties.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If someone is fat, they are characterized as fat. They aren't "big boned", they aren't "plus-sized", they are fat. Obese. People wholly incapable of taking care of themselves.

What is rude is trying to deny healthy living because some folks can't handle being told reality.

Okay.......but fat is subjective. And not all people that are overweight are people that "couldn't take care of themselves". Sometimes there's more things at play.

CGNoire

They can get fat when there young or and if they dont work out they will just remain fat there entire life no matter how healthy they eat. It demands exercise to lose weight.

Its a shitty myth that all fat people eat horribly or are constantly eating large amounts of food. Eating healthy will get you some weight loss but not very much. You'll still remain fat.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got fat and there's no denying I'm fat. I'm not "big boned" or "plus sized" or any of those feel good terms.

So fat is fat... is fat and I'm trying to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle.

Plus even as a fatty, I prefer looking at nicer looking bodies than my own kind in videogames because videogames are not real and I don't have any real expectations there, heh.

DrFigs

I got fat and there's no denying I'm fat. I'm not "big boned" or "plus sized" or any of those feel good terms.

So fat is fat... is fat and I'm trying to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle.

Plus even as a fatty, I prefer looking at nicer looking bodies than my own kind in videogames because videogames are not real and I don't have any real expectations there, heh.
same :pie_pensive:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
You can (and should) be kind and empathetic toward fat people. That doesn’t mean you have to lie and act like being fat is just as desirable, attractive, and healthy as being fit.

No amount of woke scolding is going to change someone’s mind about that.

Needlecrash

I...I.....just cant anymore. These people are insane.

ITS FANTASY NOT REALITY YOU FUCKING RETARDS.
YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE SEXY WOMEN YOU BIGOT!

YOU DON'T LIKE FAT WOMEN? YOU ARE A MISOGYNIST AND FATPHOBIC BIGOT!

Man....I just wanna play some vidya and occasionally enjoy titties and ass; like women who actually play games too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That's because there's a fine line between having a bit of chub but still being fuckable, and being a morbidly obese blue haired land whale that looks like they haven't showered in 3 days.

Then maybe people in this thread should say the term "morbidly obese".

Fredrik

I prefer looking at nicer looking bodies than my own kind in videogames because videogames are not real and I don't have any real expectations there, heh.
Yeah it’s escapism, I love playing as a beefy hunk of a man in games, have no interest what so ever to play as the sad gray man in old man glasses with back issues that I am at this point.

And I really don’t understand these people who want to play as themselves in games. What’s the deal, for real? I mean this representation thing will only work for NPCs anyway. Imagine if they had this lovely lady getting sliced in half in the latest Mortal Kombat CGI. Would that fly? Nope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom