• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 | Nintendo Digital Event

Puppets?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pandy

This is exactly what screwed them with the Wii to WiiU transition.

The successor system isn't ready, but rather than go for a big blow out to show off the old systems potential and get the current owners hyped, they've just given up and moved on.

They need their Last of Us like games, stuff that can be 'remastered' to draw in new customers on NX, and keep the diehards happy and talking about it.

This just tells us they won't support their systems for the entirety of a generation. And that's a shitty message to send to people you want to give you money.
Fuck off with your one year old remaster, but your big blowout point still stands. I still believe Zelda WiiU will be that game, I don't see that moving to NX, but we'll see if there is much else to go with it.

Also, don't get too excited about the NX yet. The reveal is 2016, that doesn't yet mean we'll see the system release then.

Jintor

So was it disappointing because you legitimately thought everything was bad or was it disappointing because you had sky high expectations for everything you thought they'd show?

it was definitely a question of expectations, in that i expected them to show NEW THINGS and the new things they did show mostly were either leaked (Hyrule Warriors 3ds), known quantities (Yokai Watch English is new right?, FE:IF, FExSMT), decent-to-good maybe (Mario x Mario, Mario Tennis) or utter betrayals of everything we were hoping for (METROID PRIME: Federation Fuck U and Animal Crossing Utune Street)

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Months ago, when Nintendo said they'd only be talking about 2015 games, a lot of people called them out and smelt something fishy but were shut down by a lot of Nintendo fans. Now look.

It's clear as day Wii U is on the way out and that Zelda will be an NX game. Your flagship console gets zero new game reveals outside of Mario Tennis and Mario party with an Animal Crossing skin? Best believe NX will launch in 2016 with Zelda Next.

Nintendo knows its futile supporting this system much more anymore, especially when there aren't that many owners who'd be upset by it.

Unless the NX is going to keep up with the Joneses, it's DOA. It'll be another Wii U all over again.

small44

Damn, defensive much. It's still has a very good Japanese support.

Feeling bad about my wii u purchase now after last years e3 convinced me:/

I'm a Sony fan all my console are Playstation but Vita is the worst console/hanheld i ever seen even jpanese support is awful 99% of games are late port and niche games

213372bu

Banned
I think that is. You must not have seen other conferences if this is a 1/10. Super Mario Maker and Xenoblade X was enough to bring the score up to 3/10 IMO

I can't feel anything for Xenoblade X if even fellow GAFfers are saying it is more boring adn dragged out than the original, which I abandoned due to getting bored.

6+ hours for mech too.

Super Mario Maker I'm only partially interested in because it looked good during NWC, which was actually fun to look at.
I mean we got to find out Egoraptor is good at videogames.

Shauni

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, especially since the Punch-Out tease didn't pan out, but a new Zelda for 3DS, a new Mario/Paper Mario game, and a date for Xenoblade made this not a total failure to me, I wonder about Fatal Frame and Devil's Third, though. No mention of either and no dates, hope they come later.

CronoShot

We said we wanted a new Metroid.

We said we wanted a new Zelda.

We said we wanted a new Animal Crossing.

We said we wanted a new Paper Mario.

Welp, they gave them to us.

Why Nintendo, why?

-Horizon-

I wanted to play Smash Bros with my buddies. Like I said above, I'm glad there are good games out for it now, but not being able to look forward to many new games sucks. Especially when you just bought a brand new console.
I think you should've had a clear idea of the general outlook of the console a long while ago lol :T

?oe?oe

pPtqJE5.gif
I knew this sort of thing would happen with this bit haha.

SykoTech

Being a Wii U owner and a person that doesn't care about Amiibos, I guess I'm the last person on Earth that Nintendo cares about right now. At least that's how the conference made it seem. And the Metroid fan inside of me is in a fetal position (still better off than F-Zero fans though).

But they had puppets! That was amusing. And Paper Jam looks nice. Not on Wii U though....of course.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
We can safely conclude that the Wii U is dead, even for Nintendo.

Love the gaming communities reaction. "Fuck that shit you're releasing this year Nintendo. Give us big announcements even if they're not coming until late 2016-2017 because I'd rather be hyped for those then play these games you're releasing this year". Amazing how no one cares about xenoblade chronicles x, yoshi yarn story, mario maker and star fox because "we alkready know about those".

.Anema

Really Nintendo? REALLY?! WTF! A Metroid minigame? Animal Crossing minigames? Star Fox looks like any downloadable game.
WTF, I really want to punch Nintendo in the face, argh.

greenteaa

Neo Member
tumblr_mt4voavI5G1sh56fno1_500.gif

My soul.. it hurts.

Have a feeling they may have moved everything onto whatever the NX/Next console, and were left to fill in the gaps with spinoffs.

Wow you guys are making me feel guilty for being satisfied.

Starfox, Zelda, fire emblem, Mario maker, yoshi, Mario rpg, xenoblade.

Did we watch the same conference...?

Other than Mario & Luigi x Paper Mario, all of those were things we knew about. I'm super stoked for all of those but I'm still disappointed. I was really hoping for release dates, new games and not thinking they're killing off the Wii U.

Josh5890

Im in the minority it see,s but I'm excited for the Wii-U this fall. We still have Xenoblade, Star Fox, Yoshi, Super Mariom Maker, Devil'ls Third, and Mario Tennis. That is six games. I'm stoked. As for 3DS I'm not too excited about this year's games but 2016 is starting to look like 2013 all over again for the 3DS.

Gnilres

Microsoft: C+

EA: C-

Ubisoft: B

Sony: A+

Nintendo: D-

The worst EA did was bore me. And Battlefront and Mirror's Edge surpassed my expectations. Nintendo fucking took each game request I had and butchered it. The only things that were good were already known of for awhile now. And after people's impressions of XCX I might just pass on it.

But seriously NIntendo, fuck you for those Metroid and Animal Crossing games. Yes I asked for Metroid and AC games but a 4 player 3DS shooter and amiibo party game are certainly not those. Star Fox looks underwhelming but not bad. I asked for Paper Mario not another Mario and Luigi.

God dammit Nintendo

You have encompassed my thoughts as well. You got it on the nose.

In for StarFox, Super Mario Maker, and the two 3DS Zelda games.

I need a consensus on YWW, and that Paper Mario/M&L is pure caution because of how garbage Sticker Star is and the terrible pacing of Dream Team.

Metroid and Animal Crossing trolls were delicious.

Sad time to be a Nintendo fan, seems like they are doing everything they can to alienate people who grew up with their consoles. I think it is good to make games that appeal to new young audiences, but not at the cost of losing people who have been long term fans.

SSJLuffy

It wasn't very good but it wasn't that bad. That's all I'm saying. It was pretty disappointing but I'm interested in some of the things they showed. Plus Star Fox is looking gooood.

I'm not sure they'll even bother with a Wii U release, leaving the console without a main Zelda game. What a mess.

Fuck that shit seriously. I don't want to have to buy a new Nintendo console just to play the new Zelda that was supposed to be on Wii U. I might get an NX, but I always wait 1 to 2 years into a system's life cycle before I decide to get it.

Hell make it cross gen, I know some people hate that, but I wouldn't mind a bit if they did that, besides even if Nintendo did move Zelda exclusively to the NX, its not like they can afford to keep a title like that on the back burner and improve the visuals massively.

Paper Jam aside, a disappointing but wholly unsurprising showing given that both their current platforms are in various EOL stages and that they aren't ready to announce the successors. Next year will be much better, no doubt.

JoeInky

Wow you guys are making me feel guilty for being satisfied.

Starfox, Zelda, fire emblem, Mario maker, yoshi, Mario rpg, xenoblade.

Did we watch the same conference...?

Starfox is good.

Zelda is a throwaway spin off that I won't bother with.

Waifu Emblem is pure shit and FExSMT even more so.

Mario Maker is good but they spent way too much time on it.

Wooly World releases really soon and there was nothing new about it for how long they spent on it.

Mario RPG, eh, I can take it or leave it.

Again Xenoblade is something we've heard about a shitton of times.

Mandelbo

Also that montage of mario games at the end was BEGGING to have a surprise reveal of a new game after NSMBU got shown. But then it ended on that...

Josh5890

I don't understand how everyone thinks this conference is worse than the Vitality Sensor and the failure of the Wii Music reveal

Arkain

I find it odd that most of their directs between last year's and this year's E3 were way more impressive than this showing. They dropped the ball on this one.

Top Bottom