• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

Trogdor1123

. Also starting Thursday, we will be rolling out online access to the Driveclub PS Plus Edition and will steadily bring more and more players online while continuously ensuring that all game systems are running smoothly

Lol its not even launching fully featured?
No, they are just watching server loads I suspect. they don't want it break again is all

Making an offline version of the PS+ edition. Shit they should have done months ago and was my first suggestion made when I heard about network problems being the reason for the delay.

Exactly. I really don't understand their throught process with this delayed online rollout. I'm guessing we could have had this offline version last year.

mclem

What does that mean they'll 'steadily bring on more online players'?

It sounds to me like they think the servers can handle it, but will ramp it up slowly and if they're struggling, will wait a bit while they sort that. It sounds like the infrastructure changes were to allow for more dynamic server allocation so they can do it more on-the-fly.

Not quite sure why the offline component wasn't released much earlier, though. What they're releasing now is what they always could have released, in principle.

Also, mildly disappointed there's apparently no provision for people who had a sub back when we were originally told it would launch and now no longer do. To be fair, I didn't really expect that to be covered (hence why it's only a mild disappointment!), but it would have been a nice gesture.

KalBalboa

Banned
Can't wait to hear the same arguments from every Driveclub thread in this thread.

Yup.

For anyone not Googling today, here's what's in the PS+ edition:

• Every DRIVECLUB™ feature: from online multiplayer matches and challenges, to offline solo racing, Tour events, customisation, replays, Photo Mode and more.
• The option to create your own races with full control over the time of day and the weather.
• Access to all 13 tracks in India, one of six locations in DRIVECLUB™.
• 15 cars for your garage.
• A full set of 27 PlayStation® trophies, including the precious Platinum.

Get more:
• To add an extra 40+ cars, 65 tracks and a vast single player campaign, upgrade to the full game version at PlayStation®Store.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
With the recent PS+ discount. I might as well just get the full version.

swnny

Heh, of course I will order the game (for 20Euro) and they will release the free edition on the next day. :D

I was sorta interested in checking Driveclub out, and now they finally bring this out just as my PS+ subscription expired, eh? I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Kosma

Banned
Yesssssss finally.

Shit better be good.

Too bad there is no Norway or Scotland, but 13 tracks is very solid imho. Should be a great way to experience the game before maybe upgrading.

Actually I've seen a lot of people mentioning PGR when talking about the game. It's obviously more sim like but still ....

Yeah, but it feels nothing like PGR. The physics are twitchy and just odd, nowhere near a sim/realistic game. They're easy to get used to but the cars react way too fast. PGR is easily closer to a sim than DC just in how the cars are actually weighty and have momentum going around corners.

I was lucky enough to get it yesterday, (I've mentioned this yesterday)
and oh boy does this game rock

The visuals are so hot man (never seen anything like it)
The sound and the HUD the aesthetics are so elegant.
But it's not just the graphics the control of the car is so smooth

I'll be buying it for sure ( where can I get the best price for it, I rather have a physical version)
If you have a PS4 there is really no excuse to at least Dl this version I think it's a smart move on Sony they finally be making a profit out of this game.

Blobbers

Still only India? After all that they put us through, they couldn't even get us at least one more area?

I'm honestly kind of perturbed by that. Didn't think I'd be. But here we are. These guys have all but used up all of my trust.

Making an offline version of the PS+ edition. Shit they should have done months ago and was my first suggestion made when I heard about network problems being the reason for the delay.
The game is heavily online focused, the ghosts, the Face Offs. Take the online stuff away and it becomes a bit of a dull game.

And check my post history to see that isn't a troll.

For that reason I don't think they'd want to have an offline version sitting there for countless months as people'd go 'this is junk, let's move on'.

foxbeldin

MQdHmuc.gif

Still only India? After all that they put us through, they couldn't even get us at least one more area?

I'm honestly kind of perturbed by that. Didn't think I'd be. But here we are. These guys have all but used up all of my trust.

I felt the same way at first but India offers many tracks
so it's like many different parts of India, and they look so different from each other.

hbkdx12

Was there ever a reason as to why this game/studio was plagued with such terrible server issues that basically crippled the game for this long?

Don't think i've ever seen any company/dev team have their game be this hindered just from server issues

Seanspeed

Banned
Umm read the OP.
I did. That's why I'm asking as it's not clarified what this entails exactly.

It sounds to me like they think the servers can handle it, but will ramp it up slowly and if they're struggling, will wait a bit while they sort that. It sounds like the infrastructure changes were to allow for more dynamic server allocation so they can do it more on-the-fly.

Not quite sure why the offline component wasn't released much earlier, though. What they're releasing now is what they always could have released, in principle.
I don't know how you slowly roll this out, though. If they anticipate server overload, then they're gonna have a lot of unhappy people when shit doesn't work. Or maybe they'll just do it region-by-region or something?

pager99

It's 13 tracks dude

Top Bottom