• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

DasRaven

Yay, now all the LTTP people can finally see the light (and stop ruining every announce thread for season pass content). Glad they finally delivered as promised.

I'm hopeful that this means they are clearing the "Season 1" deliverables in anticipation of announcing Season 2 plans. As a day-1 digital buyer, I adore this game and only wish it had more of everything.

Hedrush

All you guys/girls who have been waiting for the PS+ edition don't forget to buy the best season pass ever, that's if you like the game of course.

All you guys/girls who have been waiting for the PS+ edition don't forget to buy the best season pass ever, that's if you like the game of course.

That's all we need to buy after downloading the PS + version if we like the game? Was thinking what I would need to buy if I like it.

WOW ( thanks)

4HMnOgm.jpg

Oh yeah !

Zrukj6x.jpg

This is going to be Fun!

marcincz

Everyone who doesn't play should check this game. One of the best racers in my gaming career. Amazing weather effects, beautiful cars and their interiors. Take it if they giving absolutely free.

Hedrush

That's all we need to buy after downloading the PS + version if we like the game? Was thinking what I would need to buy if I like it.

Well you'll need to buy the base game first of course, but the season pass is jam packed with extra content. If you like the game then the season pass is a must.

Well you'll need to buy the base game first of course, but the season pass is jam packed with extra content. If you like the game then the season pass is a must.

could you post a link,
It's kinda hard to navigate the store.

BTW this season pass , will it allow us to continue to get free DLC forever or how does it work?

Can you use the Season Pass with the PS+ Edition? I sold the game long time ago but want to play the additional content as soon as it is discounted.

ElNino

Means it's still not the full PS+ Edition for everyone at launch.

What if you're no longer a PS+ sub, but were at the time Driveclub was promised?
How would that be different than any other PS+ game? If you don't have an active PS+ subscription, you can't play any PS+ games regardless of when you downloaded them.

Hedrush

could you post a link,
It's kinda hard to navigate the store.

BTW this season pass , will it allow us to continue to get free DLC forever or how does it work?

I. Can't seem to access the store just now it's just timing out. This diagram shows all the DLC including free stuff and how it was spaced out over the year.

CjxTM3U.png

Well, they do actually have to buy the game itself first. One step at a time!

Yeah, I know and I did mention it.

Spaceking

I downloaded Driveclub PS Plus Edition yesterday and only have access to the offline mode.

Beautiful game, but hard to master with a DS4.

Willectro

Banned
How would that be different than any other PS+ game? If you don't have an active PS+ subscription, you can't play any PS+ games regardless of when you downloaded them.

Can't think of a PS+ game that has had a worse launch, so one would think that this would get special treatment. Sony and Evolution seem to think they are doing me a favor releasing this, when I paid for this months back via a subscription. Bad PR all around.

mclem

I did wonder if they might throw a bone of some description, since it comes across as a little bit of a bait-and-switch otherwise.

"Oh, this sub won't actually include Driveclub, in fact. Sorry. Your next sub will, though!"

Minor, but mildly bothersome.

Can't think of a PS+ game that has had a worse launch, so one would think that this would get special treatment. Sony and Evolution seem to think they are doing me a favor releasing this, when I paid for this months back via a subscription. Bad PR all around.

I don't think you will get anybody disagreeing with you about the launch but they already have given the game special treatment. People who bought the game got two free DLC packs, and those that get the PS+ edition get more than what was origionally stated from the official announcement, now they get access to a startline tour that has a variety of different locations with additional cars from the main game as well as a few DLC cars.

canedaddy

I'm looking forward to checking this out. I'm interested but it'll depend on how the driving feels to me. Supposedly it's a sim/arcade mix leaning toward sim, but it's hard to tell what that means until you hit the road.

Willectro

Banned
I don't think you will get anybody disagreeing with you about the launch but they already have given the game special treatment. People who bought the game got two free DLC packs, and those that get the PS+ edition get more than what was origionally stated from the official announcement, now they get access to a startline tour that has a variety of different locations with additional cars from the main game as well as a few DLC cars.

It's good, but they could still do better. I still see this as a opportunity for them to push DLC, etc, so again it's not like they are doing anyone a favor.

Noobcraft

Was this for digital only? I bought the game a week or two after launch and never got free DLC.

jacobeid

Banned
Excited to try it finally. I've been looking for a good game to play while listening to music on Spotify and this could fit the bill nicely, especially with that price drop to $24.99.

Hugstable

Banned
Great to see this coming out now. I figured it would be awhile for this to come out as they probably wanted to focus on making sure the servers were completely stablized after everything that happened at launch. It's great that more people will finally get to experience this game.

I forgot this was even coming. I wonder if they waited so long in order to rekindle interest in the game?

No, they were still making server improvements. There was a huge server change about a month ago, they replaced all challenge servers and lifted the limit on number of participants, which I think was the last hurdle to clear for PS+

Sad that online will be added in waves. The game is playable offline, which I truly appreciate, but at the same time not being part of a club and interacting with your fellow members (whether you're playing with each other live, or making challenges for each other, or just working together to level up your club and unlock new stuff) diminishes the experience.

Krakn3Dfx

Should have released it in offline mode a year ago to be honest. I imagine the impact on actual sales numbers would have moved the needle more in the heat of release window. Cool that this is finally happening though, great game hampered by a disastrous launch window.

So the net code is still not ready for what happened in October.

I'm expecting a total destruction of the servers to be honest.

It's a really great game. Just a shame that the launch has been such a complete fucking catastrophe. I hope in the long term it's successful enough that Shu commissions a sequel from Evolution, or at least they're allowed to develop another new game.

Top Bottom