• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Fence Sitters - Footage You Need to See

a2gi9a.gif

Im really hyped for this game, but im just waiting for the inevitable in regards to Capcom. I keep thinking... what are they gonna do to fuck this game up somehow.

Anteater

I kind of wonder what some of the skills could do on bigger boss, does anyone know whether or not Strider's Ensnare ability could be used as a grapple like the grapple in Lost Planet?

Some of the skills demonstrated seems to be designed towards small enemies, I hope you get different effects for using them on big bosses.

Cetra

I missed the streams and am currently at work. Anyone know if those streams have been uploaded to YouTube yet? Or some other iPhone compatible website? Really wanna check them out.

wanders

This will be the best bomba game ever.

Although I want the game day one I holding off because I'm thinking the game might BOMBA real quick
I missed the streams and am currently at work. Anyone know if those streams have been uploaded to YouTube yet? Or some other iPhone compatible website? Really wanna check them out.

I think they only showed stuff we already saw. It was a Chimera battle in a ruins dungeon that looped twice.

You really didn't miss anything. They were just streaming the dungeon with the chimera boss. That's one of the areas that they've shown off the most. The stream for today should be better since they're supposed to show a new build.

anrexh.gif

bounchfx

Tried the demo today at pax.. I enjoyed it. Combat felt old school, really fun. I liked the abilities. Only tried one class though. Was confused that there was no block button though.

Dehimos

Neo Member
You really didn't miss anything. They were just streaming the dungeon with the chimera boss. That's one of the areas that they've shown off the most. The stream for today should be better since they're supposed to show a new build.

anrexh.gif

The powder charge is awesome.

Leucrota

So... noone is going to buy this game at launch, wait for the price to go down, have Capcom close up shop, and then praise the game to high Heaven and want more games like it?

Perfect plan!

Zaptruder

Banned
The animations in this video are fucking incredible!
I think style and animations are still some of the things Japan excels at.

Seriously... when you look at Bethesda animations in the context of a reality where this exists... you realize just how shit their product is.

I think style and animations are still some of the things Japan excels at.

If Capcom sells alot with this I'm guessing western developers will be shaking in their boots when other devs like Platinum Games start trying to get their hands on the medieval Yurop Skyrim and Dark Soul(s) crowds. heh.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So... noone is going to buy this game at launch, wait for the price to go down, have Capcom close up shop, and then praise the game to high Heaven and want more games like it?

Perfect plan!
I want to buy the game at launch. But I'm unsure yet for what platform. I think PS3 seems to be favored based on the preview footage, but MT usually runs better on 360 so who knows.

Seriously... when you look at Bethesda animations in the context of a reality where this exists... you realize just how shit their product is.

It's why I wuv Capcom's animation teams so much

Between this, Mohun, Lost Planet, DMC, etc., yeah, they're the bees knees

SO HYPED for this game. I want it to be May 22nd right now! I had already preordered this game before this thread, but I wasn't even hyped... NOW, I must make sure everyone I know buys this game, I really hope it doesn't bomb.

ironcreed

Banned
It's why I wuv Capcom's animation teams so much

Between this, Mohun, Lost Planet, DMC, etc., yeah, they're the bees knees

Yep, and lets also add monster/boss design and effects to that list as well. A great example of both in one game for me is Lost Planet. Even the first one from back in 2007 still has effects that look amazing. Such as the billowing smoke and the explosions. Love that damn game, and the second one, too.

On a side note and as a reminder, stream at noon Eastern today.

Derrick01

Banned
Tried the demo today at pax.. I enjoyed it. Combat felt old school, really fun. I liked the abilities. Only tried one class though. Was confused that there was no block button though.

No blocking? Are you supposed to just roll away from everything witcher 2-style?

In games I typically don't like to be the archer or mage, but this game makes them look so good and fun to play.

I think that every class will be popular except for the tankers (even though they look really good). It's possible that my pawn will be a tanker.

Stream should be starting anytime now. Greg is getting a hold of the guy he's doing it with.

They were just streaming DMC Collection and it sounds like they're about to move to a Basara game. Well, that's what it sounded like since one of them mentioned that people were asking about it.

LProtag

They were just streaming DMC Collection and it sounds like they're about to move to a Basara game. Well, that's what it sounded like since one of them mentioned that people were asking about it.

Haha, no, no. Some dude was asking the Funimation guy about the Basara anime. None of the games have ever come out in English.

Top Bottom