• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Replay for PSP - (Road Rash 1-3, Desert Strike, Wing Commander + more)

ram

please.....no snes/genesis versions form wing commander and ultima - i want the pc games!!!

ugh, even with the stupid snes ultima VII, there are good games on it too - road rash, and the strike series. `guess, its a instant buiy anyway.. :lol

Mejilan said:
But I WANT portable U7... :/

exre.jpg

Exult has been ported to the GP2X and works great. I'm surprised that there's no PSP port.

stewy

ram said:
please.....no snes/genesis versions form wing commander and ultima - i want the pc games!!!

ugh, even with the stupid snes ultima VII, there are good games on it too - road rash, and the strike series. `guess, its a instant buiy anyway.. :lol

Thinking about this logically, are they really going to put in the time to emulate the PC versions of these games and make them work with the PSP control setup when there are ready-made ports that will have no problem working with the limited amount of buttons.

Yeah, so Ultima VII might be ganked...I think people are overreacting to the Wing Commander stuff. As console ports go, the WC games on SNES were very respectable.

All that said, they should have added The Immortal to this collection, too.

Fusebox

Banned
Mashing said:
Not to troll or anything but I wonder if the DS could handle the PC versions better?

Only if they went to the effort of creating a use for the touch-screen otherwise I reckon the PSP would be better for the bigger screen.

Farmboy

stewy said:
Thinking about this logically, are they really going to put in the time to emulate the PC versions of these games and make them work with the PSP control setup when there are ready-made ports that will have no problem working with the limited amount of buttons.

Exactly. It's also telling that the only "PC games" on the list are ones that have been ported to console. The only logical conclusion is these are all console ports.

stewy said:
Yeah, so Ultima VII might be ganked...I think people are overreacting to the Wing Commander stuff. As console ports go, the WC games on SNES were very respectable.

I agree, they were. Same goes for Syndicate, although it didn't come close to matching the PC version (the Wing Commander ports are close, although they haven't really aged well). The Ultima VII port was a pretty sorry effort though.

Javaman

They really should have added Buck Rodgers:Countdown to Doomsday. It's one of my favorite Genesis games having been based on the D&D gold box engine.

Oni Jazar

Seriously the Black Gate on SNES was an abomination and including that game in this collection is like a slap in the face.

Oh and the PC version of U7 didn't use the keyboard at all (except for naming your save games).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156902.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6156902

Today Electronic Arts confirmed the game's existence for GameSpot, and corrected a couple of bits the retailer got wrong. In a semi-literal case of "a day late and a dollar short," it turns out Replay will actually ship about a month later than anticipated, November 7 to be precise, and with a more pleasing price point of $19.99.

Under production at EA Canada, Replay will also include features not found in the original games. To better suit some of these titles to gaming on-the-go, EA is including the ability to save any of these games at any point. Three games, Budokan, Mutant League Football, and Road Rash II, will also feature local wireless head-to-head play, and players will be able to unlock and collect virtual trading cards featuring retro game art.

The 14 games included in the collection are listed below. The versions included in EA Replay will all be taken from the Super Nintendo or Genesis editions of the original titles.

B.O.B.
Budokan
Desert Strike
Jungle Strike
Haunting starring Polterguy
Mutant League Football
Road Rash
Road Rash II
Road Rash III
Syndicate
Ultima: The Black Gate
Virtual Pinball
Wing Commander
Wing Commander: Secret Missions

935348_20060831_screen001.jpg

935348_20060831_screen002.jpg

935348_20060831_screen003.jpg

935348_20060831_screen004.jpg

935348_20060831_screen005.jpg

935348_20060831_screen006.jpg

935348_20060831_screen007.jpg

935348_20060831_screen008.jpg

935348_20060831_screen009.jpg

935348_20060831_screen010.jpg

935348_20060831_screen011.jpg

935348_20060831_screen012.jpg

935348_20060831_screen013.jpg

935348_20060831_screen014.jpg

even though i own the genesis version still i'm buying this game mostly for haunting, god i love that game. my favorite scare was either the tv guy coming out of the tv or the flying chainsaw.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
omg rite said:
wtf are you taking about? how is this a waste?

Too many are the shitty console versions of otherwise great games, and as for the rest, hell, all of them, they're already playable on a PSP. For free.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Mejilan said:
Too many are the shitty console versions of otherwise great games, and as for the rest, hell, all of them, they're already playable on a PSP. For free.

good logic. compilation games are a waste because you can illegally download roms to your PSP.

Az987

all good things
Needs more mutant league hockey but other than that, Score! Add 1 to my games that might make me buy a PSP

Agent X

I noticed this package is available now. Has anyone here tried it yet? I hope they have the option to play the games at their original resolution and aspect ratio.

It seems that Electronic Arts will release next year EA REPLAY 2. The games which will be included are still not announced.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Robinspain said:
It seems that Electronic Arts will release next year EA REPLAY 2. The games which will be included are still not announced.

And it'll be priced $10 dollars higher at $29.99!! Way to go EA! :/

quetz67

Banned
EA, give me some good PC versions next time instead of this crap I can play since the first SNES emu on PSP

...but I cant understand milking some old franchises with a few man-weeks for writing your own SNES emu is more profitable

some suggestions: System Shock (PC), Ultima (PC), Privateer (PC), Crusader: No Remorse (PC), Bards Tale (Amiga), Popolous (PC), Dungeon Keeper (PC), Nox (PC), Black Crypt (Amiga)

Kuran

Banned
painey said:
road rash and syndicate... the amiga lives!

Except that these are the Megadrive versions... which are ok! But the Amiga version of Desert Strike has the edge sound-wise, and a killer title theme.

And disk swapping.

Meier

God I loved Syndicate back in the day. The Strike series reminds me of my buddy Josh's house.. he had the cutest older sister, so I'd always be happy to go over there and play his copy since the system was right by her room. :lol

Cheeto

Is Mutant League Football as good as I remember it...or was that just because I was 13 when I thought it was the coolest game ever?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Kuran said:
Except that these are the Megadrive versions... which are ok! But the Amiga version of Desert Strike has the edge sound-wise, and a killer title theme.

And disk swapping.

yeah, Amiga versions would have been nice for Strike and syndicate. didn't they even do an AGA enhanced version of one of the strike games?

Space Hulk would have been good too. Loved that game - bit like the Aliens board game but in videogame form.

jgkspsx

According to Gamespy, they changed the RR 1-3 soundtracks. Didn't the Gen and SNES versions have different soundtracks, though? IIRC the Gen versions were better, but I don't remember why.

jgkspsx

Mr_Furious said:
AFAIK, the Road Rash series never came out on the SNES.
That might be the reason the Gen versions were better, now that you mention it :lol

I want to buy this, but I don't want to get stuck with ganky emulation. I find it hard to believe that EA programmed good Genesis AND SNES emulators, and I want confirmation from someone trustworthy. $20 can buy a lot, after all.

Top Bottom