• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jill Stein Launches Fundraising Effort To Ask For A Recount In 3 States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it now: Provisional Ballots found, uncounted in Madison, 43K go to Clinton, 12K to Trump, "This just in, Hillary Clinton wins the state of Wisconsin. Once again, Hillary Clinton will win the state of Wisconsin, a big victory for Secretary Clinton, adding 10 electoral votes to her total, to reach 242, securing her loss in the electoral college".

.....Lol, that's the best that can come out of this with Wisconsin, but don't count on it.

My understanding is that the goal was changed each time the previous goal was hit. The first goal was only to fund one recount, and if that was hit they would up it. I don't see anything shady here. Am I wrong?

My understanding is that the goal was changed each time the previous goal was hit. The first goal was only to fund one recount, and if that was hit they would up it. I don't see anything shady here. Am I wrong?
don't worry about the details, just donate and save this country.

TarNaru33

Banned
I can see it now: Provisional Ballots found, uncounted in Madison, 43K go to Clinton, 12K to Trump, "This just in, Hillary Clinton wins the state of Wisconsin. Once again, Hillary Clinton will win the state of Wisconsin, a big victory for Secretary Clinton, adding 10 electoral votes to her total, to reach 242, securing her loss in the electoral college".

.....Lol, that's the best that can come out of this with Wisconsin, but don't count on it.

um... If that happened in Wisconsin, there would probably be a full on recount in almost all states and heavy auditing. So, no, that isn't all that would come out of Wisconsin if tampering of votes was observed.

I do not expect any changes, but if something is found, I will laugh so hard at those laughing so hard at people for wanting a recount. 2016 has been an amazing year (in a bad way), I do not claim to believe any which way this will go anymore lol.

Too bad Jill Stein can't just give Hillary her votes in Wisconsin, or caaaan she? :p

Amikami

Banned

You're not wrong. The final goal of six to seven thousand was set early on but you had to keep reading to find it. I would say most people wouldn't have found it. I don't know about "shady" in terms of appearance but I definitely don't feel like it's greatest and safest investment.

Buzzati

Banned
*creates Green Party committee and payroll account for unnamed, "election integrity initiatives" out of sheer coincidence*

SexyFish

Banned
Clinton campaign: We are taking part in the recount

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton's campaign said Saturday it will take part in efforts to push for recounts in several key states, joining with Green Party candidate Jill Stein, who has raised millions of dollars to have votes counted again in Wisconsin.

But, in a post on Medium, Marc Elias, the campaign's counsel, said the campaign's own investigation has not uncovered any evidence of hacking of voting systems.
In the campaign's most detailed comments to date on the recount, Elias wrote that while the campaign was not going to contest the results itself, it has decided now to take part in the effort to "ensure that it is fair to all sides."

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

If there is a 55k vote difference in WI, there needs to be an entire national recount. That'd be too crazy to fathom.

Pretty sad seeing liberals using the fraud playbook republicans have used for the last eight years. I guess when you lose the shoe fits. Reminds me of 2004.

It's over. She lost. The end.

Nibiru

Banned
Is Jill going to raise more money to recount New Hampshire and Nevada? These were even closer or is she just doing States Trump won?

Mii

Banned
tbh probably means they are just going to be observers

It does. As they should be.

Again, no group who is part of the process is expecting a materially different result. That's the expectation of an audit. Democracy is better served by assurance, particularly in a year full of conspiracy theories regarding foreign powers.

We are all better off in a society where democrats don't start their own trutherism around ballot boxes, and this will help reduce the problem (even if it may seem heightened now).

Caja 117

Pretty sad seeing liberals using the fraud playbook republicans have used for the last eight years. I guess when you lose the shoe fits.

It's over. She lost. The end.

Im fine with this, Reps were already crying fraud before the election even started and there is the Republican from NC asking for a recount, so yeah let them have a taste on what they are.

Buzzati

Banned
Ahh yes the fringe group of "scientists." That have already had their assertions debunked. Nice one.

But it's not about changing the results right?

It's about the integrity of the electoral system, specifically the integrity of the electoral system in states that Clinton lost. The system works perfectly elsewhere, you slob.

Trump cried rigged before the voting started. We know russia has played a big part in this election. Trumps face after he won said "oh shit"

Something is going on

KingBroly

Banned
Trump cried rigged before the voting started. We know russia has played a big part in this election. Trumps face after he won said "oh shit"

Something is going on

That's not what the White House said

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/white-house-hackers-election-recount-231849

“We stand behind our election results, which accurately reflect the will of the American people,” a senior administration official told POLITICO late Friday.

“The federal government did not observe any increased level of malicious cyber activity aimed at disrupting our electoral process on election day,” the official added. “We believe our elections were free and fair from a cybersecurity perspective.”

It's about the integrity of the electoral system, specifically the integrity of the electoral system in states that Clinton lost. The system works perfectly elsewhere, you slob.
I honestly can't tell if you are being sarcastic or just completely deluded.

KingBroly

Banned
'You wanna fuck with us?! Well we're gonna try to run up the score!'

I wish they'd challenge Minnesota and New Hampshire as well, honestly.

But the indications were that they recognized like 90% turnout in certain Virginia counties with 95-5/100-0 turnout for Clinton, which are all red flags. That and the felons being pardoned a week before the election and asked to vote thing.

Nibiru

Banned
I would like to read that article. Post it if you have it handy.

The guy leading the effort Halderman said so himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/11/23/us/politics/ap-us-election-recount-push-.html

But Halderman, in an article posted on Medium on Wednesday, stressed that the group has no evidence of a cyberattack or voting irregularities. He urged that a recount be ordered just to eliminate the possibility.

No evidence of irregularities. So basically it's a guess.

ItIsOkBro

if we believe there's even a one percent chance that a recount will change things we have to take it as an absolute certainty

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
The guy leading the effort Halderman said so himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/11/23/us/politics/ap-us-election-recount-push-.html

No evidence of irregularities. So basically it's a guess.

Statistical irregularities which leads to a warning sign of possible corruption. There is no concrete proof of hacking with the voting machines but it was found Clinton had 7 percent less votes on electronic voting machines than on scanners and paper ballots in Wisconsin.

I see no harm in doing these recounts since at least it adds to our country's voter integrity. Granted, Michigan is all paper so I don't get why that would be a focus in this other than having people hold onto some glimpse of hope that Clinton might still win.

Nibiru

Banned
I see no harm in doing these recounts since at least it adds to our country's voter integrity. Granted, Michigan is all paper so I don't get why that would be a focus in this other than having people hold onto some glimpse of hope that Clinton might still win.

The only problem I see is that the people that believe that the Russians fixed the election will always believe that no matter how many recounts. It's like any conspiracy theory, the Right with Obama's birth certificate and the Left with Bush did 9/11. Very rarely does someone actually accept that they were wrong. Mostly they just move the goal post.

I mean where do we go next? Do we even trust the recounts? What if their are shenanigans there too? Michigan just had a recount and now we do another and there was no computers involved there so... If election integrity was the real goal then all the close contests should be examined not just the ones Hillary lost.

I think the most interesting part of this will be where the left over money goes. If it goes to the Green Party or an org created by them then we know what this was for. They should put up a poll of charities and give it to them imo.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
The only problem I see is that the people that believe that the Russians fixed the election will always believe that no matter how many recounts. It's like any conspiracy theory, the Right with Obama's birth certificate and the Left with Bush did 9/11. Very rarely does someone actually accept that they were wrong. Mostly they just move the goal post.

I mean where do we go next? Do we even trust the recounts? What if their are shenanigans there too? Michigan just had a recount and now we do another and there was no computers involved there so... If election integrity was the real goal then all the close contests should be examined not just the ones Hillary lost.

I think the most interesting part of this will be where the left over money goes. If it goes to the Green Party or an org created by them then we know what this was for. They should put up a poll of charities and give it to them imo.

Funny enough, the donations being raised by Jill Stein is now moving at a snail's pace now that it is focused on raising funds for Michigan. I wonder what these computer scientists have found that was worth investigating for Michigan.

I couldn't find anything about Michigan doing a recount already but other than that the certification of these votes will be filed on Monday.

It states on the site about leftover funds: "If we raise more than what's needed, the surplus will also go toward election integrity efforts and to promote voting system reform." Will they show us them handing checks to these organizations that support that cause?

Maybe, maybe not, or at that point media won't even be focusing on what they will be doing with it and unless you follow the Green Party on Social Media, you won't know about it.

Kilau

Funny enough, the donations being raised by Jill Stein is now moving at a snail's pace now that it is focused on raising funds for Michigan. I wonder what these computer scientists have found that was worth investigating for Michigan.

They couldn't have found anything, there is nothing to hack.

Chris Thomas, the longtime director of Michigan's Bureau of Elections, said Michigan doesn't use the electronic voting machines identified in the report as being the sources of potential hacking.

"We are an entire paper and optical scan state," Thomas told the Free Press Wednesday. "Nothing is connected to the Internet."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...-director-casts-doubt-hacking-claim/94327842/

I couldn't find anything about Michigan doing a recount already but other than that the certification of these votes will be filed on Monday.

Not a recount, but this is an explanation of what they do.

"Many people have asked about Michigan’s process for counting ballots and certifying election results. Please be aware that all 1,521 Michigan cities and townships completed ballot counting and reported unofficial results by the morning of Wednesday, Nov. 9," according to a statement on the Secretary of State's website. "The county canvassing boards, as they do after every election, then began their work to review and certify the results from each precinct."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/23/donald-trump-wins-michigan-votes/94360852/

It appears Michigan is getting prepared to do a hand recount of all the ballots should that be ordered.

I think if there is one thing we learned from this election is that;

It should be completely 100% illegal to allow people to campaign on the premises of a polling center.

I remember watching CNN and they were outside a polling place near Pittsburgh PA and there were TONS of Trump signs, and Crooked Hillary signs all through out the parking lot and on the grounds outside the polling center.

To me the fact that polling centers in some states aren't 100% campaigning forbidden is ridiculous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom