• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Fence Sitters - Footage You Need to See

Kyoufu

Well I was talking more about the part in the city where it was morning, yet extremely dark.

XQsA6.png

Yuck

Weird, that looks like a bad screenshot to me. That exact town in the streams didn't look dark or weird like it does there.

Roubjon

This game looks fantastic. I'm glad there's no multiplayer, because quite honestly I'm sick of games having it being shoved in there.

Lulubop

I'll hold out for a PC version as well, though it'll get it on Console if that doesn't pan out. They game looks fantastic and on trust Itsuno with gameplay.

Wow. I haven't been following this game at all since it was announced, but after seeing this and the dragon video, I'm sold.

The dark looks terrifying.

Zomba13

:O that does look surprisingly awesome. It had a job system so I instantly love it. If there is a PC version at some point then I think I'll wait for that.

It's definitely on my radar now though.

Orayn

I'm definitely down for a copy of the inevitable PC port, or perhaps a $40-50 bomba. This looks like Capcom put Oblivion, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Demon's Souls in a blender, then added some of Dead Rising's time management and route planning gameplay for good measure.

Wow... Looks sexy as hell, but the reason I won't be getting this day one is because instead of having actual online co-op system you get this AI pawn thingy sigh :(

Jigsaw

Banned
will wait for ultimate dragon's dogma g edition with co-op

seriously capcom,i bought way too many of your games this generation twice already,this won't be one of them

also screwing over ps3 users with the RE6 demo is not cool,you deserve this bomba

Card Boy

Banned
will wait for ultimate dragon's dogma g edition with co-op

seriously capcom,i bought way too many of your games this generation twice already,this won't be one of them

also screwing over ps3 users with the RE6 demo is not cool,you deserve this bomba

Yep this is where alot of my Capcom hate stems from aswell.

Instro

I just want to see more variety in the environment.

Yeah I'm definitely looking for that as well.

Game looks great though, people seem rather disinterested for some reason. I would have thought people would be all over this kind of game.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah I'm definitely looking for that as well.

Game looks great though, people seem rather disinterested for some reason. I would have thought people would be all over this kind of game.

We know so far that there are mountains, forests, plains, castles, towns, dungeons and caves. Which is about par for the course for this sort of game. Also, the world is huge, and we have only seen a fraction of it. I am sure it varies enough.

Despera

Banned
Is it possible to play without AI companions at all? I'd prefer to have none since the game has no online co-op.

Everything else looks awesome and pretty intriguing though.

ironcreed

Banned
Is it possible to play without AI companions at all? I'd prefer to have none since the game has no online co-op.

I imagine you are going to get raped to one end of hell and back to the other without a party to balance your weaknesses against many of the enemies. The AI looks more than competent and the Pawn system looks addictive as hell, but it will obviously not click for everyone.

KorrZ

If the combat is as difficult as the dude in the video suggests, I'm assuming you would get anally reamed if you tried to solo stuff without your party.

ironcreed

Banned
so after 30 years of awesome games Capcom sucks now because one of the games had on disc DLC?

That is the kind of thing that probably happens a lot more than we even know about. Yes, Capcom has made some questionable to downright stupid decisions and may miss the mark sometimes, but they still always manage to release some games that I ultimately end up loving as well.

This game is ambitious as hell and has a great team behind it. Whether it is received well or not critically is really of no concern to me, as I have seen more than enough with the plethora of footage that has been released to know that this is going to easily be another game by them that nails it for me.

NIN90

so after 30 years of awesome games Capcom sucks now because one of the games had on disc DLC?

You seriously ignore how many bad decisions Capcom made in the last few years?

- on disc DLC
- Super versions as early as 6 months after initial release
- always online DRM with BCR2
- shitty online in all their fighting games

...and the list goes on.

Anyways, gonna get this day one for sure.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I honestly had no interest in this game before, but I'll admit that preview definitely did the job to convince it's worth getting now. Parties being worth a damn, a large world to explore yet still be cautious on, the idea of "survival horror" with night time, and an online component to help others with pawns, most everything except for the art style sounds and looks great to me.

Just a shame where I should have heard this from, Capcom themselves, has been silent other than "it's coming" and one producer's exaggerated wish for sales.

Hopefully it has a good bestiary.

I don't know why the black bars and forced wider aspect ratio bother me so much, but they do. It's probably because in-game your character's feel are cut off. It looks like the screen is blocked instead of designed around it.

Game looks good though. Don't know if I want a 'huge' fantasy rpg this soon after all the big fantasy rpgs I played last year. I feel really burned out.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Am I the only one who thinks this looks kind of terrible?

I think it depends on what you're looking for. Sure, there's a "generic art style" to many of the designs, and the voicework and cpu-allies seem a bit wooden. But if you look past that, there's combat and gameplay that looks SO far beyond what most games of this style offer...

Even the personality of what they're adding (such as what kind of magic, and the concept of the world) just looks fit to appeal to what one like me has always wanted from games like this. It's not the most OBVIOUS way of doing it, but I really think this game will offer much of what I'm missing after the first 10 hours of an elder scrolls game, for example.

This game looks fantastic. I'm glad there's no multiplayer, because quite honestly I'm sick of games having it being shoved in there.

I actually kinda agree. I REALLY wanted multiplayer for this game in the beginning, but as they show how much they've worked on the single-player experience, I really think what they're doing fits better, for now.

By this time in this Gen, I have a load of games with multiplayer components that I'll never TRULY play, or that are eclipsed within days of release by something else. While I'd love to see D.Dogma get a weighty MP component, I'd rather see that happen in a sequel, where it can be properly developed, and truly become a deeply-developed aspect of the package.

ZenaxPure

Well this thread made me go from not caring about the game to wanting to purchase it on day one, so good work with that I guess.

The party/battle systems is what has sold me over I think, before now I just assumed the game was going for some sort of Elder Scrolls knockoff (with boring combat to boot) but this looks something more like Dragon Age: O, FF12, Xenoblade, and games of that ilk. Absolutely can't wait for this now.

I was already 100% sold, then I found out that Diablo 3 was coming out so close to it, then I cancelled my pre-order. I'll get around to it this summer though.

Orayn

o well that's good news at least

makes it easier to wait for a price drop/have blind hope for a half assed capcom pc port (tm)

Capcom's PC ports are delayed, but far from half-assed. Plenty of Western devs do a worse job.

Riposte

To me TSR era DnD look filtered through 3D Japanese art design slickness isn't generic, though it may have been at some point.

ironcreed

Banned
I was just watching the Pawn Guide video again and am really impressed with how deep and fleshed out it is. Also on the plus side is you will be able to always have a new party and will actually have to change party members every few hours in order to balance out what you need for specific quests. This alone will keep the game feeling fresh pretty much indefinitely. Add the fact that you are actually using custom characters created by other players and you have something really addictive and special here. Talk about replay value.

Why out of all the games this gen, Capcom decided to not announce a PC version for this? It is MT Framework though, might as well just confirm that PC version already Capcom.

Ra1den

you mean the original next DMC? Or that crap one coming out?

I think he means the latter, and he is assuming that the DD team would be working on DMC5 if not for this game. Possible I guess, but I don't think it is that simple. I think Capcom wanted to reboot it regardless, and were going to hand it to a different dev no matter what. I don't think it is accurate to say DD killed DMC5.

Top Bottom