• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Electablog: Michigan presidential recount update – it’s getting very, very ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I don't think so, the only active thing they did was voter suppression and a recount doesn't do anything for that. I think this is purely a spite move on the Republicans part. The re-count annoyed them so they are saying fuck you right back.

Suppressing legitimate voters is literally cheating.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I mean on the surface, that's true. But if MI were to flip, it raises the legitimacy of the other states that were in play, and ultimately the legitimacy of the election as a whole. Trump goes from having a narrow upset to having literally stolen the election, and it destroys faith in the electoral process. The R's are acting like dipshits and I don't like it, but no matter what happens there are no winners here.

We shouldn't have faith in the process. We should go back to paper ballots everywhere.
And recounts should be available no questions asked.

KingBroly

Banned
We shouldn't have faith in the process. We should go back to paper ballots everywhere.
And recounts should be available no questions asked.

Ballot stuffing has always been a thing. It's where Crooked Chicago Politics became a thing with Kennedy's election along with the Dead voting Democrat. Just because you get paper ballots doesn't mean cheating goes away.

Recounts should not be allowed in ridiculous manners such as this. Recounts cost money, time and people to do. Stein got 1% of the vote in these states. The only one who should be eligible to ask for a recount here is Hillary Clinton, because she was the closest.

WillyFive

Ballot stuffing has always been a thing. It's where Crooked Chicago Politics became a thing with Kennedy's election along with the Dead voting Democrat. Just because you get paper ballots doesn't mean cheating goes away.

Recounts should not be allowed in ridiculous manners such as this. Recounts cost money, time and people to do. Stein got 1% of the vote in these states. The only one who should be eligible to ask for a recount here is Hillary Clinton, because she was the closest.

I don't get how who asked for the recount is relevant in any way other than to justify retribution. If they gather the money to pay for it, it can be done.

Crayon

I don't see why anyone here trusts the republicans at this point. They say they're trying to save money so that cannot be the true motive.

And the widespread disdain towards Stein is ridiculous. So she dared to run third party. God damn.

Amir0x

Banned
I still dont see what good comes of this, but at this point I dont care. Every little mosquito-like bit of annoyance we can throw Trump and Republican's way, I'm game for. Time to play Republicans game and make governance a literal hell for them and their despicable ilk.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Independent Pennsylvania Voter Here:

The fact that any the election of the President of the United States isn't recounted by default is strange. Anything within 1% seems reasonable and I don't really care if it was Trump or Hillary or Biden or Bush. Count that shit 2wice.

Crayon

I still dont see what good comes of this, but at this point I dont care. Every little mosquito-like bit of annoyance we can throw Trump and Republican's way, I'm game for. Time to play Republicans game and make governance a literal hell for them and their despicable ilk.

Yes. Please. I'm sick of this high road act.

This will not change the outcome, but I still say that any opportunity to uncover voter suppression makes it a worthwhile cause. I wouldn't give money for it, but if it's going to happen then hopefully some good can come as a result.

Amir0x

Banned
This will not change the outcome, but I still say that any opportunity to uncover voter suppression makes it a worthwhile cause. I wouldn't give money for it, but if it's going to happen then hopefully some good can come as a result.
This is about voter fraud more than suppression, which is why it wont significantly alter the results. Voter suppression hides in plain sight and is signed into law by Republican governors and stamped by Republican courts and is completely legal technically. It is already uncovered, but a huge percentage of the public allowed themselves to be sold the lie that it is somehow protecting the sanctity of our institutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom