• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddy Gordo leaked for Tekken 7

Murkas

19 years on and people are still complaining about Eddy 3,4 spam.

Block/parry low scrubs.

Anyone complaining about the leg sweeps is holding a big neon arrow pointing to them flashing "I am a gigantic scrub."

Do you guys lose to Hadoken spamming too?

Block/parry low scrubs.

Anyone complaining about the leg sweeps is holding a big neon arrow pointing to them flashing "I am a gigantic scrub."

Only 1 Hadoken can be on screen at once.

Eddy has 2 legs, they are rapid and can be on the screen at any point moving however they want with huge big boxes.

#NerfEddy #NerfChristie #NerfTiger # NerfTheCapoGrandpaGuyFromChristiesMonterosEndingFromTekken5WhoIThinkIsTheirRelativeAndMasterButICan'tBeBotheredToWikipediaIt #BuffLars

good but we all know the only character that mattered
CgeUUftWcAIEEef.jpg

Kunimitsu and Armor King. They both started out as clone(ish) characters but now have great new movesets.

Also Jun

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kuninmitsu and Jun, but I always associate them with Tag than the main games.

I know AK is different, but he's still kinda similar to King in a way. Still, he's always been my main, so getting T7 comes down to him being in it for me.

Also, I forgot about Wang.

Wow, I didn't think the capos would return with Lucky Chloe being a pseudo-capo.

Good to see Eddy back, and I assume Christie will be there too. Since we got Kuma and Panda we'll most likely get Christie too. Just give her a unique rage art animation and BOOM; she's finished.

Cloukyo

Banned
Lucky Chloe being a pseudo-capo.

She's completely different.

Unlike Christie, who is WAY too similar to Eddy to justify inclusion. Unless their differences are Devil Jin to Heihachi level, characters using similar styles shouldn't be in Tekken imo.

Like, I want Jun in T7, but I admit she's just Asuka but with a few different moves (which don't affect her play style either to be honest, all her extra moves look nice but are shit, the ones she shares with Asuka are the best)

I wouldn't mind Jun as an alternate costume though.

She's completely different.

Unlike Christie, who is WAY too similar to Eddy to justify inclusion. Unless their differences are Devil Jin to Heihachi level, characters using similar styles shouldn't be in Tekken imo.

Like, I want Jun in T7, but I admit she's just Asuka but with a few different moves (which don't affect her play style either to be honest, all her extra moves look nice but are shit, the ones she shares with Asuka are the best)

I wouldn't mind Jun as an alternate costume though.

How do you feel about Armour King? I was kinda disappointed he wasn't in, always preferred that he was more of a striker and less about the chain grabs. Guess I'm finally gonna have to learn them for 7.

sasuke_91

Block/parry low scrubs.

Okay.

I don't like the move because his hurtbox after a blocked 3~4 is really weird and you basically have to wait a second before you can use a WS punisher.

Other than that I don't mind his inclusion anymore if the leak is real. TTT2 Eddy was bullshit and he got insane damage off Tag combos. I don't think T7 Eddy will be that strong, especially with low parrys giving full combos now.

Pachimari

What classic characters (from 1-3) with unique fighting styles are missing now? Just Roger/Alex,a Chang, and Lei?
She's not a classic but Zafina has one of the most unique styles. Unfortunately she's not popular.

I really hope we get JayCee and not Julia. And Lei of course.

Fuck the Williams sisters. Been playing since Tekken 2, I say cut them out lol.

Manbig

Okay.
I don't think T7 Eddy will be that strong, especially with low parrys giving full combos now.

That's the wrong way to think of low parries. Damage wise, it's still relatively low because a giant chunk of the damage in juggles is the initial launcher's damage. Low parry starts scaling on the first hit too, so this limits the first follow up hit's damage potential on your juggle depending on the character.

The only thing that allowing screw attack post low parry really does is add a lot of wall carry, which is where the real extra damage potential comes from compared to low parries in Tekken 6 and Tag 2.

She's not a classic but Zafina has one of the most unique styles. Unfortunately she's not popular.

I really hope we get JayCee and not Julia. And Lei of course.

Fuck the Williams sisters. Been playing since Tekken 2, I say cut them out lol.

I really liked Zafina. Zafina, Asuka, and Steve are probably the only 3 I really liked who were introduced from Tekken 4 onwards. Lili was alright on SFxT, but I'm not a fan of her in the actual games.

sasuke_91

That's the wrong way to think of low parries. Damage wise, it's still relatively low because a giant chunk of the damage in juggles is the initial launcher's damage. Low parry starts scaling on the first hit too, so this limits the first follow up hit's damage potential on your juggle depending on the character.

The only thing that allowing screw attack post low parry really does is add a lot of wall carry, which is where the real extra damage potential comes from compared to low parries in Tekken 6 and Tag 2.

I actually thought about editing that part after posting it, but it is true that the damage potential for low parrying is now higher than in T6/TTT2.
A low parry combo did ~40-50 damage average in TTT2. It's a little higher now I think, even without walls. But not as high as to call it "full combo".

Gaminar

Banned

Block/parry low scrubs.

Unless you didn't play people with Lag, don't make assumptions about people being scrubs. I'll play as Eddy vs. You when the game comes out.

SarusGray

Block/parry low scrubs.

Eddy gordo and lag was a scary combo lol but so is lili and any one that can spam low attacks into juggles

Gaminar

Banned
Oh so you meant 3~4? The slow low that is seeable and -100 on block?

Yeah, that's not bad at all. The problem with the move in my twitter link is that the whole string is a counter hit combo off of a very fast mid. b+1 is only 14 frames, which is pretty much general mid poke territory.

In low to even general mid levels of play, people don't know how to punish the string properly. Stuff like b+1, 4 by itself being launch punishable on block, or the fact that you can sidestep right after the initial back 1 to avoid all of the follow ups, or even the fact that if you just stand still and they complete the string into the low, the end low doesn't trip you, so you can punish them with a float for free.

This all changes at higher levels of play where the good players know how to confirm that string, so you can't even punish them properly unless you fully commit and put yourself in harms way.

Top all of this off with the garbage tag system in Tekken Tag 2 allowing for absurdly damaging combos like the ones that I linked earlier, and you have a recipe for disaster.

The other general annoying Capo stuff is the relaxed stance stuff. Specifically the low hitting slip kicks out of that stance. Low combo starter where it has to be low parried to be punished at all.

Or something like b+2 (or is it b+1?) the auto sidestepping mid that almost works better than a regular sidestep. A major weakness for Capos was supposed to be their lack of sidestep, but this move damn near completely negates that.

That reaction completely depends on Muscle Memory. Alot of people still have problems seeing Law's Dragon Sweep d/b+4... add that with lag and you have great guaranteed damage. Only in T6 and Tag 2 this low guarantees a Bound and Wall carry combo if you're close enough.

Lol, I remember back in the day having problems seeing Bryan's d/f+3 in Tekken 5 when he used to be OP.

I agree with your rant about b+1,4... it's evil and I don't like shit like this. Also, b+2 had KND on CH. I don't remember if the recovery time was good enough to evade a 3+4 or f,f+3+4.

Razzorn34

Block/parry low scrubs.

Trying to parry online is nothing but rage inducing. Lag is the only reason people can get away with playing spam like characters online. They know that, and they will keep abusing the shit out of it. I'm certainly not happy about this announcement.

Team Chang

Block/parry low scrubs.

Eddy and lag are a scary combination. I can normally deal with Eddy's shenanigans, but trying to block his attacks online can be infuriating at times.

Everyone here complaining about cheap Eddies, but it's fucking Steve that tilts me like no one else. Whenever someone chooses Steve I always counter pick with Hwoarang. I don't know if he actually is a counter to Steve, but it makes me feel more confident fighting him at least.

WorldHero

If you complain about Eddy Gordo users you probably aren't as good as you think you are...

Really excited about this Tekken. It seems like Namco is committed to giving the fans lots of content unlike another fighting game this gen.

Day 1 for me.

If you complain about Eddy Gordo users you probably aren't as good as you think you are...

Really excited about this Tekken. It seems like Namco is committed to giving the fans lots of content unlike another fighting game this gen.

Day 1 for me.

and they still haven't revealed Lei.....

Gaminar

Banned
I don't think people can tell the difference between local mp eddy vs. online lag eddy. 95% of the time your ass will be getting juggled out of nowhere. You want to see good players getting schooled by scrubs online.

SarusGray

Day 1 for me.

yeah... eddy was just annoying online. He didn't cause me too much trouble unless they were force lagging. I got top ten in tekken 6 online worldwide facing the worst laggers. Tekken online really isn't the same as local and never will be. Eddy will be low tier playing locally but online he can be bad when they are abusing lag.

Top Bottom