• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I know its a tangent but god damn how does it come to pass that PS4's screenshot function actually records its own "you took a screenshot!" notification ON the screenshot?!?!

Half of my saved screens have those on them and its driving me batshit. I mean, c'mon!

*eye twitch*

that's weird.
None of mine do.
I hold down the share button until I see the icon pop.
wondering if perhaps it is something to do with the HDD speed.

iFootball

I know its a tangent but god damn how does it come to pass that PS4's screenshot function actually records its own "you took a screenshot!" notification ON the screenshot?!?!

Half of my saved screens have those on them and its driving me batshit. I mean, c'mon!

*eye twitch*
That's so weird... Doesn't happen to me at all

*eye twitch*
Are you taking multiple screenshots within a short time frame? The secondary screenshot is capturing the icon from the first one taken.

Sir TapTap

that's weird.
None of mine do.
I hold down the share button until I see the icon pop.
wondering if perhaps it is something to do with the HDD speed.

Urg, quick screenshot is better. But this is a result of taking tons of screenshots at once with quick screenshot feature.

Shaneus

Well Grid 1 is a stretch, but its closer to grid 1 than say midnight club, burnout, nfs, forza, and gran turismo.
I'd have said it's a lot closer to Midnight Club LA. That to me felt very much like an open-world PGR. But it's been a while since I've played it, perhaps my memory betrays me.

Well Grid 1 is a stretch, but its closer to grid 1 than say midnight club, burnout, nfs, forza, and gran turismo.

Absolutely not. I'd say it sits somewhere between Forza normal handling and Forza simulation handling but at the same time unique that it doesn't feel like any other racer. Before I picked up DC I had been playing a lot of Forza 4 and had the handling model down in next to no time, it barley felt like a change as all the basic skills from sim games automatically applied (I assume the change from GT would have been just as easy) whereas when you move to games like Grid, Burnout, NFS, and Midnight Club the handling model is radically different as they use skill sets that are unique to their own games.

benzy

*eye twitch*

Yup, annoys the shit out of me too, lol. I'm gonna tweet Shu and ask him if they can remove that notification icon but just leave the sound. It's stays on screen for too damn long anyway. It's also annoying when I wanna take a screenshot while recording footage, but I can't because I don't want that icon showing up in my vids. SMH.

Jesus christ people online are fucking ridiculous. Most of my races have actually been pleasant but this one was just ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc4MKTMIwKo

ml7gED.gif

Dezir drift event (Renault electric car) in the expansion tour.

1. Sometimes there is no tire noise during the first drift (bug)

2. The car has no gearbox, just D for drive, handbrake and steering, so, how can the leaderboard be full of 7000 and 8000 point totals, when it is very hard to get even the 4400 needed for 3 stars -- I wish you could select a ghost to see what they did.

Shaneus

Dezir drift event (Renault electric car) in the expansion tour.

1. Sometimes there is no tire noise during the first drift (bug)

2. The car has no gearbox, just D for drive, handbrake and steering, so, how can the leaderboard be full of 7000 and 8000 point totals, when it is very hard to get even the 4400 needed for 3 stars -- I wish you could select a ghost to see what they did.
Is that the only drift event for the Dezir? Because I know a bug that got me around #5 in the world (and could've conceivably been higher), and about 1000 or so higher than the 4400 (I might've been nudging 6k). Haven't tried repeating it but I remember exactly what happened. For obvious reasons, I'm hesitant to share it here (or anywhere).

Note: It was very much unintentional when I did it, and was surprised when I saw it counted at the end. The glitch may well work for other drift events as well, but I did my best to replicate it (even on the same track) but couldn't.

Nyx

Did they change something to collisions online or am I crazy?

I feel like I spin out a lot less due to people ramming into me...

djjinx2

Did they change something to collisions online or am I crazy?

I feel like I spin out a lot less due to people ramming into me...

Yes they changed collision physics

Weather update finally convinced me: Joined in yesterday!

Some tips for a new guy?

Also, is there a spot free in some GAF club?

With the quicker cars, throttle control is very much needed. Wheelspins cost time. Practise makes perfect!

Shaneus

Something's definitely changed online, no idea what... but I just logged in and got a progress update, with a page saying I'd unlocked 464 items including 4 cars and hundreds of liveries/badges. I'm guessing it's some refresh thing to do with clubs because I think they're all club unlocks (one was the Mono, another was the Bentley).

Jesus christ people online are fucking ridiculous. Most of my races have actually been pleasant but this one was just ridiculous

ml7gED.gif

Yeah plenty of contact going on in that vid!

I feel the quality of the driving online has taken a big dip recently - whether it's the influx of new guys after Black Friday etc or returning players brought by the weather update I don't know but the amount of blatant ramming has increased a lot.

This was taken from 2 races last night, there was more that I hadn't recorded.

http://youtu.be/30FuxBUOA64

It's understandable if it's someone new to the game who doesn't know the track and rear ends you at a braking point but that's not what happening here.

I did have a fun race in hot hatches in the rain at Tamil Nadu tho, plenty of contact but just from close racing rather than deliberate attempt's to take each other out.

http://youtu.be/bIIun5vBgRU

DBT85

Only got it this week but really enjoying myself. Joined Flash Step and have been trying some challenges.

The challenges and notifications seem very slow to pull data through though, I assume that's been one of the issues since launch?

Nyx

What are the confirmed/rumoured content and features for upcoming updates and DLC?

Replay mode (free update), private lobbies (free update), new tour events (paid DLC), new cars (some free, most paid DLC), new tracks (free update), new location (Japan, free update)

All confirmed.

le-seb

Replay mode (free update), private lobbies (free update), new tour events (paid DLC), new cars (some free, most paid DLC), new tracks (free update), new location (Japan, free update)

All confirmed.
It should be noted that all tracks will be from the new location.

Also, as a reminder:
15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

DLC will be extended to July.

Is that the only drift event for the Dezir? Because I know a bug that got me around #5 in the world (and could've conceivably been higher), and about 1000 or so higher than the 4400 (I might've been nudging 6k). Haven't tried repeating it but I remember exactly what happened. For obvious reasons, I'm hesitant to share it here (or anywhere).

Note: It was very much unintentional when I did it, and was surprised when I saw it counted at the end. The glitch may well work for other drift events as well, but I did my best to replicate it (even on the same track) but couldn't.

it is disappointing if leaderboard tops are dominated by bugged entries

take the "m135i hot lap" event.
the 3 star time is 1:25, i can barely get it with a manual gearbox.
now the top 50 page 1 is a spread of 1;18 to 1:20 times.

sorry i dont see how a 1:18 is possible. Thats 7 seconds faster, in one lap, than the 3 star time - on a super twisty slow track with an m135i that can only go so fast through half the corners.

I wanna see the replays!!!!

Yeal alien drivers are a thing, but can we make sure bugs arent a thing first?

Vaga

There are no "bugged" times on the leaderboards, some people are that fast. Also you can see their ghosts running around but not if you are that fucking slow that you can't even get 3 stars.

ml7gED.gif
I think that from the perspective of other drivers you moves can also be perceived as ramming. I think that the speed en the handling of these fast cars are partly to blame. I know that there have been times that I wasn't able to control a car and rammed others, making me look agressive.

Antti

Is anyone having trouble getting the Ignition DLC cars to unlock? I see the DLC marked as installed, but for whatever reason I get this when I try to use any of the cars in that DLC (the others like the M5 work just fine):

I am having the exact same problem!

EDIT: There's a thread on it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=142836343

EDIT2: I'm European, and I had bought the game using my alt US account. The DLC works now that I redeemed it from the store with my US account (aka the account I bought the game with).

DBT85

Can't connect to the servers at all for challenges this morning :-(

Added Driveclub-gaf to my friends list though.

DBT--85

Antti

sorry i dont see how a 1:18 is possible. Thats 7 seconds faster, in one lap, than the 3 star time - on a super twisty slow track with an m135i that can only go so fast through half the corners.

What event is this exactly? A part of the DLC?

T.O.P

Banned
So the new events that are gonna use weather are for January, correct?

Anyway, wanna go home and play :<

Thank god for the weekend

What event is this exactly? A part of the DLC?

yeah its in the photo finish dlc i think.

i saw the ghost, after beating the 3 stars. And briefly talked to the guy (ps4 instant messages are going fast for once!). Surprisingly he uses ds4 and auto. He also does a lot of two wheels in the dirt on the inside of the corner, initial-d style. It adds up to 7 seconds over 3 star target

Evolution need a 4th special star - its odd that 1 2 and 3 star times are 2 seonds apart but optimal time is 7 seconds faster..

You should actually be able to see the ghost lap of the fastest time when you do it. You usually see the ghost of the fastest lap, the one ahead of you and your fastest when you do a time trial.

djjinx2

Since I'm only interested in the Tour Packs, have they said anything about how much they will cost?

They are part of the season pass only afaik.

It's not really expensive when you consider how long it can take to 3 star every event!

le-seb

They are part of the season pass only afaik.
No way they won't be available individually from the store.

The thing is, it looks like there'll be two tour packs each month, one coming with cars, and the other one without.
Edit: or at least, one tour pack will require cars coming from the associated car pack.
So, the one coming with cars will probably be more expensive.
If I were to guess, I'd expect something like &#8364;1.99 and &#8364;5.99.

djjinx2

No way they won't be available individually from the store.

The thing is, it looks like there'll be two tour packs each month, one coming with cars, and the other one without.
Edit: or at least, one tour pack will require cars coming from the associated car pack.
So, the one coming with cars will probably be more expensive.
If I were to guess, I'd expect something like €1.99 and €5.99.

Looks like your right, DLC will be available separately according to the playstation blog

Fenzer

I had one of my best playing moments yesterday.

I was racing online with dynamic weather enabled. And suddenly, the snow fell and my god I cannot see anything. Everybody was in the same case breaking every seconds, I manage to go from 4th Place the 2nd one thanks to the snow. That was awesome. Thanks Evo.

Antti

I just tried it out and did a 1:20:xxx and that was with a couple of mistakes, so I have to disagree, 1:18 is definitely possible. Keep in mind it's an optimal lap.

Mogwai

Are the statistics permanently broken or do I have to buy the Season Pass before they will start work? So far I haven't been able to see any statistics, player nor club.

Top Bottom