• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need more advertisting money. lol
They should really make Youtube ads that in the first 5 seconds has:

A title card that says "Who are the Easy Allies?" narrated by Brandon Jones

Then cut to Kyle Bosman talking, perhaps even saying "former Gametrailers" if it isn't too sketch to use for promotion

That should at least grab the "sounds like GT guy" and "Hey it's Kyle Bosman" people before clicking to skip or whatever

Karu

Some small info regarding Dear Bosman from Blood on Twitch chat...

Moderator dbloodworth2 : he got a break basically
Moderator dbloodworth2 : his job is behind the scenes, but he got a chance to do a test shoot
Moderator dbloodworth2 : made the cut for ep 1
dbloodworth2 : likewise, I don't expect it to be "Dear Bosman" every time, and I wouldn't expect him to have a segment each week

BBboy20

Some small info regarding Dear Bosman from Blood on Twitch chat...

Moderator dbloodworth2 : he got a break basically
Moderator dbloodworth2 : his job is behind the scenes, but he got a chance to do a test shoot
Moderator dbloodworth2 : made the cut for ep 1
dbloodworth2 : likewise, I don't expect it to be "Dear Bosman" every time, and I wouldn't expect him to have a segment each week
10:45 dbloodworth2:man I feel weird when you guys copy/paste from here, don't know why
10:46 V8Dave: from chat?
10:46 dbloodworth2: yeah
10:46 V8Dave: haha people save convos?
10:46 dbloodworth2: it's like talking to someone over lunch, then seeing it in the paper
10:47 V8Dave: haha. The fans will track everything you do. Can't stop it.
10:47 dbloodworth2: like, whoops, should I have said that? I guess it's fine. I hope it's fine
10:47 DFXR: Where do you see quotes of it? Gaf?
10:47 dbloodworth2: yeah
10:47 CJCW just subscribed with Twitch Prime!
10:47 V8Dave: There's probably a "Daniel Bloodworth chat record Reddit thread"
10:47 DFXR: There's probably a "Daniel Bloodworth chat record" bot
10:47 Mbun: @dbloodworth2 I have no idea what you're talking about https://puu.sh/rcqzy/10f013d73b.png
10:48 burritos32 just subscribed with Twitch Prime!
10:48 V8Dave: But on the other hand, there is also probably a "Daniel Bloodworth lovely moments set to music montage"
10:48 V8Dave: which is sweet
10:48 V8Dave: I wish I had montages

wiibomb

I'll most probably buy another amazon prime year soon, so if I buy another year, I'll definitely give that sub to EZA...

i might want to do it on the tuesday group stream, though...

also, guys, you should make a little more advertising videos about EZA, it is kinda difficult to show new people what is this all about. Some of the crew goofiness can work like a charm on a little video ad

edit:
10f013d73b.png

oh.... oh.... oh my, jones C:

Burt

If they had anyone monitoring their chat during the show and care at all about the individual segment views, they'll make space for Dear Bosman weekly. Assuming Kyle's up for it, of course.

Speaking of views and all, I'm stuck wondering why the video of the stream isn't on the YT guest hosts' channels along with gameslice, considering those channels routinely grab ten times as many views for videos as what LWYTG is getting on gameslice right now. I know there's a lot of business stuff that goes on behind the scenes with big channels that they like to pretend doesn't exist, but it still seems super wishy-washy for YT to pass on what seems like the lowest cost/highest payoff way to get eyes on their fledgling show.

#backdoorshadynotdeals

Keep in mind they are still a gaming channel. You are going to get shitty "gamerrr" idiots who troll and say stupid shit anonymously

Pretty much. Even on Patreon there's a host of mouth breathers running to the white supremacist's defence.

Hehe nice! I did the same thing. I always wanted to play the Yakuza games, but Huber's description of Yakuza 0 at E3 and his and Ben's joy and hype over it made me dive in.

I recently beat 1 and I'm 3/4 of the way through 2, then I've got 3, 4 and 5 on my PS3 to play!

Absolutely loving it so far, Kazuma is a legend.

EDIT: Haha, just saw Sega America commented on that Easy Allies video of Yakuza 0.

I can't even imagine how long it's going to take you to do all that, though I assume you're not going for the 3-5 platinums, so it'll be a hell of a lot easier and less time consuming than it was for me.

Though to be honest, it's probably a lot better to get into the series now than it was back when I did in like 2008/09. You never had to wait YEARS for Yakuza 3 or 5 to be localised, or be disappointed when you finally realised Sega were never going to localise Kenzan (let alone the HD Collection, PSP games and Ishin). Then again, you might get a taste of that if Sega skips localising Kiwami (the Yakuza 1 remake) and goes straight to Yakuza 6.

Anyway, a few points:
1. The reaction to Kyle getting a short segment on Keighley's new show is weird.

2. I'm pretty disappointed by EZA's take on Palmer Luckey's fuckery. Brushing it off on the EZA Podcast as if the Frame Trap discussion, where they mostly talked around it and got the details wrong, was enough was pretty lame. It paled in comparison to Giant Bomb's take on it.

3. 400k!

UrbanRats

2. I'm pretty disappointed by EZA's take on Palmer Luckey's fuckery. Brushing it off on the EZA Podcast as if the Frame Trap discussion, where they mostly talked around it and got the details wrong, was enough was pretty lame. It paled in comparison to Giant Bomb's take on it.

It doesn't seem to me like GB said anything that peculiar about it either, not that they should've, because there's little to say beyond "fuck that guy"
at least tackling the discussion from a more general POV, broadens the scope of the debate.
Every time one of these big story breaks, you want to hear everyone's opinion on it, but what you end up with, is just the same thing said 40 different times, because there's little else to say, and because it's a subject you have to walk on very carefully.
--
I want them to try RAW DATA in VR, if they ever do another VIVE thing again.

KeRaSh

Aaaaww yiss! Congrats Bosman! You finally did it. I laughed out loud when I saw the gif. What a ride. Next stop: 450k!
Love and respect.

It doesn't seem to me like GB said anything that peculiar about it either, not that they should've, because there's little to say beyond "fuck that guy"
at least tackling the discussion from a more general POV, broadens the scope of the debate.
Every time one of these big story breaks, you want to hear everyone's opinion on it, but what you end up with, is just the same thing said 40 different times, because there's little else to say, and because it's a subject you have to walk on very carefully.

EZA didn't just tackle it from a more general POV though, the story specifically came up and all they did is talk around it, fail to point out his ties to the alt-right/white supremacists and give him the benefit of the doubt, even though there's a mountainload of evidence pointing to the kind of person he is.

It may be repetitive to hear GB and 39 other sites calling Luckey out for being a horrible human being but at least I know exactly where they stand. Whereas with EZA, it's obvious where Ian stands but the group as whole? Shrug. And that's disappointing to me. Not enough to get me to stop watching or anything but still disappointing.

Ruruja

I can't even imagine how long it's going to take you to do all that, though I assume you're not going for the 3-5 platinums, so it'll be a hell of a lot easier and less time consuming than it was for me.

Yeah, definitely not going for the platinums. I'm basically just doing the main story and any side-missions or mini-games I run into. My favourite side-mission so far is probably in Yakuza 2 where
you get invited into that weird baby fetish place by that yakuza family and then have to fight them all in nappies, haha

With how much I'm enjoying them, I'm glad indeed that I didn't have to wait for all those localisations. Though it looks like I'll be just in time to join you in waiting for Yakuza 6. :p

UrbanRats

EZA didn't just tackle it from a more general POV though, the story specifically came up and all they did is talk around it, fail to point out his ties to the alt-right/white supremacists and give him the benefit of the doubt, even though there's a mountainload of evidence pointing to the kind of person he is.

It may be repetitive to hear GB and 39 other sites calling Luckey out for being a horrible human being but at least I know exactly where they stand. Whereas with EZA, it's obvious where Ian stands but the group as whole? Shrug. And that's disappointing to me. Not enough to get me to stop watching or anything but still disappointing.

Where do they stand on white supremacy?
Where do they stand on Holocaust denial would be as rhetoric of a question i think.

J-Skee

If they had anyone monitoring their chat during the show and care at all about the individual segment views, they'll make space for Dear Bosman weekly. Assuming Kyle's up for it, of course.

Speaking of views and all, I'm stuck wondering why the video of the stream isn't on the YT guest hosts' channels along with gameslice, considering those channels routinely grab ten times as many views for videos as what LWYTG is getting on gameslice right now. I know there's a lot of business stuff that goes on behind the scenes with big channels that they like to pretend doesn't exist, but it still seems super wishy-washy for YT to pass on what seems like the lowest cost/highest payoff way to get eyes on their fledgling show.

#backdoorshadynotdeals

I was thinking the same thing. Like CupQuake's views would never be that low on her channel. Why isn't she putting on her channel as well? It's crazy seeing Kyle get more views than the other separate segments as well.

Ultimadrago

Watching Bloodworth play Comix Zone and it looks like the perfect exhibit of a game I would have owned and never beaten in my childhood (or today).

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I need some insight on Bosman v. Wozniak lore: who is Chat's Sweeney and why is he responsible for good luck with Tetris' RNG?

eFKac

Finally 400k broken and a very heartfelt moment at the end of the stream. Best BvS week so far, shame I've slept in and didn't catch it live.

Love you Bosman, keep up the good work!

Tankard

Yes to the BvW
400k run!!
. That was sweet. As sweet as his last minute speech, EZA community is strong, at least for now it seems to give the Yoiutube live thing more than the opposite.

Finally 400k broken and a very heartfelt moment at the end of the stream. Best BvS week so far, shame I've slept in and didn't catch it live.

Love you Bosman, keep up the good work!

BvS wishes it had a good week ;p

eFKac

Yes to the BvW
400k run!!
. That was sweet. As sweet as his last minute speech, EZA community is strong, at least for now it seems to give the Yoiutube live thing more than the opposite.

BvS wishes it had a good week ;p

Ohh god damn autocorrect!

Mista Koo

Yes to the BvW
400k run!!
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they Fonzied up Bosman's on screen roles.
. . that is if the show doesn't get cancelled soon.

Where do they stand on white supremacy?
Where do they stand on Holocaust denial would be as rhetoric of a question i think.

WTF are you talking about? The issue is Palmer Luckey and whether they call him out as a white supremacist and gross human being, not white supremacy in general. I have no idea how you came up with that.

UrbanRats

WTF are you talking about? The issue is Palmer Luckey and whether they call him out as a white supremacist and gross human being, not white supremacy in general. I have no idea how you came up with that.

Edit: Just to be super clear, so we don't drag this for 2 other pages, I think we can agree what Luckey did, is in no gray area.
He supported a horrid hate group, associating himself with shitty people (that Milo guy etc).
This is something that I'd consider self evident.
Now there were two ways to tackle the news, going at it directly and repeat the obvious ("oh man, what an asshole" etc etc) or, what they sort of did, take it to a more general direction of "how do you deal with buying products from shitty people?", Which can lead to less obvious and more interesting discussion, which is the reason why you'd even want to watch people debate on video, I assume.

I agree that not having all the facts straight was annoying though.

(Edited to be more clear and less aggressive)

Great Bossman Tetris stream. Man that gif was hilarious. Also it was interesting to hear Kyle pull back the curtain a bit on the various things he has going on. He doesn't do that often and the Bosman is staying busy! Also that story at the end was great.

Caught up on Yakuza and TTE. Just need to catch up on the podcast and RDR and my EZA backlog is all cleaned up

Edit: Just to be super clear, so we don't drag this for 2 other pages, I think we can agree what Luckey did, is in no gray area.
He supported a horrid hate group, associating himself with shitty people (that Milo guy etc).
This is something that I'd consider self evident.
Now there were two ways to tackle the news, going at it directly and repeat the obvious ("oh man, what an asshole" etc etc) or, what they sort of did, take it to a more general direction of "how do you deal with buying products from shitty people?", Which can lead to less obvious and more interesting discussion, which is the reason why you'd even want to watch people debate on video, I assume.

I agree that not having all the facts straight was annoying though.

(Edited to be more clear and less aggressive)

I guess I wasn't making myself clear. I have no issue with taking the discussion in the direction they did, it's an interesting take, my issue was when Palmer Luckey was specifically brought up, they got their facts completely wrong and then when given an opportunity to correct those mistakes on the EZA Podcast, it was skipped over. Getting the facts wrong was annoying, yeah, but not going back and correcting themselves was the most frustrating part IMO.

If I only followed EZA, I'd be under the impression that Palmer Luckey was just a Trump supporter who donated money to a shitposting organisation, I wouldn't know about his ties to the alt-right, gamergate, his batshit crazy reddit posts, his laughable apology or that he co-founded the shitposting organisation.

Can't be all jolly times, all the time. ;P

Bring back the "Bosman's a traitor!" discussion, I say! :p

Vinc

That Dear Bosman segment on LWYTG was so damn good. God I missed this. Whole show was really great, I'll definitely try to tune in live next week.

Also 400k!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom