• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest VII 3DS remake coming to iOS, Android

Old?

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs15/titles/dq7/

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

石版をめぐる長編大作『ドラゴンクエストVII』がついにスマートフォンに登場!
石版世界の謎を解き明かし進むべき道を切り開け!
広大な海にたったひとつ浮かぶ、グランエスタード島。
そこには〝禁断の地〟と呼ばれる古い遺跡があった。
ある日、港町フィッシュベルに住む少年と、グランエスタードの王子キーファは、好奇心からその遺跡に足を踏み入れ、そこで発見した不思議な石版の力で見知らぬ土地に飛ばされてしまう。世界に散り散りになった石版が示す土地を旅する中で、少年たちは石版に封印された世界の記憶を呼び覚まし、世界の本当の姿を取り戻していく。

Rough Google Translate:
Appeared in the feature-length epic " Dragon Quest VII " has finally smartphone over the lithograph !
The Kirihirake the way to go its mystery of lithograph world !
Float one that stood in the vast sea , Grand Esther de Island .
There had old ruins called " forbidden land " .
One day , a boy living in the port city Fish Bell , Prince Kifa Grand Esther soil , curiosity and set foot in the ruins , there would have been blown to the strange land in the found mysterious lithograph of force . In which to travel the land indicated by the lithograph became scattered in the world , boys and evoked the memory of the world that have been sealed in the lithograph , it will regain the true figure of the world .

Awesome! That's better than nothing and if I have it in my pocket I might actually finish it. Let's hope we get a English translation.

Edit: It's not a looker.

Gambit

wow. Does not look as good though, on first glance.

Maybe this one will make it to the West.

Hopefully they'll translate both.

Gloam

Wow! I was wondering how they were going to handle this. Hopefully a translation will come Westward.

Joqu

They've brought over all the others so surely they'll localize this one too?

And with that the 3DS version?

Right?

Joqu

This just increase the western 3DS releases chances =)

Especially considering that comment Horii made a while ago... They might have been waiting for a mobile release for a 3DS localization. VIII already has the majority of the work done so we could very well see both get released in the west.

Believe.

Comandr

Suuweeeet. I'm super down. I was just introduced to DQ two months ago when my pal let me play DQ8 on his PS2 then I bought and played through 1-6 on my phone. If this ever comes over, will definitely add to the collection.

Kouriozan

So it might be possible this game will finally see its first official release in Europe? (Normal or remake)
Don't you dare disappoint me, Square Enix.

Scotia

Banned
Holy shit! I guess DQ7's chances of getting localised in the west just shot right up. This is genuinely shocking.

I guess more platforms means it's more likely to come over.

I'll probably buy it but these screens look off somehow. IV-VI translated really well from DS to mobile though.

I guess more platforms means it's more likely to come over.

I'll probably buy it but these screens look off somehow. IV-VI translated really well from DS to mobile though.
Those were 2D remakes, though.
This was/is the first of the 3D remakes on 3DS, iirc.

Please SQEX, if you have a translation for this version, bring the 3DS one, too ... we want it!

Well, damn.
I guess this confirms the inevitable DQXI mobile as well in the future. Perhaps I should get a new phone, or a tablet.

Jay RaR

Whoops...didn't even see this thread.

Yeah, I'm 90% certain this will get localized on be released on mobile. If that does happpen, I'll happily get it on iOS. It'd be a shame if it wasn't also released on 3DS, as my 3DS is pretty lonely with games wanting to be played.

That was expected. I doubted they would release the old version of 7 on mobile when they have the newer versions for everything else (barring 8, which just got a new version).

Esque7

This just made me realize that SE hasn't re-released DQIX yet. Would have expected a mobile or 3DS version by now but maybe it's too soon.

So tired of reading threads about all the DQ game announcements that actually have NOTHING to do with a western release lately... :(

I wish they'd just bring these things over here already

heringer

Hopefully it's a better port than 8, which runs capped at 20 fps.

ArtePiazza is doing the port instead of TOSE, so that's good news!

mao2

So tired of reading threads about all the DQ game announcements that actually have NOTHING to do with a western release lately... :(

I wish they'd just bring these things over here already
All the mainline Dragon Quest games on iOS/Android have been released in the West. And Dragon Quest Heroes English version is coming out this October.

Damn Vita gets no love with Dragonquest lol At least Dragonquest VIII remake would be nice for Vita.
Not mainline games, but Vita will be getting Dragon Quest Heroes II and Dragon Quest Builders.

Henrar

After removing Final Fantasy 1 from App Store and Google Play and replacing the game with the "free" version that comes with their Portal App, I am not going to buy anything from SE.

Suzzopher

This will be day one for me I have all of them so far on Android. Would love to see IX and 3DS XI come to mobile too.

I see this as a good thing. There was still a chance that they'd port the original version to phones and tablets, which in all likelihood would have been bad news for the remake's localisation prospects.

Scrawnton

If we don't get it on 3DS I'm gonna lose faith.. Surely localizing it for iPhone and 3DS would serve as profitable... Even if it's digital only on 3DS..

wrowa

Would be nice if this leads to the decision to localize it and release both versions in the west. I don't think that the previous smartphone remakes sold all that well outside of Japan, though (although I gave my best to buy them all :p), so I don't believe that just the smartphone port would be enough to justify the costs. However, 3DS + smartphones on the other hand... The time might have come.

Top Bottom