• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

a maybe(?) fun idea for a pre-E3 group stream - just various Allies bringing in their favorite/worst/most infamous E3 press conference moments and watching those together as a group.

That E3 Huber Syndrome did the damn job in getting me hyped for E3.
I'd love to watch something like that. Alternative angle I think would also be fun: before each E3, looking back at the previous 1 or 2 E3s and talking/reminiscing about how those things panned out. After watching this Huber Syndrome, I already actually went back and watched some of the Huber Syndromes from last E3 just to stay in the mood.

Auctopus

This is the first Fiasconauts that I am not feeling :(

Most likely because I lost track of the plot like with every supernatural fiasco.

I remember having to restart the Superheroes one multiple times as I had not even a basic idea of what was happening or where anyone was.

Bahorel

Hey guys , here with the allies now and they said they will not be recording audio of this conference. Kyle says blame Damiani. I'll report what I can.

Mista Koo

I hope that we get a Guilty Gear group stream now that Rev 2 is out.

I remember having to restart the Superheroes one multiple times as I had not even a basic idea of what was happening or where anyone was.
Yeah I might do that sometime. Also it didn't help that I didn't have headphones on and was playing a game.

Budi

This is the first Fiasconauts that I am not feeling :(

Most likely because I lost track of the plot like with every supernatural fiasco.

Hmm, I really don't follow the stories that much when watching Fiasconauts. Since they aren't honestly very good =D I watch Fiasconauts for the moments, since the group and their guests can be and have been hilarious. Cohesive, clever, emotional or interesting story isn't their forte when doing Fiasconauts imo. It usually delves into chaos. And I'm fine with that, I don't expect anything more than laughs.

D&D I watch for the story too! Keep it up Ben.

Hasney

Next hall of greats needs a podium

NR4p6a7.gif

This technically works on 2 levels

demu

Hey guys , here with the allies now and they said they will not be recording audio of this conference. Kyle says blame Damiani. I'll report what I can.
That is really, really disappointing. I was so looking forward to this. :(
Kinda ruins my day tbh.

Cindro

I've just discovered Don. My eyes have been opened to the light X_X

What's this dude's story? Where did he come from?! I certainly don't remember him being a part of GameTrailers.

And what are the top five Don-centric EA videos??

Hasney

I've just discovered Don. My eyes have been opened to the light X_X

What's this dude's story? Where did he come from?! I certainly don't remember him being a part of GameTrailers.

And what are the top five Don-centric EA videos??

He was in Gametrailers, he just didn't dig being in front of the camera and talking about games. I'm glad that changes, we're all better for it.

All of Don's Discount Gaming is top tier. Don's Design Lab on GT was great too.

He was in Gametrailers, he just didn't dig being in front of the camera and talking about games. I'm glad that changes, we're all better for it.

All of Don's Discount Gaming is top tier. Don's Design Lab on GT was great too.

Yeah Don was an editor at GT for ages, can't even remember when he started.

Cindro

I'll definitely check out DDD then!

I'm really growing to love the EA cast. And as a lifelong Nintendo fan, I'm especially digging Friend Code. Blood/Damiani/Bosman is the perfect mix of personalities for that one, and Damiani does a phenomenal job as host (likewise with Zelda Talk!)

I'm thrilled the dudes hit $45k. I just checked the next stretch goal - a new studio! That would be awesome, but it got me thinking - whose house do they currently stream out of? It's gotta be exhausting hosting eight people to chill in your pad on a near-daily basis!

Hasney

I'll definitely check out DDD then!

I'm really growing to love the EA cast. And as a lifelong Nintendo fan, I'm especially digging Friend Code. Blood/Damiani/Bosman is the perfect mix of personalities for that one, and Damiani does a phenomenal job as host (likewise with Zelda Talk!)

I'm thrilled the dudes hit $45k. I just checked the next stretch goal - a new studio! That would be awesome, but it got me thinking - whose house do they currently stream out of? It's gotta be exhausting hosting eight people to chill in your pad on a near-daily basis!

Brandons house, but it's like a converted garage so it's separate from the main house at least!

demu

From the patreon post three weeks ago:
For those of you who will be unable to attend, we will try to film/record the panel to put up afterwards, even if it just ends up being the audio in the worst case scenario.
heh

It's just disappointing because FF7R is my most anticipated game and hearing the Allies talk about it at great length would've been incredible.

But yeah, I have to get over it, I guess.

Visceir

No recordings of the panel? That's a bummer...one would think they'd have backup recording devices ready...hell, even a modern day cell phone would prob do an alright job in a pinch, would have still been better than nothing.

No recordings of the panel? That's a bummer...one would think they'd have backup recording devices ready...hell, even a modern day cell phone would prob do an alright job in a pinch, would have still been better than nothing.

Shadowmarrba recorded and gave the video to Damiani. He'll probably check it out to see if it's postable after he gets back.

ArjanN

I would love nothing more than the chance to sit on that couch and tell Huber my dream E3 announcement and watch his expressions.

Heh, yeah.

HonesIy couldn't help but chuckle at how none of the allies dream games are going to happen.

DMC x Bayonetta would be neat, but I'd rather have DMC5 and Bayonetta 3 seperately given how there's almost no games in this genre anyway.

ShadyK54

Heh, yeah.

HonesIy couldn't help but chuckle at how none of the allies dream games are going to happen.

DMC x Bayonetta would be neat, but I'd rather have DMC5 and Bayonetta 3 seperately given how there's almost no games in this genre anyway.

In a reality where I still can't believe that, 2 years later, the Year of Dreams actually happened, I think anything is possible lol.

I think the most realistic out of the Allies' dreams are Ian's & Blood's lol.

ArjanN

In a reality where I still can't believe that, 2 years later, the Year of Dreams actually happened, I think anything is possible lol.

I think the most realistic out of the Allies' dreams are Ian's & Blood's lol.

Heh yeah, Bloodborne 2 isn't impossible but From is likely working on other stuff now. Mother 3 is probably the most realistic, even though it would be a decade late, and pretty much everyone who cared probably already played the excellent fan translation.

Ray Down

Banned
Heh, yeah.

The most likely one is Tenchu returning or Bloodborne 2.

I also assume that other major title may be Monster Hunter XX Switch.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished watching the newest EZA podcast and amazingly, during the predictions for Microsoft's press conference, they all acted as if Death Stranding was going to be on Xbox One/Scorpio. LOL. Considering Sony is footing the entire bill, own the IP and that Kojima has a multi-game console exclusive contract with Sony, I don't know how Kyle got this wrong and that no one else corrected him.

Also, I strongly disagree with Ian and Brandon regarding their opinion/interest in Horizon/Days Gone/God of War and State of Decay 2 respectively. Horizon is fucking awesome and easily game of the year thus far. The other three will be great at the very least and the original State of Decay Xbox 360 game was damn good and the sequel should blow it away.

Ben, Xenoblade tip:

WRT the fight you are at, (maybe spoilers for people who haven't played Xenoblade, who knows, just to be safe)
I think you want Melia + Sharla for sure. You'll also want to spam the d-pad party commands to keep your people out of the poisonous death area.

PS: You think you care about Dunban's defense but you really shouldn't, just raise his agility to the point where he can't get hit. Make sure you aren't leaving agility on the table with your skill links ...

Budi

Ben, Xenoblade tip:

WRT the fight you are at, (maybe spoilers for people who haven't played Xenoblade, who knows, just to be safe)
I think you want Melia + Sharla for sure. You'll also want to spam the d-pad party commands to keep your people out of the poisonous death area.

PS: You think you care about Dunban's defense but you really shouldn't, just raise his agility to the point where he can't get hit. Make sure you aren't leaving agility on the table with your skill links ...

Backseat gaming! =)

Ben, Xenoblade tip:

Thanks!!!

Thanks to the fun game Monday poll I'm finally popping Megaman Legends off the backlog and playing it for the first time. Like Kyle I have a warm spot for the old PSX/N64 look and feel of 3D graphics. There's a charm to it as devs are still figuring out this whole 3D thing. Gameplay is rough, namely controls without dual analogs but it's real charming. And I can see the elements of why Kyle would love the game.

I'm thinking of moving my game to vita where I can remap the controls and get a fake second analog stick. But for now I'm sticking with the PS3 system.

Bahorel

Hey guys, I'm back finally. Since Bloodworth said the video might be uploaded I won't type up my notes on the talk itself, so hopefully you will get to see it soon, but it was a really fun time. I got to meet each Ally after and got a little talking time. Everyone is taller than I thought they would be, haha. I spoke the most with Kyle and Ben, and they were so nice and easy to talk to. I loved how Kyle was incredibly enthusiastic, he seems so eager to hear what you have to say. Great fun. Here's some photos:

The panel, I was in the front row
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo1_540.jpg

Here are the photos I took with them, with me removed (kyle is so damn photogenic)
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo2_1280.jpg

and lastly I doodled their faces on my notes and I got them to sign the doodles
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo3_1280.jpg

okay that's it for now i guess!

Dmax3901

Hey guys, I'm back finally. Since Bloodworth said the video might be uploaded I won't type up my notes on the talk itself, so hopefully you will get to see it soon, but it was a really fun time. I got to meet each Ally after and got a little talking time. Everyone is taller than I thought they would be, haha. I spoke the most with Kyle and Ben, and they were so nice and easy to talk to. I loved how Kyle was incredibly enthusiastic, he seems so eager to hear what you have to say. Great fun. Here's some photos:

The panel, I was in the front row
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo1_540.jpg

Here are the photos I took with them, with me removed (kyle is so damn photogenic)
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo2_1280.jpg

and lastly I doodled their faces on my notes and I got them to sign the doodles
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo3_1280.jpg

okay that's it for now i guess!

They all look damn slick in those photos, nice work. I like your drawing too!

Shadowmarrba recorded and gave the video to Damiani. He'll probably check it out to see if it's postable after he gets back.

This is ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like you guys are the McLaren-Honda of Patreons, with all the technical difficulties you're not supposed to have anymore, past the couple of first months.

Philippo

Kyle rocking that HxH shirt, fist bump.

I wonder if he reads the manga too, he should join us in the celebrations about the return!

Karu

Kyle rocking that HxH shirt, fist bump.

I wonder if he reads the manga too, he should join us in the celebrations about the return!
In the 2000s there was a shonen jump-like (or at least I think so haha) magazine in Germany called Banzai! which had Hunter X Hunter chapters in them, also seemed rather cool, but DBZ and Naruto e.g. ruled basically every thing.

Any way, could you help me out and tell me what's the best version in terms of Manga and Anime - any easy, accessible and hopefully affordable sources for either one?

jett

D-Member
In the 2000s there was a shonen jump-like (or at least I think so haha) magazine in Germany called Banzai! which had Hunter X Hunter chapters in them, also seemed rather cool, but DBZ and Naruto e.g. ruled basically every thing.

Any way, could you help me out and tell me what's the best version in terms of Manga and Anime - any easy, accessible and hopefully affordable sources for either one?

The 2011 anime (best one) of Hunter x Hunter is on Netflix. I'm not sure it's complete, but you can worry about that if you end up liking it. :p

edit: The complete show in on Crunchy Roll.

Auctopus

The 2011 anime (best one) of Hunter x Hunter is on Netflix. I'm not sure it's complete, but you can worry about that if you end up liking it. :p

edit: The complete show in on Crunchy Roll.

I watched it for the first time on Netflix then finished on CR. Netflix is missing the last 30 episodes or so for some reason.

Be prepared Karu, it's one of the best Shonen animes and the point at which the anime ends, it concludes one Arc brilliantly whilst also teasing a wider world that we'll probably never see.

Karu

Thanks guys!

Of course I have neither access to US Netflix nor Crunchyroll and especially the latter one is an absolute joke here - I have no idea why they even bother in the first place - but I will find a way. Netflix fucked me in regards to VPNs, maybe Crunchyroll didn't. Will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom