• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Xyber

Huh, I wonder if that's because of the extra GB of VRAM or if something else is going on that I'm not getting 60.

Game uses 1GB of RAM, so not really.

I have a pretty constant 60 at slightly less than 4K with some drops when stuff explodes in fights.

970 here too.

Mkilbride

Banned
Hmm, I have 2560 x 1440p, can't get it to work though, but that's my resolution...

I even tried using the ffxiiimg profile thingy like someone said, but it's a no go...

# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for ffxiiiimg

# This shit ain't done yet!
# Use at your own risk
## Seriously

# can't select res in-game so write it here
clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 2560x1440@60
#renderResolution 5120x2880@60

aaQuality 4
aaType smaa

injectPSHash 1329c9bf

pluginHandlesDownsampling true
forcePresentRes true

#presentInterval -1
#forceBorderlessFullscreen true

logLevel 0

It will stretch the image if you put in a 16:10 resolution

You can see the stretching on the minimap orb.

A lot of games will stretch the HUD but not the actual 3D graphics. If anyone takes comparison pics from when you load a save without touching the camera you could better tell if that is the case.

Red Comet

Game uses 1GB of RAM, so not really.

I have a pretty constant 60 at slightly less than 4K with some drops when stuff explodes in fights.

970 here too.

I'm not sure what's going on. I'll have to play around with it. I was forcing adaptive v-sync throught the NVIDIA control panel, but I turned that off before I downsampled. I've also got an SLI setup and a 120 hz monitor, so I don't know if either of those have something to do with it. I'll try turning off SLI.

Levyne

Banned
I'm not sure what's going on. I'll have to play around with it. I was forcing adaptive v-sync throught the NVIDIA control panel, but I turned that off before I downsampled. I've also got an SLI setup and a 120 hz monitor, so I don't know if either of those have something to do with it. I'll try turning off SLI.

Try just setting vertical sync and triple buffering to "on"

Zafir

Huh, I wonder if that's because of the extra GB of VRAM or if something else is going on that I'm not getting 60.
Hmm, how weird. I tried again in Lake Bresha, and I was getting drops to 30-40. The odder thing is, that's the exact same framerate I was getting when I was running at 5120x2880 before that...

It definitely isn't vram, at 4k it was using around 1500MB, and at 5120x2880 it was around 1900MB.

Xyber

I got 120Hz too, so that shouldn't be it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can a monkey work gedosato? because I dont think im even as smart as a monkey when it comes to computer stuff so im scared of using it :/

Levyne

Banned
The hair and eyelash glitch is likely to do with transparency AA. Because those are transparent textures.

Huh, I'm near positive I turned all that off but I will have to double check. Maybe I have some sort of conflict between inspector and control panel or something..

Zafir

Unfortunately that's not working either. Turning off SLI didn't do anything as well :/

Hmm, perhaps it's something in my GeDoSaTo settings. I'll have to take a look.

See what I said, I think it's the game. Some areas being iffy while others are fine regardless of resolution.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I finally caved in and got GeDoSaTo compiling a while ago and started looking into this. Still have to get a bit more familiar with your code base but it looks very clean, so well done!

I've redirected the scissorRect which was easy to do and it solved the menu issues. This seems to work fine on my end but there are a couple of other issues still apparent that I'll take a look at tomorrow or something as it's nearly 3AM here now.
To play with the menu fixes, download this dll and place it in your GeDoSaTo folder.

This is awesome dude, great to see you put a pull request in for it.

can a monkey work gedosato? because I dont think im even as smart as a monkey when it comes to computer stuff so im scared of using it :/

All of the instructions have descriptions above them

Red Comet

Oops! Sorry, I wasn't at 4k, I was at 7680x4320. I just tried proper 4k, which I guess is 3840 x 2160 and it runs at a constant 60. Sorry for the confusion.

LuuKyK

Me too.
I just downloaded it and I'm all like "uhhhhhhhhh"

Welcome to the club. I just gave up. No idea how this works. Doesn't help the fact that there is not a single comprehensive tutorial out there. I appreciate the fact that this exists but its not like we all have a degree in computer programming or something.

Anyway, its not like my pc could handle all these additions. :lol

I think I will just play the game as it is.

Red Comet

Haha I assumed 4k was the vertical resolution, since that is how 1080p is. It was running 8k at a solid 30 fps though, so I guess that's an option.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welcome to the club. I just gave up. No idea how this works. Doesn't help the fact that there is not a single comprehensive tutorial out there. I appreciate the fact that this exists but its not like we all have a degree in computer programming or something.

err I havent even tried it, now im extra worried / scared lol

Mohasus

You open the program and then you open FFXIII.

If you need to change the resolution, click on edit settings, find config\ffxiiiimg\gedosato.ini and change the resolution for the one you want (4k is the default).

Going back to using the Nivida control settings again. I had the image very clean to begin with already, but only at 720p. Keep up the good work guys. What fun day that I even forgot to adjust my fantasy football line-up and didn't start TY Hilton :(

Mkilbride

Banned
Yeah, it's not a complicated program guys. Start it, then start XIII. :p

But I myself am having issues as said above, so I guess I am not one to talk. :p

Works fine with Dark Sauce 2 though.

LuuKyK

You open the program and then you open FFXIII.
I'm sorry if you think a degree in computer programming or something is needed for this.

If you need to change the resolution, click on edit settings, find config\ffxiiiimg\gedosato.ini and change the resolution for the one you want (4k is the default).

But I myself am having issues as said above, so I guess I am not one to talk. :p

Thats exactly what I did, but it made the game look worse, like, all blurry and like it was loading textures... somehow. And run at like 5 FPS. I guess its just my shitty pc really.

Red Comet

I've never used it before either, but I've gotten it working now and it's a massive improvement for this game. My instructions would be:

1) Download and run the .exe file that is linked on the page linked in the first post

2) Once you've got the GeDoSaTo tool running, click "Edit Settings"

3)In the bottom right of the window that opens, there is a dropdown box for profile, click that and select config\ffxiiiimg\GeDoSaTo.ini

4) Beside where it says rederResolution in red, you can type in any custom resolution you choose. There is already a high resolution set by default.

5). Save and close that window.

6) Make sure GeDoSaTo is activated from the main window of the tool

7) At this point I was having trouble getting the game to run from the icon on my desktop after GeDoSaTo was activated, but if I run it from the .exe at the download location in my Steam folder it runs great

Hope that helps somebody

I know is not a tough program to work with, but full screen crashes the game for me, but not in window. You got it running in full?

Enthus

Same here, it will turn the screen black for a bit and then crash. 2560x1440 as well.

LuuKyK

I've never used it before either, but I've gotten it working now and it's a massive improvement for this game. My instructions would be:

1) Download and run the .exe file that is linked on the page linked in the first post

2) Once you've got the GeDoSaTo tool running, click "Edit Settings"

3)In the bottom right of the window that opens, there is a dropdown box for profile, click
that and select config\ffxiiiimg]GeDoSaTo.ini

4) Beside where it says rederResolution in red, you can type in any custom resolution you choose. There is already a high resolution set by default.

5). Save and close that dialog box.

6) Make sure GeDoSaTo is activated from the main window of the tool

7) At this point I was having trouble getting the game to run from the icon on my desktop after GeDoSaTo was activated, but if I run it from the .exe at the download location in my Steam folder it runs great

Hope that helps

Well, that seems way more helpful than anything I found searching the web, so thanks a lot. Will try it now.

Levyne

Banned
I might have to drop to 1800p or 1440p or such because it seems like as of now the 780 jussssst doesn't quite cut it for 4k in battle.

Mkilbride

Banned
Same here, it will turn the screen black for a bit and then crash. 2560x1440 as well.

On the second page, someone says to use the FFXIII profile, but that didn't work for me.

This is the Pre-alpha guys. Not even an Alpha. 2-3 days and I'm sure this will be smooth.

But I am glad to see 2 other people besides myself with the same issue - makes me feel not alone.

Will try the Windowed bit though.

Windowed mode works, however, oddly it downsamples my resolution to like 2048 x 1152. Not sure why. It doesn't do that in Dark Souls 2. Same settings. But again, pre-alpha. Windowed does let it run though.

Zafir

I couldn't get 2560x1440(my native res) looking nice either. Lists the downsampling twice on launch and just kind of blurry with aliasing in-game. Hence I've just been downsampling from higher resolutions. My card can handle it anyway.

SenkiDala

I finally caved in and got GeDoSaTo compiling a while ago and started looking into this. Still have to get a bit more familiar with your code base but it looks very clean, so well done!

I've redirected the scissorRect which was easy to do and it solved the menu issues. This seems to work fine on my end but there are a couple of other issues still apparent that I'll take a look at tomorrow or something as it's nearly 3AM here now.
To play with the menu fixes, download this dll and place it in your GeDoSaTo folder.

Very nice thanks!

Just need a fix for the map, and it will be perfect. :D

Levyne

Banned
Very nice thanks!

Just need a fix for the map, and it will be perfect. :D

Yep, the map and dof issues and I can't think of a lot more that I would consider essential, unless gedosato can get battle frames to behave better, but I think that's out of its realm...

Wow, I just impulse bought this without reading reviews and impressions. The only thing I wanted was for it to do 1080p 60fps and have enough options to get almost perfect image quality. I can't believe Square just dumped this without graphics options.

Huge thanks to Durante for hooking up this fix.

Levyne

Banned
Anyone know if the blank menus can be fixed by tinkering with GeDoSaTo's settings, or am I waiting for an update to the plugin?

Yep, this download has been working for most people.

So I messed around with the .ini for a bit, but it just looks screwed.

Here's where I stand currently:

ifuPvHfvTm9Ji.jpg

PVJ's ffxiiimg.ini said:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for ffxiiiimg

# This shit ain't done yet!

# Use at your own risk

## Seriously

# can't select res in-game so write it here

clearRenderResolutions

renderResolution 1920x1080@60

#renderResolution 1920x1080@60

aaQuality 2
aa
Type fxaa

injectPSHash 1329c9bf

# pluginHandlesDownsampling false
# forcePresentRes false

#presentInterval -1

#forceBorderlessFullscreen true

logLevel 0

Currently I just want 1920 x 1080. I'm sure I could do a bit better even on a Radeon 6870.
But I guess I screwed up somewhere because I get that image and the frame-rate is booty-buttcheeks (+/- 15 fps)

Mkilbride

Banned
I got 2560 x 1440 to work, but setting it as my resolution in the thing instead of 0(Present resolution), that literally fixed it.

No idea why!

But I see what everyone means about the stutter.

I am watching a battle, 57-59FPS...my GPU usage is 30-40%.

All of a sudden it shifts down to 40FPS for no reason, GPU usage still the same.

Also, some parts are super blurry. Must be that DoF thing he talked about?

Top Bottom