• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

lupinko

I guess this means no hope for Cody.

This entire season sans Akuma is for completely new or never been playable before characters in a SF game.

Cody has been in two games with alpha 3 and SF4, three of you want to count SFxTekken.

He could still be in SFV but that wouldn't be until season 3 at the earliest.

JayEH

Ed's default costume colors have been revealed.

9kvE50N.png

I like what I'm seeing.

HardRojo

Never thought that Lucky Chloe could seem like a cool design, then I see this creatively bankrupt sub-SF3 weirdo/EX+Alpha Arika shit tier design and I'm like... damn. Can't wait for Tekken. I've drawn better Street Fighters as a kid.
Lucky Chloe a better design than Ed? Lol this can't be anything else than a joke. Lucky Chloe is the lowest bar for FG character designs. Ed looks awesome, though I could do without the small cap.

I don't know how anyone can think his boring hoodie look is better than his JoJo dictator look.

I strongly prefer the more casual look, the dictator thing just looks kinda dumb to me, especially the hat. Also he's wearing jordans in the story outfit which makes it objectivity better.

If you're used to Japanese dubs, you can get a feel for his potential personality from his Japanese voice. I was expecting something more edgy sounding.
I think he's got that brash punk thing going with both his voices. Makes sense if he was mainly raised by Balrog.

Gren

I strongly prefer the more casual look, the dictator thing just looks kinda dumb to me, especially the hat. Also he's wearing jordans in the story outfit which makes it objectivity better.
Is that what Jordans look like nowadays? First thing I thought of were Hayato Kanzaki's boots.

In fact, his Story costume's general color scheme fr head to toe reminds me of Hayato.

Lulubop

That's dope, I'm all for rap themes. Someone in another thread posted an article about sf's history with hiphop.

JayEH

If you're used to Japanese dubs, you can get a feel for his potential personality from his Japanese voice. I was expecting something more edgy sounding.

this is about what i expected his voice to sound like in japanese. definitely sounds like your typical bully in a random episode of a shonen though lol.

i've liked what i've heard from both english and japanese so far.

mackmoney

『Inaba Resident』;236162709 said:
I don't know why you guys bother replying to posts like that.
People like that just want to post something stupid and then dip without giving a real response.

I wouldn't say there was no real response. Once I completed story mode (Steam and PS4) I shuddered at the prospect that the DLC characters could actually be leveraged from what was present in the story mode.

I think Kolin has a decent move set and plays uniquely. And at least Ed is a new character design. I understand he appeared in SF4. But both of these are dull, insipid designs. The character designs from the story mode are all unadventurous as well. Maybe Capcom will surprise me and the remaining 3 new characters will not come that empty, uninspired story mode which I only endured for the FM.

I groaned at Kolin's reveal. I groaned at Ed's. And I hope they will spare me Shazaam, Satsuki, and Peter.

Top Bottom