• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddy Gordo leaked for Tekken 7

cordy

Banned
lol at whose they said he wont return muh broken .

Glad is he back fuck competitive community removing character,also fuck that weeb girl with this news

Most people said he is a big hurdle ,community dont want capos back.Just google any forum or posts about them in Tek7. I argued thats stupid against other people cause eddy with king/kazuya are my favorite characters and would be shit move to lose him against such a small minotrity

Tbh anyone who didn't want Eddy in doesn't understand exactly what they're doing with T7's story. Eddy actually has ties to the Mishimas. He wanted to kill Kazuya, he was Jin's right-hand man as he also worked for the Tekken Force. He's also more memorable and important to the series than Christie is, he's also been around longer. Given T6 is the end of the "Mishima Saga" and it's more story focused than any Tekken title, it makes sense to bring in someone like Eddy who has ties to the character. As for Christie, only reason people want Christie in is for her looks, not for her character. All she's about is chasing Eddy.

Eddy's just the better choice from a story and series perspective. Also anyone who has problems dealing with Capos in 2017 needs to go back to the T3 days. If I learned to take Eddy on as a kid then surely in 2017 people can learn to take him out with the internet and videos today.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
XXXOOXOOXOOXOOXOXXXXOOXOOOXOOOXOXOXXXOXOXO

S7XOQFU.gif

Manbig

It's literally the move 3,4 (basically the same move that string from b+1,4 into 3,4). The individual move is named Gancho Chibata. It's an instant sweep from standing into a juggle. In TTT it was worse because juggles got extended with B!

Fuck that shit.

Edit: See your own twitter link! God that infuriates me!

Oh so you meant 3~4? The slow low that is seeable and -100 on block?

Yeah, that's not bad at all. The problem with the move in my twitter link is that the whole string is a counter hit combo off of a very fast mid. b+1 is only 14 frames, which is pretty much general mid poke territory.

In low to even general mid levels of play, people don't know how to punish the string properly. Stuff like b+1, 4 by itself being launch punishable on block, or the fact that you can sidestep right after the initial back 1 to avoid all of the follow ups, or even the fact that if you just stand still and they complete the string into the low, the end low doesn't trip you, so you can punish them with a float for free.

This all changes at higher levels of play where the good players know how to confirm that string, so you can't even punish them properly unless you fully commit and put yourself in harms way.

Top all of this off with the garbage tag system in Tekken Tag 2 allowing for absurdly damaging combos like the ones that I linked earlier, and you have a recipe for disaster.

The other general annoying Capo stuff is the relaxed stance stuff. Specifically the low hitting slip kicks out of that stance. Low combo starter where it has to be low parried to be punished at all.

Or something like b+2 (or is it b+1?) the auto sidestepping mid that almost works better than a regular sidestep. A major weakness for Capos was supposed to be their lack of sidestep, but this move damn near completely negates that.

n051de

Is he aged up? I want to buy this game, but I don't want a DLC mess like Xrd, SF5 or (in extremis) DOA. Am I safe in buying the ultimate version?

I have a feeling you're going to be hard pressed to find a fighter from here on out to not have DLC characters regularly. Tekken included.

Glad to see Eddie. I don't play him but unlike playing against a good Eddie player. Always fun and different enough from other characters to make fights always feel fresh.

Doomshine

I don't understand why they did this without anything official to go with it. It's obvious that it would be leaked the minute they showed it.

blazeaire

Yeeessss!!! Either Christie or Eddy I don't really care since they play the same but finally I can pre-order knowing my fav break dancing style is in!

Oh so you meant 3~4? The slow low that is seeable and -100 on block?

Yeah, that's not bad at all.

I think the fact that the -100 recovery goes under a bunch of mids so you might not be able to launch it (and it gets you launched instead if you try) is very powerful and kind of on the unfair/stupid side though.

Manbig

I think the fact that the -100 recovery goes under a bunch of mids so you might not be able to launch it (and it gets you launched instead if you try) is very powerful and kind of on the unfair/stupid side though.

This I will agree with. Everyone can launch it, but sometimes you have to do some really messed up shit. Dragunov for example has to perfectly execute a short dash canceled into a d/f+2.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Lucky Chloe's usage rate just took a significant hit.

Can't really be happy about this when we still don't have Lei, Anna, or
Jun

Numb

Nothing beats Kuma and Panda reveal in a fucking world tourney lol

Agreed, need JC

We got Akuma at the first world tournament
We got Kuma at the second world tournament
We get Uma at the third world tournament?

v1.aDsyOTc3O2o7MTcyMzU7MTIwMDs3MDA7NDYy

#FollowTheMoney

Pif

Banned
People criticising eddy gordo even realize the potential for players who actually know his movesets?

It's my favourite character. Unfortunately not the best one.

Top Bottom