• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 to be announced at Bethesda presser

myco666

Cautiously hyped about TEW2. Main game was fantastic but those Kidman DLC were really not that great so if they take cues from those I am not really interested.

Not talking about sales figures or any of that but I'm honestly surprised The Evil Within is getting a sequel just based on its quality.

I thought it was pretty terrible overall and creatively fairly bankrupt. I love Horror games however and hope they can somehow get their shit together and actually make a game that lives up to the creator's resume.

It lives up to Mikamis resume. It is as good as RE4 and even better at times.

Is TEW still very bad on PS4, regarding the framerate?

It's been on sale so often and the game seems really cool to me, but the framerate hysteria when the game came out has made me not buy it yet..

Its okay. Early chapters have some rough spots but overall it is fine.

Zukkoyaki

If this is all true then Bethesda is going to tear the house down at their conference. Dishonored, Wolfenstein, and Prey would all be day ones for me!

Anung

Un Rama
Holy crap I'd lose it if either of those games was announced.

I'd be more hyped for Wolfenstein because TNO was amazing but TEW was a solid base for a sequel to fix its problems.

Bring on the Evil Within 2. I still need to beat The New Order so for me Wolfenstein 2 can wait a bit. If only The New Order had steam cloud save I would of beaten it already.

Armigr

It was patched and was a big improvement over the vanilla game, alongside removing the black borders. The game is perfectly playable on the PS4 now.

It's still runs at sub-30 FPS most of the time, even with the black borders turned off. That's not acceptable in my opinion.

Things I want out of Wolfenstein TNO 2:
  • Story about liberating the U.S.
  • Subject matter that point out the U.S.'s involvement in activities that directly inspired Hitler.
  • More guns, even more improved combat like Doom.
  • More open levels, not just sandbox arena to sandbox arena.
  • Bring back occult themes.
  • Enemy Territory MP mode.

SpaceWolf

Banned
  • Subject matter that point out the U.S.'s involvement in activities that directly inspired Hitler.
  • More guns, even more improved combat like Doom.
  • More open levels, not just sandbox arena to sandbox arena.
  • Bring back occult themes.
  • Enemy Territory MP mode.

Things I want from Wolfenstein 2:

-For Bethesda to fix the pick-up mechanic. So sick of having to stare directly at the floor, whilst mashing a button constantly to pick up the copious amounts of ammo you would always need.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hell yeah TEW2. Kidman's the better character out of her and Sebastian so I hope she's the main character.

Fury451

Banned
Surprised EW is getting a sequel. I didn't hate it or anything, but I thought it was really janky and the story wasn't all that engaging. Some pretty spectacular visual locations though. Hopefully a sequel smooths out the problems and gives a better overall experience.

Beyond pumped for a new Wolf though. More and more and more of that is never a bad thing.

Surprised EW is getting a sequel. I didn't hate it or anything, but I thought it was really janky and the story wasn't all that engaging. Some pretty spectacular visual locations though. Hopefully a sequel smooths out the problems and gives a better overall experience.

Beyond pumped for a new Wolf though. More and more and more of that is never a bad thing.
The Evil Within had the highest debut sales of any new horror IP. Bethesda said they were pleased with its performance so it isn't surprising to see a new one.

Bethesda has a surprisingly good conference coming this year it seems.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was literally thinking yesterday I would be so happy if Evil Within 2 was at Bethesda's conferences.

I won't take this as confirmation, but I'll admit to being a bit more hopeful.

very excited for Evil Within 2.

The first game was slightly disappointing with the plot being too ambitious and reaching nowhere, and the warping level design was not fun. But I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Dusk Golem

Sagroth

Throw in the Fallout 4 Nuka World dlc and Bethesda likely will have one of the best publisher conferences of all time.

Can't think of a franchise more deserving of a second chance than the evil within.
If they can fix the janky player animations, sort out a better camera and just improve the smoothness of the player controls then it could be amazing.
More of the best catchphrase is gaming is never a bad thing...
tumblr_netadpykdk1rdrzuxo2_400.gif

tumblr_ndwef0zGBu1rzdwsno3_500.gif

I think it'll be more showing an eager Collaborationist government run by segregationists, having people like George Wallace or Strom Thurmond be in charge, talk about how the Nazis 'saved the white race'.

I enjoyed Evil Within a lot, but just never got around to the DLC. I'll have to pick it up some time, hopefully it goes on sale. Does it clear up the story?

RE7, REmake 2 and TEW2 would be the dream scenario!
Indeed, I've got my fingers crossed.

I enjoyed Evil Within a lot, but just never got around to the DLC. I'll have to pick it up some time, hopefully it goes on sale. Does it clear up the story?

The dlc is actually good, much better performance and camera and It helps clear up a few things yes.
It also sets up a sequel perfectly with a new twist so they clearly new they were making a sequel a long time ago.

Dusk Golem

The story in the DLC clears up a lot of questions from the main game and presents some new interesting side to things. I honestly ended up liking the DLC story more than the main game's. Just know the DLC (Kidman's two-part campaign I mean) is almost entirely stealth based with you being weaponless (though I liked it a lot personally). Also has the creepiest enemy in the game, in my opinion (DLC actually has several new locations, enemies, and even returning enemies and locations have new twists on them and tackled completely differently, an example is you go to the place where you fought the two ogre twins in the main game, but it's now the spot for a puzzle).

I actually thought Ruvik came off a lot more sinister and interesting in the DLC even, who I found a bit boring in the main game, and the DLC made me actually like Kidman, so that's good. And without saying too much, the main villain of the DLC I personally think is a much stronger, creepier, and and just cool villain than Ruvik is all around. I'm really hoping the DLC villain plays a role in a sequel, he was actually pretty creepy at times and I think the boss battle against him is the coolest fight in between the main game and the DLC, personally.

Also, spoilers for the main game (and light spoilers for the DLC, nothing major), but the easter egg ending in the second DLC ending I thought was a great touch.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Super excited for some TEW news!

I think I saw that Tango was hiring Unreal Engine personnel a while back, which is great news. I think Tango had to kludge/duct tape a bunch of unsupported features to iDTech 5, which led to many of the performance issues we keep talking about. Engine ran like ten pounds of shit in a five-pound bag at launch.

Fortunately, Tango continued to support the game with updates, and the version we had by the time the DLC hit ran pretty well.

Easily my GOTY for 2014. Crossbow was a lot of fun, and hit feedback was great--those headshots!

Neiteio

I wonder if a TEW2 might use idTech6, which is glorious in the new DOOM (a gorgeous 1080p 60fps with AA, motion blur, etc, on consoles)

Necron

Bethesda are turning out to be my favourite publisher...

Dishonored, Evil Within, Wolfenstein and Doom have all been very enjoyable.

There were rumors flowing around the web few years ago that Arkane accepted the order from Zenimax to work on Prey 2 only under the condition that they have full freedom to do whatever the they want. Apparently they said "fuck it, we are gonna make new system shock". This could all be false ofc.

Huh.

I'd love to play the bounty hunter version but I would totally be down for System Shock spiritual successor.

Bethesda are turning out to be my favourite publisher...

Dishonored, Evil Within, Wolfenstein and Doom have all been very enjoyable.

Zenimax are tremendous cunts by all accounts.

Forcing studios who work on their games into near bankruptcy so they can buy them on the cheap.

YES!! I really liked Wolf, but still have barely started Old Blood but who cares, The Evil Within 2, a sequel to the best horror game this generator === YES!!

Top Bottom