• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragonball Xenoverse Jump Festa news.

dragon-ball-xenoverse.png

So Jump Festa is over and some new DBXV info dropped.

Firstly Super Saiyan God Goku, Whis, Beerus and Super 17 are all confirmed as playable.

SSJG Goku vs Beerus

Whis vs Beerus

SSJ4 Goku vs Super 17

Recent scans from V Jump have revealed that Raditz, Freiza, 17, Cell and Buu will all be gaining some type of power up by Towa that basically overclocks there power.

Additionally V Jump revealed that Original animated content will accompany the story.

Right now the roster for this game is looking pretty great.

Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3)
Goku (BoG) (Super Saiyan God)
Goku (GT) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4)
Kid Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan)
Teen Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Elder Kai Unlock Ability)
Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (GT) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 4) (Pre-order bonus)
Future Trunks/Time Patrol Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Trunks)
Kid Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien
Hercule
Videl
Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
Vegito (Base, Super Vegito)
Bardock (Base, Super Saiyan)
Raditz
Nappa
Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
Frieza Soldier/Slug Soldier
Saibaman
Appule
Cui
Dodoria
Zarbon (Base, Monster Form)
Guldo
Recoome
Burter
Jeice
Captain Ginyu (Base, Goku's Body)
Frieza (First Form, Second Form, Third Form)
Frieza (Final Form, Mecha)
Frieza (100%)
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Android 19
Dr. Gero
Cell (First Form, Second Form)
Perfect Cell (Base, Power Weight)
Super Perfect Cell
Cell Jr.
Broly (Base, Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan)
Dabura
Majin Buu
Super Buu (Base, Gohan Absorbed)
Kid Buu
Janemba (Second Form, Baby Janemba)
Super 17
Beerus
Whis

Note* A few characters have not been 100% revealed, Broly for instance is only know to be included because of data mining the beta we haven't seen anything of him at all. But quotes taken from the beta imply he may be a Mentor character as well as playable. It's entirely possible he could be the absolute last reveal for the game with a SSJ4 transformation just like Dragon Ball Heroes but that is speculation

The game also features 5 races for custom characters.
Earthling (Male, Female) (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Saiyan (Male, Female) (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken, Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2/Super Saiyan 3)

Namekian (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Frieza's race (Male) (First Form/True Form/Super Evolution, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Majin (Male, Female) (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Release date(s)

JPN February 5, 2015
EU February 13, 2015
NA February 17, 2015

Platforms

Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Steam

Lagamorph

I really hope the battle system in this is more like the quick 3D of Battle of Z than the slow/clunky/oh god how many buttons for that attack street fighter esque style some of the budokai games I played had.
Tried to play Injustice the other day and it reminded me why I hate 2D side-on fighters.

Piers

Just make Goku's God form an adjustable transformation like in Budokai. I hate MUGEN variation of fighters.
Negativity aside, the game is looking hotter the more I see it.

the customs can't go ssj4?

the transformations being timed supers was already lame, but then they don't even give you the . . . man this game . . .

Has SSJ3 GT Goku ever been playable before? I've not played anything past Budokai 3 properly. I always liked the design for him.

Also, isn't Raspberry (that was his name, right?) playable, or is he counted as Frieza soldier on that list?
Or am I just blind and not seeing the name on the list?

NeonZ

Has SSJ3 GT Goku ever been playable before? I've not played anything past Budokai 3 properly. I always liked the design for him.

Base, SSJ1 and SSJ3 kid Goku were all playable in Tenkaichi 3. Are they really confirmed for this game though? I thought SSJ4 Goku was going to be standalone, like SSJ God?

Don't understand why they moved away from the winning formula of Bodokai Tenkaichi 2/3. Hopefully this is a return to that games style of combat and story mode.

Base, SSJ1 and SSJ3 kid Goku were all playable in Tenkaichi 3. Are they really confirmed for this game though? I thought SSJ4 Goku was going to be standalone, like SSJ God?

I'm just going off the list in the OP. I'm not sure myself, I've not seen much of the game.

I only ever played a few matches of Tenkaichi 3; as DB Chi-Chi, Arale from Dr. Slump, and SSJ2 Teen Gohan.

Goku (GT) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
Kid Gohan (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (GT) (Base, Super Saiyan)
Future Trunks/Time Patrol Trunks (Super Trunks)
Kid Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)
Bardock (Super Saiyan)
Cui
Captain Ginyu (Goku's Body)
Perfect Cell (Power Weight)
Janemba (Second Form, Baby Janemba)

Saiyan (Male, Female) (Super Saiyan 3)
All of these are purely speculation and not confirmed at all.

Thought so. I recall avatars can only go as far as SSJ2.

CDE: How will the transformations of the characters work in combat?
MH: You transform to [Super Saiyan] level 1-3 during combat, but not to level 4 because in the original story itself that was not possible. In the original story, one would have to transform into a Golden Oozaru first.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/11/dragon-ball-xenoverse-transform-to-ss3-saiyaman-outfit-ss3-goku-spirt-bomb/#

TreIII

Some of the advanced mechanics I've read about interest me in the game, but I'm still hoping that Dimps delivers.

I'd like to actually get interested in a DBZ game again for the first time since the likes of Super DBZ and Burst Limit were released.

Edit: Also, have they said anything about just how much of a hit the PS3/360 ports took?

If the PS3 version is at least still at 60fps, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait to get the PS4 version when I can.

Khrno

Right here.

Oh.

Game re-preordered.

Thanks, I totally assumed wrongly since I didn't see it listed next to the GT one (the Goku versions were one after the others on the list). Ok, I'm happy now, Vegeta SSJ2, or should I say Majin Vegeta is my favourite character/transformation.

Wavebossa

Kinda tired of this Tenkaichi style to be honest. Alot of people like it it seems because it resembles a DBZ fight more, but like budokai series so much more.

Kssio_Aug

But it plays like Budokai with air combat so I don't know what you guys are smoking. It has more in common with that than Tenkaichi

I think theyre very sober. I dont know how it plays, but by the looks of it, it resemble nothing the Budokai games, it seems just like Tenkaichi. And this 3D environment doesnt help at all the combat... Just look how it feels as clunky as ever (charging facing back to the enemie, constantly punching the air, and stuff).

I think theyre very sober. I dont know how it plays, but by the looks of it, it resemble nothing the Budokai games, it seems just like Tenkaichi. And this 3D environment doesnt help at all the combat... Just look how it feels as clunky as ever (charging facing back to the enemie, constantly punching the air, and stuff).

But it doesn't play like Tenkaichi. You'd know that if you actually played it

Top Bottom