• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Currently playing the Everybody's Golf Beta and it's one of the jolliest games I've played in a while. Especially as online, everybody's just running around the same course together doing crazy animations.

arkon

Having picked up a Switch recently and tested out ARMs just now with the global testpunch, I'm looking forward to an Allies group stream with it even more. Should be fun.

Philippo

In the 2000s there was a shonen jump-like (or at least I think so haha) magazine in Germany called Banzai! which had Hunter X Hunter chapters in them, also seemed rather cool, but DBZ and Naruto e.g. ruled basically every thing.

Any way, could you help me out and tell me what's the best version in terms of Manga and Anime - any easy, accessible and hopefully affordable sources for either one?

Just watch all of the 2011 anime, top tier stuff.
Then continue with the manga from where the anime stops, but only do so if you're okay with YEARS of hiatuses right when things get good. If you can't handle it then don't bother, finish the anime and consider that its canon ending (which works well for that).

brawly

If that's the case then NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo! It's just not the same without Huber and Bosman screaming in each other's faces.

Yep :(

I like that they get the others more involved (The Nintendo Switch Presentation betting special was amazing), but E3 bets to me is Bosman and Huber in their silly green hats.

Thanks guys!

Of course I have neither access to US Netflix nor Crunchyroll and especially the latter one is an absolute joke here - I have no idea why they even bother in the first place - but I will find a way. Netflix fucked me in regards to VPNs, maybe Crunchyroll didn't. Will look into it.

Get a two-week trial to CR and marathon that shit. Truly one of the greats (in the Shounen genre).

Hey guys, I'm back finally. Since Bloodworth said the video might be uploaded I won't type up my notes on the talk itself, so hopefully you will get to see it soon, but it was a really fun time. I got to meet each Ally after and got a little talking time. Everyone is taller than I thought they would be, haha. I spoke the most with Kyle and Ben, and they were so nice and easy to talk to. I loved how Kyle was incredibly enthusiastic, he seems so eager to hear what you have to say. Great fun. Here's some photos:

The panel, I was in the front row
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo1_540.jpg

Here are the photos I took with them, with me removed (kyle is so damn photogenic)
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo2_1280.jpg

and lastly I doodled their faces on my notes and I got them to sign the doodles
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo3_1280.jpg

okay that's it for now i guess!

What is this panel all about? Really nice pics.

Hey guys, I'm back finally. Since Bloodworth said the video might be uploaded I won't type up my notes on the talk itself, so hopefully you will get to see it soon, but it was a really fun time. I got to meet each Ally after and got a little talking time. Everyone is taller than I thought they would be, haha. I spoke the most with Kyle and Ben, and they were so nice and easy to talk to. I loved how Kyle was incredibly enthusiastic, he seems so eager to hear what you have to say. Great fun. Here's some photos:

The panel, I was in the front row
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo1_540.jpg

Here are the photos I took with them, with me removed (kyle is so damn photogenic)
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo2_1280.jpg

and lastly I doodled their faces on my notes and I got them to sign the doodles
tumblr_oqndq7krbs1sy5phfo3_1280.jpg

okay that's it for now i guess!

Cool sketches. I would kinda lose my shit if I got the chance to meet Kyle, would probably freak him out.

Bahorel

What is this panel all about? Really nice pics.

Thanks guys! It was called FF7R Hopes and Fears and Damiani was the moderator, it's basically him posing a possible concern of different aspects about the game and then the allies would respond to the issue if that concerned them or not.

There was going to be a video element that they decided to abandon when the projector was acting funny, but according to an ally sitting next to me the video element was streamed on twitch the day before (I think it was just the 2015 reveal reactions mixed with all clips of the game so far though I haven't seen it)

There was an ally there who was a professional photographer, he had a tripod and he may be the one who filmed the talk? Hopefully there's news on that soon.

Mista Koo

I don't see how "convince people" in Kingdom Battle slides required mocking. It's not the best wording, possibly due to them not being native speakers, but most new games or takes have to do that in one way or another.

Ben not playing TTYD is a crime against JRPGs!

Fou-Lu

I don't see how "convince people" in Kingdom Battle slides required mocking. It's not the best wording, possibly due to them not being native speakers, but most new games or takes have to do that in one way or another.

Ben not playing TTYD is a crime against JRPGs!

He plans to do a full TTYD playthrough eventually I believe. Some of us in one of the Xenoblade streams were trying to convince him to make it a group playthrough.

Hasney

The poll for group stream is up and a bunch of people are assuming they have enough VR headsets to go into Start Trek all at once. I wish!

Pooh party for me.

Bahorel

With a podcast on too? =P

I play soulsborne games with podcasts on, but I still keep the game sound on too, just low enough that I can still hear both things going on. It's good to have podcasts on if you're grinding or going though the same area for the umpteenth time, it helps it feel less stressful or repetitive.

dickroach

re: the podcast bet
Street Fighter's went up from #34 on Amazon on Tuesday to #23 now, so it was trending up... but now apparently its backordered; says "Usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks." wtf supply chain. stop messing with the bets

Hasney

re: the podcast bet
Street Fighter's went up from #34 on Amazon on Tuesday to #23 now, so it was trending up... but now apparently its backordered; says "Usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks." wtf supply chain. stop messing with the bets

... I'm more amazed that it might be outselling Capcoms expectations at that price.

dickroach

... I'm more amazed that it might be outselling Capcoms expectations at that price.

6th best selling game on Amazon US right now. (most of the top stuff is all gift cards and whatever)
ARMS, MK8, and BOTW are in the top 5.
people are thirsty for Switch games.

Hasney

6th best selling game on Amazon US right now. (most of the top stuff is all gift cards and whatever)
ARMS, MK8, and BOTW are in the top 5.
people are thirsty for Switch games.
Good god.

Meanwhile, UK is still Sonyland and dislikes most Japanese things. Crash Bandicoot is number 1 and USF2 is 42.

Budi

I play soulsborne games with podcasts on, but I still keep the game sound on too, just low enough that I can still hear both things going on. It's good to have podcasts on if you're grinding or going though the same area for the umpteenth time, it helps it feel less stressful or repetitive.

I'd love to have some podcast games too, but I usually get way too focused into the game that I really don't follow the discussion. Hearthstone is good for this since I can alt+tab on enemy turn and watch video of it too, so it has my attention better. Maybe if I still played Wow, but turning my brain off completely for grinding isn't something I enjoy anymore. Not sure if I ever did, but it was just mandatory for the end game content. And often in Wow, I was in voice com with friends anyway.

Dmax3901

I remember the Allies being distressed that Kyle turned off battle animations in Fire Emblem but I'm doing exactly that with Shadows of Valentia so I can relate to his weird quirks.

I'd love to have some podcast games too, but I usually get way too focused into the game that I really don't follow the discussion. Hearthstone is good for this since I can alt+tab on enemy turn and watch video of it too, so it has my attention better. Maybe if I still played Wow, but turning my brain off completely for grinding isn't something I enjoy anymore. Not sure if I ever did, but it was just mandatory for the end game content. And often in Wow, I was in voice com with friends anyway.

I like podcast games where you can automate a bit. My two current ones are Crusader Kings 2 (especially since it had a speed and pause feature) and Put Puyo Tetris. I almost never miss the discussion when playing these two particular games.

HeavenlyE

Rocket League is perfect for me

Budi

Hmm I do have Crusader Kings 2 sitting in my library. But it's very intimidating game to start. Maybe I should install Civ V again. The problem with that though, I run out of podcasts before I stop playing. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom