• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellie vs Abby: Who's Prettier?

Who's prettier? Ellie or Abby?

• Total voters

Jon Neu

Banned
I mean the modern conception of beauty is weak, thin and young looking with no imperfections.

Quite the contrary, beauty is being in shape, having a slob ass body is being weak.

I personally wouldn't buy into Taylor Swift running around TLOU world but thays just me

If you are talking about believability, then you wouldn’t have a female protagonist ever in any action game.

Yoboman

Is that mostly based on taste? I also making them "sexier" doesn't make them bad designs either.

I personally like some of them.
sophitia-alexandra-soulcalibur6-artwork.png

hilde-soulcalibur6-artwork-by-takuji-kawano.jpg

ivy-valentine-soulcalibur6-character-artwork.jpg

taki-soulcalibur6-artwork-by-takuji-kawano.jpg

seong-mina-soulcalibur6-artwork-by-takuji-kawano.png
And they were still great when they were simpler and less sexy. Adding bigger tits added nothing additional, they were always good designs with distinctive looks and personality and designed based on a culture

Is Seong Mi Na a good character design because she has a cool weapon, uniqur clothes and looks like you'd expect a Chinese female to look in this world? Or because they added underboob and a gstring in eventually?

VLjSQ8l.jpg

Contrast to the OG tits and ass fighter Dead or Alive where the characters look like female copy pasta with different hair. Its bad character design.

Soul Caliburs designs aren't good because they are sexy, it's because they are grounded in originality,

thelastword

Banned
So you're telling me. Taylor Swift should be in this game, taking on all this infected. She has neither the mental fortitude that Ellie has, nor the brute prowess that Abby has to survive.....She wouldn't even last a Mosquito bite in Seattle's Forest...

supernova8

Banned
This channel was so damn good

Yeah all the good people left and now it's like two or three people and their videos are lucky to get even 1,000 views compared to the two infamous "Playstation Abridged" which racked up nearly 7 million views combined.

For a moment, back in the day, I even considered applying even though I have no real background in games journalism at all.

MayauMiao

Abby just radiate with testosterone aura I can't find her attractive at all. The closest she got to being attractive was at the end of the game where her body at least started to look feminine.

I also have a thing for short hair girls.

Vaelka

I think that Abby has an attractive face ( she just looks mad 99% of the game like everyone else, everyone looks ugly then ).
I am just not into super buff women like that.

But face wise I find her prettier than Ellie.

Both of those characters have really weirdly proportioned bodies. It's like ellie's arms are way too long(it's super noticeable in that last fight) and abby's everything is too squashed

yurinka

I think Dina's actress and Abby's face model are pretty, cute and hot.

It's a shame they put all that effort on make their characters uglier and unattractive. I don't get why these SJW see attractive, feminine or likable women as a problem.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Ellie looks like a lot like Hailee Steinfield in this one I think.

i don’t really go crazy over how attractive a video game model is.. cus that’s just like.. not me

both are very detailed models and I think pleasing it you know what I mean. Like they’re nice to look at and play:

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

Ellie by a mile.

Clean her up and not have her always portrayed as dirty and living in a shithole of a world, alongside being consumed with vengeance which is unattractive in itself, and yeah....I’ll not turn that down.

Much more than Abby. Don’t care if she ain’t a she-hulk either, she’s repugnant.

I agree with SlimySnake SlimySnake

Naughty Dog completely fucked up Abby's design. I actually couldn't stand playing as her, not because she was a bad character, but because she had the traps and back of a dude on Roids. It just looked SO out of place in the game.

Naughty Dog's ridiculous wokeness always fucks up their games in certain ways. They wanted a female POWER FANTASY game and just made Abby look completely ridiculous. Somehow, in a post apocalyptic world with scarce items, you have girls taking insane amounts of exogenous steroids.

What is wrong with having girls look biologically normal or at least modestly attractive? It's like ND is totally against girls having breasts and ass these days, so let's give them huge traps. At that point they might as well give them a dick too while they're at it.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Are they permanent?

They may fade on their own if u avoid direct sunlight to your face and apply sunscreen to that area to prevent getting anymore. But everyone needs vitamin D so if you're not getting sun on some part of your body, then you're going to need to supplement with some vitamin D along with some fat.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
They may fade on their own if u avoid direct sunlight to your face and apply sunscreen to that area to prevent getting anymore. But everyone needs vitamin D so if you're not getting sun on some part of your body, then you're going to need to supplement with some vitamin D along with some fat.

1. People don't need to expose themselves to the Sun for periods of time long enough to induce the formation of freckles. 15 minutes per day should be enough.

2. People can supplement their diet with foods that are rich in Vitamin D as an alternative to sunlight, such as fish.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
1. People don't need to expose themselves to the Sun for periods of time long enough to induce the formation of freckles. 15 minutes pet day should be enough.

2. People can supplement their diet with foods that are rich in Vitamin D as an alternative to sunlight, such as fish.

1. Depends. The more melanin in your skin, the more sunlight you're going to need to get enough vitamin D. Areas in the north farther away from the equator get even less sunshine so it becomes even harder for people with more melanin to get enough sunshine.

2. ehh I think I read you need 4,000 IU of vitamin D per day so you may still need to supplement with tablets

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I agree with SlimySnake SlimySnake

Naughty Dog completely fucked up Abby's design. I actually couldn't stand playing as her, not because she was a bad character, but because she had the traps and back of a dude on Roids. It just looked SO out of place in the game.

Naughty Dog's ridiculous wokeness always fucks up their games in certain ways. They wanted a female POWER FANTASY game and just made Abby look completely ridiculous. Somehow, in a post apocalyptic world with scarce items, you have girls taking insane amounts of exogenous steroids.

What is wrong with having girls look biologically normal or at least modestly attractive? It's like ND is totally against girls having breasts and ass these days, so let's give them huge traps. At that point they might as well give them a dick too while they're at it.
i swear i played the entire game thinking she was trans. i kept waiting for that twist to come until the very end. And i am not even one of those guys who get triggered, but it just didnt make sense for her to look like that.

What i dont understand is that surely they know men love female power fantasy games. I dont know any women who care for Ripley in Aliens, but every other guy i know loves Sigorney Weaver in it. We are the ones who went and watched Kate Bekinsale in underworld. Women didnt get into vampires until twilight. And while Kate Bekinsale was definitely sexualized, Ripley has a great character design. you arent sure if you want to fuck her or admire her. but you're not repulsed by her design.

Mad Men's furiosa is also a female power fantasy and yet i had zero issues with Charlise Theron's character. She was badass without needing manly biceps and broad shoulders.

Her initial character model was fine. She's fit and looked badass in the Paris Game Show trailer. That's more than enough.

Iced Arcade

Ellie looks like a mix between Aileen and a panhandler while Abby would give a terrible dutch rudder.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
1. Depends. The more melanin in your skin, the more sunlight you're going to need to get enough vitamin D. Areas in the north farther away from the equator get even less sunshine so it becomes even harder for people with more melanin to get enough sunshine.

2. ehh I think I read you need 4,000 IU of vitamin D per day so you may still need to supplement with tablets

1. A person with more melanin in their skin would simply have to expose themselves to sunlight for periods of time appropriate for their skin tone, meaning long enough for them to produce Vitamin D but short enough to prevent the formation of freckles. Their higher concentration of melanin enables them to withstand sunlight without incurring UV damage longer than someone with less melanin. So, everything balances out. Most people with dark skin who live in the Northern Hemisphere do just fine despite the lower amount of sunlight therein; in very rare cases, some develop Rickets due to Vitamin-D deficiency, but most of them do not develop issues.

2. My point is that one does not need sunlight to synthesize Vitamin D due to alternative sources of the vitamin.

Top Bottom