• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End the Ignorance: Good U.S. Beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

909er

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~sheltren/img/hemp.jpg

Not the best beer, but I feel it represents my culture best.

In all seriousness, my favorite microbrew is probably Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. A fine beer.

As for the ppl dissing American beer, **** em. We should just send a ton of PBR and keep the good stuff for ourselves. Besides, any culture that advocates drinking room temperature beer as superior shouldn't be allowed to have taste buds.

909er said:
Besides, any culture that advocates drinking room temperature beer as superior shouldn't be allowed to have taste buds.

To be honest, it really is best to let a good beer warm up a touch before you drink it. Right out of the fridge is too cold and will numb your tastebuds. I'm not advocating room temp, but a few minutes to "acclimate" is good. Isn't British beer more cellar temp, like 50 degrees?

Klotera

ShowDog said:
If you are in the Kansas City area, Boulevard Wheat is good but Boulevard Pale Ale is better.

I'm the opposite. I think Wheat is great - but Pale Ale disgusts me. Boulevard Wheat is good, though, and most people who come to Kansas City get turned on to it fast.

Kansas City also has a number of decent microbrews. I just went to a Microbrew festival, which was awesome. $20 to get in, they give you a glass, and you can try out anything you want from like 12 different microbrews all afternoon. It was a good day.

Triz

Big Chief Crazy Cone said:
The best beer I have ever tasted.

Whomever mentioned Fat Tire also has very good taste.

So Coors makes decent beer. Seriously Fat Tire is decent but for a belgiun imitator it doesnt come close to some of the others :)

This thread has one thing right though...american Craft brew is hard to beat when it comes to quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom