• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

SiPetrikov

Neo Member
I would practise with time trials or single races (not part of the Tours) in dry conditions to get used to things first. Personally I just did a bunch of time trials and kept knocking time off my laps until I got a feel for the cars, tracks and handling model.

With time trials at least you can keep an eye on individual sector times, and see specifically which corners you're losing or making time on, and how to best approach them for maximum speed. My advice on that front is be ballsy, don't just race the same way each lap. Take risks, push the car to the edge, see how much of certain apexes you can cut, how many yellow flag (and even some red) corners you can take without braking, or with just throttle control etc.

Cool, thanks. I probably jumped straight into a tour too quickly. I didn't even see that there were flags I should be paying attention to.

My normal approach is already quite ballsy, but in the bad, overly smashy, way. Maybe if I can rein that in a little I'll get a better feel for it.

Cool, thanks. I probably jumped straight into a tour too quickly. I didn't even see that there were flags I should be paying attention to.

My normal approach is already quite ballsy, but in the bad, overly smashy, way. Maybe if I can rein that in a little I'll get a better feel for it.

The PS Plus versions definitely throws you into the deep end right off the bat so it's sound advice to try do some trials before jumping into the events.

This game is gorgeous, and I've actually gotten better in the few hours I've put in.

My initial impressions were a bit mixed, since I'm definitely an arcade racer guy. But the more I play this, the more I'm enjoying it.

This thread is simply hilarous... A racing game with no backstory???? Oh the horror.

joecanada

Rewind and lack of non-aesthetic customization are two of the complaints I understand the least. I am not good at racing games but when I play them I don't want to fuss with stupid RPG crap to make my car "the best" nor do I want a free-win button. And Driveclub's experience system and side-goals for tours does a decent enough job of motivating me to at least finish a race instead of instantly ragequitting. That alone has made me enjoy racing a lot more. The one time I got really frustrated with Driveclub was on a track I hadn't played with a huge twist right off the bat where I kept restarting. Restarting is the devil.

wtf? rewind is a thing in racing games now? you must be joking...

customization I can see the complaints it was fun to tune cars in GT , BUT with a caveat there that usually you would just buy all customizations anyway, so it wasn't really about the customizations really, because if your car could handle a stage 4 turbine, you would put it in anyway... but the tuning in GT was unique because you could tweak gear ratios and all sorts of stuff which was in fact useful ... as a sim GT is the king, no other game had that level of tuning where you could tweak gear ratios, etc to shave say a couple of hundredths of a second off your best time on a ring (for practice) and yes I spent hours doing just this back in the day.... (shock height , braking etc which would sometimes totally break a car then it was back to square one)

however, customization is it's own whole thing... in GT you didn't demonstrate any skill without completing say the rear wheel drive endurance races with cars equally as good as yours ... like if you had a viper GT , there were two other Vipers on the track with you... the first races where you just bought a used Mitsubishi GTO and put a stage 4 turbine in it required ZERO skill.

edit ^ I know right "no story" lol... then the guy earlier said the "story" in forza was you were competing in some rich guys festival ...LOL good lord that's the motivation you needed to play the game? just wow. Actually that's worse than no story.

GodofWine

This isn't the way they handle "rubber banding" in Driveclub. No car will ever go beyond its speed limit. AI drivers slow down / speed up dependent on your skill. The Caterham can hit 130 on a straight in Driveclub so maybe you were going sower. But you could have at least pressed the share button if you considered it impossible, that's what it's there for.

Just let him have his idea that the caterham can continue to pull away at speeds in excess of 135mph...those cars accelerate like mad, but they will never exceed their actual top speed, he probably got passed on the acceleration out of a turn and the straight was too short to spool up and blow by it.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
It's one of the worst reviewed PS4 games! If I'm trolling, it is a completely objective troll.

I just don't think it's a very good game. They seem to be continuing to patch it, which is why I continue to look at Driveclub threads from time to time, but it's truly a game without a market.

Wasn't the initial marketing pitch for this game supposed to be that of a fun, social racer? Why make it hard as balls then? People shouldn't have to spend 30 hours to get "good" at a game that is supposed to be a fun social racer from the makers of Motorstorm.

It's just piss poor game design. There may be a decent game buried somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet. Maybe they're working on a 1.5 patch that overhauls the thing.

Sorry about the Driveclub fanboys, you shouldn't be called a troll for criticizing the game.

As for the social aspect, get into a club the drives clean, and race with them. I wish I had party chat audio on because we were fucking screening at our cars up until the very end.

The PS Plus versions definitely throws you into the deep end right off the bat so it's sound advice to try do some trials before jumping into the events.

Oh, thought I was very bad!! Glad I am not the only one.

The game is amazing, I knew I would love it, but I did a few SP things and then went into the Startline tour. While some of the events were really helpful, like the Mini time trial, others were a bit on the frustrating side. So I will take this advice and play time trials on dry conditions. Even with that I think I got a lot better, but I am still far off.

Love the arcade/technical mix, specially on how to attack the curves, the sense of speed, the feel of the car, how you feel the acceleration and of course the graphics are Amazing! I think with this and MK8 I will have my racing fix this gen. And the rain and snow detail is really something to check out.

The snow tracks are the less impressive IMO.

cakely

Forza is so much better than Driveclub that any comparisons are meaningless. He's right; it is the Killzone of driving games. There are much better options out there in the genre.

Not sure why people are being so defensive about this.

You come into a Driveclub thread, tell people how much better Forza is than Driveclub, and then ask why people are being so defensive.

This is the definition of a shitpost.

Melchiah

Second complaint is the AI. After racing the drivatars in the past few Forza games, this feels like a huge step back. They never split up or make any mistakes. Just perfectly follow a line through every course, which makes them look more like a train than individually piloted cars.

Third complaint is the "dynamic difficulty" aka rubber banding. I know they say it's minimal, but I've noticed it on several occasions, one that totally took me out of the experience. I am lucky enough to have driven many of these sports and super cars in real life, so I know what they are capable of and how they should behave. I was going ~130mph and accelerating on a straightaway in a V12 Aston Zagato, when I was overtaken by a Caterham R500. Sorry, but in no universe is that possible.

There is just something off about the handling as well. There is not much of a middle ground between grip and losing control. In Forza, I can play with the cars at the limit and adjust them mid corner through throttle control and steering. This game does not provide that fine level of control and playfulness. The cars go from grip + understeer to violent snap oversteer in an instant.

Regarding the AI, that's completely untrue. I just played the new tours, and the AI smashed to each other and the sides of the road several times.

And for the umpteenth time, there's no rubber banding when you're in the lead. They slow down when you're left behind, but never the opposite.

As for keeping the vehicle in control, I just did what you described doing in Forza with the Mercedes in one of the new events. Of course it's harder to do that with some of the more powerful cars, but it's not impossible.

joecanada

Sorry about the Driveclub fanboys, you shouldn't be called a troll for criticizing the game.

As for the social aspect, get into a club the drives clean, and race with them. I wish I had party chat audio on because we were fucking screening at our cars up until the very end.

Forza is so much better than Driveclub that any comparisons are meaningless. He's right; it is the Killzone of driving games. There are much better options out there in the genre.

this is the very definition of trolling. in the post you responded to he wonders if there will be a patch to "overhaul the whole thing" and find the game "buried underneath all of that"... and then states its too hard. It's a laughable post at best, the game isn't even a sim it's not hard. he further references poor reviews which were made when the game was release in a "not working " state as though this proves something.

what really confuses me is I thought Forza was a proper sim, so can someone explain to me how forza is a sim yet it is apparently more forgiving than driveclub? That makes zero sense.... GT is much harder than Driveclub.

(for reference I am not into racing games as much as I used to so I am just playing ps plus version of driveclub).

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
There is just something off about the handling as well. There is not much of a middle ground between grip and losing control. In Forza, I can play with the cars at the limit and adjust them mid corner through throttle control and steering. This game does not provide that fine level of control and playfulness. The cars go from grip + understeer to violent snap oversteer in an instant.

You're just wrong. The variety in car handling models is one of Driveclub's best qualities. Try that shit on a Lykan Hypersport (grippy as fuck).

I'm replying to this thread to let everyone know that even though I suck really, REALLY badly at this game, I'm still having fun with it. I'll get the cornering down some day.

Maybe.

We'll see.

But until then, have fun passing me as I'm sitting in the dirt—backwards—punching my steering wheel.

Melchiah

It's one of the worst reviewed PS4 games! If I'm trolling, it is a completely objective troll.

I just don't think it's a very good game. They seem to be continuing to patch it, which is why I continue to look at Driveclub threads from time to time, but it's truly a game without a market.

Wasn't the initial marketing pitch for this game supposed to be that of a fun, social racer? Why make it hard as balls then? People shouldn't have to spend 30 hours to get "good" at a game that is supposed to be a fun social racer from the makers of Motorstorm.

It's just piss poor game design. There may be a decent game buried somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet. Maybe they're working on a 1.5 patch that overhauls the thing.

Well, many of the initial reviews reduced the score because it wasn't an open world racer, and basically because it wasn't Forza. Those reviewers judged the game for what it wasn't, instead of what it is.

It was just re-reviewed by GamesRadar, and they gave it 4.5 / 5:
When Driveclub arrived last year, it was a hot mess. The servers were so flaky, not only was the game's main selling point - its online clubs - reduced to a scintillating game of 'can I even connect today?', Sony decided it was pointless releasing the PS Plus-exclusive trial edition. Well, that's all changed. Not only is the PS Plus edition now on PSN, the original game has been updated (for free) in so many ways, our original review no longer reflected its quality. So it's time to evaluate the Driveclub experience once again.

Just to be clear, this is not an open world racer like The Crew. You don't cruise around with your team and challenge other people by revving up at lights. Driveclub is a game of separated racing events on realistic (but not real) roads in various locations around the globe. You pick an event or series, you race on it, you pick another. While it might have been fun to prowl around country lanes in a gang of supercars, the reality is far clearer on what you actually need to do every time you play. And it really works.

Driveclub is exhilarating. It constantly challenges you to be better. Better than the computer, better than your friends… better than yourself. Whether it's PSN ID-emblazoned average speed challenge zones, blue racing lines to hug through chicanes or multiple ghosts on the track with you, you're always given a feeling of involvement and competition. Even in the tour mode, you always have this sense of rivalry - something that's augmented brilliantly by the club system.

But even the tour mode feels like it's had some liquid vitality injected into its fuel tank. Driveclub had a slow, sleepy start, but the version that you can buy right now looks incredible, is enjoyable for beginners and racing veterans, and is one of the best examples of online integration yet seen. And any game that frequently has me saying 'I can't believe how good this is' has got to be doing something right. Driveclub is absolutely the best racing game on PS4, and I can't wait to see how it develops next.

What's the point, then? Serious question.

As an arcade racer, it fails due to learning curve.
As a sim racer, it fails due to lack of depth.

As such, there's nothing really to build off of. Yes, there are club/social elements, but what is the point when the barrier to entry is so high? What else is there?

That's what I meant by poor game design. The entire thing feels soulless and with no hook to reel people in and keep them playing.

Arcade racers, like WipEout, have had a steep learning curve as well. It's not uncommon to the genre.

I do think they made a mistake, when they didn't include the starting tour, or at least its rookie and amateur stages, of the full version in the PS+ edition. The Startline tour is pretty challenging event for the newcomers.

Lothars

It's not though, Forza games really vary in quality from great (forza 3, forza horizon 2) to terrible(forza 5).

Drive Club is a really good game and really not like any forza game.

joecanada

I'm replying to this thread to let everyone know that even though I suck really, REALLY badly at this game, I'm still having fun with it. I'll get the cornering down some day.

Maybe.

We'll see.

But until then, have fun passing me as I'm sitting in the dirt—backwards—punching my steering wheel.

you know something I learned from playing GT back in the day (it is very unforgiving) is that it is actually better to brake too much before turns and go too slowly, then slowly increase your speed until you are just on the edge of losing control... that is the "sweet spot' ... this seems better than just spinning out each time as I find you don't learn as much that way...

(if you really want to be thorough you could memorize your best speed on each corner of the track but lets not get carried away lol)

I'm really not sure about Driveclub. I played an hour or so and never really felt like I was in control. The handling felt floaty and playing first person just made it worse. Plus I never had any general awareness. I kept finding cars in places I didn't expect them and it was screwing up my line (which is probably to the credit of the AI honestly, it seemed to be pretty agressive and a bit challenging to defend, but when I was just trying to get used to the game it was really frustrating).

I think I just underestimated how arcade-y it would be. I'd like to give it another chance without the weather conditions on. It's a bit too much when I still don't really have the basic controls down

Just race in dry conditions , rain or snow is fine, but much harder if you don't control the car properly ...After some time without rain , racing in rain will be easier because you'll understand better the game

Evo X

Please don't confuse me with the other guy who just came here to bash. You can look at my post history and see that I did not make a single negative post about DriveClub until I had a chance to get the PS+ version and play it for myself. I gave this game a fair shake, but it just didn't seem to click for me for whatever reason. That's nothing to get mad about.

You all make some fair points, but I see a few of you are comparing the full game to the PS+ Edition.

I have not played the full game, so I have no idea how that handles the difficulty scale. All I know is that when I started up PS+ version, the first race it dropped me into was an SLS Black Series during heavy rain.

I wish I had more than 10 tour events to try, as I feel I didn't get enough experience to really get a chance to learn the mechanics. Feel like they really cheaped out and could have given us more after making us wait 2.5 years. They hyped the PS+ version so much but it feels no different than a demo.

I'll be honest. I play racing games for fun. I don't care about shaving off tenths of a second. Just because the weather effects are more realistic, and there is a lack of rewind does not mean it's better (IMO). I didn't mean to talk down to you if that's what you enjoy. Just sharing my opinion.

Realism is a tricky thing. It's not very realistic to control a car with sticks and triggers. Even if you have a badass steering wheel setup, and awesome graphics, it can never compare to the real thing. When I am racing in real life, I have so much more information. I get feedback from the steering, chassis, tires, g-forces etc.

I've driven Astons, BMWs, McLarens, Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mercedes, Vettes, Vipers, GTRs, etc. in real life. I've had training by professionals on tracks around the country in all sorts of weather conditions. My daily driver is a Porsche Cayman GTS. My brother has an Audi R8 V10 and one of my best friends has an Ariel Atom that they let me take out pretty much whenever. Trust me, I know cars and racing.

But when I sit down in front of my TV to play a game, I just want to have fun, and after a few hours, I wasn't feeling it. Simple as that.

I didn't mean to start a fanboy war. I apologize if it came off that way. I will go back and try some single events and maybe it will feel better once I get the hang of it.

But for the moment, DriveClub didn't hook me out the gate like Horizon 2 or the PGR games.

I have not played the full game, so I have no idea how that handles the difficulty scale. All I know is that when I started up PS+ version, the first race it dropped me into was an SLS Black Series during heavy rain.
Can you do single events in the PS+ edition? If so you can set up the driving conditions, number of AI, skill level, laps, weather or no weather etc. You still accrue fame to progress in the game so you could completely ignore the tours if you wanted to. If you still want to give it a shot.

This game isn't for everybody, and I don't think people who dislike the handling model are trolling, but for others it may just not click at first.

Just fired this up for the first time after spending days downloading it last week - live on new build estate with only 2mbps download speed available :-(

Now I see that it is currently downloading another update and has 12 hours before its done. I normally never play a game until its fully patched up but seeing as I see this PS Plus edition more as a demo I decided to fire it up and go against my normal routine.

So I have heard how gorgeous this game is and how nice it looks and feels for months. Fires it up and it just appears really jaggy and stuttery in motion and not smooth frame rate wise. I am really blown away by how bad it looks in motion and in image quality. I know its a 30fps game but so is FH2 and I remember that being clean looking and feeling smooth in motion.

I am sat here shocked at DC - perhaps its the patch downloading or something but I've paused it and restarted the game and it still doesn't look or feel good in motion to my eyes at least.

Am I missing something here ?

P.S. edit ...

Just reading the posts above mine now - not trying to start any flame war either ... I came in this thread blind and posted as I just tried the game on spur of the moment as a quick break from Arkham Knight.

But when I sit down in front of my TV to play a game, I just want to have fun, and after a few hours, I wasn't feeling it. Simple as that.

But for the moment, DriveClub didn't hook me out the gate like Horizon 2 or the PGR games.

I bought the game and the season pass, banged my head against it for a few hours and came away feeling much the same. I'm sure I just need to "gitgud" but it isn't fun enough (for me) to want to get there.

Footos22

Just fired this up for the first time after spending days downloading it last week - live on new build estate with only 2mbps download speed available :-(

Now I see that it is currently downloading another update and has 12 hours before its done. I normally never play a game until its fully patched up but seeing as I see this PS Plus edition more as a demo I decided to fire it up and go against my normal routine.

So I have heard how gorgeous this game is and how nice it looks and feels for months. Fires it up and it just appears really jaggy and stuttery in motion and not smooth frame rate wise. I am really blown away by how bad it looks in motion and in image quality. I know its a 30fps game but so is FH2 and I remember that being clean looking and feeling smooth in motion.

I am sat here shocked at DC - perhaps its the patch downloading or something but I've paused it and restarted the game and it still doesn't look or feel good in motion to my eyes at least.

P.S. edit ...

Just reading the posts above mine now - not trying to start any flame war either ... I came in this thread blind and posted as I just tried the game on spur of the moment as a quick break from Arkham Knight.

Should of gone to specsavers. Smooth as butter for a 30fps game.

P.S. edit ...

You are likely mistaking camera shake for judder.

I think it is well-done and adds to sense of speed, but apparently they're adding a toggle to turn it off soon, and makes it much more smoother. I like a bumpy ride, so I'll be leaving it on.

As above, only seen it dip in Photo Mode when panning and moving the camera around very rarely.

..if this isn't a troll I don't know what is. Though I agree, it's quite a hard game. Do not equate 'patching' with 'fixing' though. A lot of the additions are new content, or improvements to things that weren't broken to begin with.

chrislowe

I think driveclub is the most fun I had with racing games for a long time.
I recently bought Need for speed Rivals, and was bored since it took what felt like forever to just drive the first race.
A racing-game should, you select your car, track and then race on the track against others in multiplayer.
Not collecting tokens for hours just to get that car, its no fun at all :/

Melchiah

You all make some fair points, but I see a few of you are comparing the full game to the PS+ Edition.

I wish I had more than 10 tour events to try, as I feel I didn't get enough experience to really get a chance to learn the mechanics. Feel like they really cheaped out and could have given us more after making us wait 2.5 years. They hyped the PS+ version so much but it feels no different than a demo.

I didn't mean to start a fanboy war. I apologize if it came off that way. I will go back and try some single events and maybe it will feel better once I get the hang of it.

Agreed. After all the time it took to get the PS+ edition out, you'd think they make it as good as possible for the newcomers, but unfortunately in its current form it might turn people away from the game. I may sound like a broken record, but they really should have included at least the beginning stages of the initial tour from the full version, because it's a much gentle starting point.

I really recommend to try out the single events with the settings that work for you. They're the ones I tend to play the most myself as well.

P.S. edit ...

I felt the same on the first race, didn't impress me at all. But gave it a chance and the India tracks and the other ones in the first tour all look Amazing!! Rain on India tracks is a sight to behold, also the dynamic clouds, you really feel on a storm!

joecanada

Please don't confuse me with the other guy who just came here to bash. You can look at my post history and see that I did not make a single negative post about DriveClub until I had a chance to get the PS+ version and play it for myself. I gave this game a fair shake, but it just didn't seem to click for me for whatever reason. That's nothing to get mad about.

I'll be honest. I play racing games for fun. I don't care about shaving off tenths of a second. Just because the weather effects are more realistic, and there is a lack of rewind does not mean it's better (IMO). I didn't mean to talk down to you if that's what you enjoy. Just sharing my opinion.

Realism is a tricky thing. It's not very realistic to control a car with sticks and triggers. Even if you have a badass steering wheel setup, and awesome graphics, it can never compare to the real thing. When I am racing in real life, I have so much more information. I get feedback from the steering, chassis, tires, g-forces etc.

I've driven Astons, BMWs, McLarens, Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mercedes, Vettes, Vipers, GTRs, etc. in real life. I've had training by professionals on tracks around the country in all sorts of weather conditions. My daily driver is a Porsche Cayman GTS. My brother has an Audi R8 V10 and one of my best friends has an Ariel Atom that they let me take out pretty much whenever. Trust me, I know cars and racing.

yeah just because you have driven real cars doesn't mean you need to love realistic car sims... if you like blowing around on tracks like need for speed or whatever that's cool... and you are right the feeling is a lot different, you arent responding to the same stimulus, in a game you are relying more on visual stimuli , like suddenly starting to drift, or rumble or whatever...
it's not ever going to be the same as driving a real car but a good sim like GT will make you a better driver, hell, reading the manual made me a better driver with detailed descriptions of weight transfer and cornering....
Driveclub isn't that demanding but it's fairly tough I guess and more importantly every racing game has its own handling just like any other genre, so not everyone will feel it.

look how many people hated on KZ2 and the "weighty controls" people instantly bashed it saying you felt like you were in mud, others loved it for its better realism and being less twitchy.

Gestault

DC can work well with an aggressive approach so long as you make sure your alignment is straight when you're gonna brake hard or give it some gas. It's sort of it's own beast with the way that feels, but you get a sense of it over time.

You are likely mistaking camera shake for judder.

I think it is well-done and adds to sense of speed, but apparently they're adding a toggle to turn it off soon, and makes it much more smoother. I like a bumpy ride, so I'll be leaving it on.

As above, only seen it dip in Photo Mode when panning and moving the camera around very rarely.

Nailed it thanks - such a strange choice to add to your game IMHO as it kills the fluid look it could have. I will keep an eye out for that option to see if it improves the look/feel in a future update.

Should of gone to specsavers. Smooth as butter for a 30fps game.

Haha nothing wrong with my visiin, I only asked if there was any chance the background download was possibly affecting it or not having the latest patch.

I guess I just don't like the look the developers have gone for on this game and the jaggies are plentiful to my eyes at least. FH2 looks and feels like silk in comparison and I say that as someone who doesn't even own an Xbox One anymore.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
"It's realism, bro".

But seriously, it is realistic. If I have experienced similar prohibitive views just commuting to and from work in heavy rain with my wipers at full speed, that is only going to be made worse driving at break-neck speeds in the faster cars in the game.

If you're in the chase cam, then note it is a camera - so the droplets on the lens is realistic too and is there to balance obscured view of the cockpit views as well.

The problem is that visibility in chase cam (or the hood cam, which is my preferred way to play) is WORSE than in cockpit view, because of no wipers. The water just stays put on the "lens", never even for a moment giving you a clear view of the road ahead. That makes it annoyingly difficult to see where you're going, and I do feel like it lessens my enjoyment of this game in bad weather conditions.

aerts1js

By now it's pretty common knowledge that Driveclub today is pretty different from Driveclub at launch. Also, there have been a few sites that re-reviewed the game in which it scored pretty high.

I can understand that some of the events in the Startline Tour can prove to be frustrating for newcomers, because it lacks the more gradual difficulty curve of the original tour, but why let these events be your only impression of the game, instead of going into single races where you can get a feel for the cars and tracks on your own terms? You can adjust difficulty and weather settings to your heart's content there, start out with the slower classes and see which cars suit you more.

When i bought the game i've done around 300 single events before i even properly touched the tour content, just because i was having so much fun learning the tracks and how the cars behave in different conditions. And i also got to the point where i hit a wall and got frustrated at how difficult the super and hyper cars seemed to handle, but i persevered, came to GAF for advice and came away a better driver.

And by the way, they did give you more, they added 5 more cars and the Startline Tour wasn't originally going to be a part of it. Granted, the difficulty might be off-putting to some, but on the positive side it lets you sample around a dozen tracks from every location in the game and a handful of cars that you would otherwise miss out on if the PS+ version included only India, as originally outlined.

lt519

Gave this a go this weekend, I forgot how much patience a driving game can take. I haven't played one since GT3 A-Spec and forgot everything. Not sure I'm going to get into it, struggled hard. Looks amazing and love the weather effects.

I felt the same on the first race, didn't impress me at all. But gave it a chance and the India tracks and the other ones in the first tour all look Amazing!! Rain on India tracks is a sight to behold, also the dynamic clouds, you really feel on a storm!

Cheers man - will have a good look around all it offers.

P.S. edit ...

Either the download is broken or your PS4 is broken.
Driveclub is extremely smooth for 30fps. It conveys a strong sense of speed and the image quality is good.
it should not look or feel juddery at all.
The dynamic lighting and host of other graphical features make it the best looking console driving game to date really.
For you to describe it the way you have means something, somewhere isn't working properly.

TraBuch

Banned
After a frustrating start to this game, I've gotten MUCH better over the last few days. Finally consistently finishing within the top three after nothing but misery for the first couple days.

With that said, don't think I'll be buying this. I don't think it'll hold my attention for much longer, racing games just aren't my thing.

desu

Gave this a go this weekend, I forgot how much patience a driving game can take. I haven't played one since GT3 A-Spec and forgot everything. Not sure I'm going to get into it, struggled hard. Looks amazing and love the weather effects.

Maybe try some custom time trial or race events without weather and other options to get a feeling for the game.

Genuinely not understanding the people having problems with difficulty.

I'm the guy that finishes last in every online event but has fun doing it, and I found that I was doing well in the SP career right off the bat.

What is it you're doing that's causing you to be beaten so badly? Or is it that you're finishing second or third and then complaining that the game is too hard? Second or third is fine, yo...

Synth

Just returned to this to go through the Startline Tour.

The game really could have used this sort of variety in the first place. It's a shame the main tour was so comparatively bland, and until recently weather was absent from any tour events without purchasing additional DLC.

Second or third is fine, yo...

No it isn't. Get that "did my best" shit outta here, lol.

EDIT: Dam Busters event was pretty easy tho. I'm not sure how it's being compared to Venom Hot Laps.

The problem is that visibility in chase cam (or the hood cam, which is my preferred way to play) is WORSE than in cockpit view, because of no wipers. The water just stays put on the "lens", never even for a moment giving you a clear view of the road ahead. That makes it annoyingly difficult to see where you're going, and I do feel like it lessens my enjoyment of this game in bad weather conditions.
The bonnet (hood) view has the same lens obscuration as chase and as I mentioned before, seasoned people have mentioned about cockpit view and rain and how even though they typically rock the cock view they think chase is less obscuring, because wipers are back-and-forth, the rain totally destroys your vision in between wipes, and if you take a bend all the standing water on the side of your window will totally do you over.

So you have mixed partial/no visibility for cockpit compared with 100% partial visibility for chase/bonnet.

And do remember here - it is chucking it down with rain, you're not meant to be seeing where you're going.

Besides, if you can't handle a couple of drops on the lens, then boy, you wait until events like this...
gF03P3N0m9ZC.gif

joecanada

The bonnet (hood) view has the same lens obscuration as chase and as I mentioned before, seasoned people have mentioned about cockpit view and rain and how even though they typically rock the cock view they think chase is less obscuring, because wipers are back-and-forth, the rain totally destroys your vision in between wipes, and if you take a bend all the standing water on the side of your window will totally do you over.

So you have mixed partial/no visibility for cockpit compared with 100% partial visibility for chase/bonnet.

And do remember here - it is chucking it down with rain, you're not meant to be seeing where you're going.

Besides, if you can't handle a couple of drops on the lens, then boy, you wait until events like this...
gF03P3N0m9ZC.gif

beautiful game, much love, but dem arms!! lol

Top Bottom