• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

Dai101

Banned
Now that we know the controller works with any random USB Micro cable i hope it's easy to hack so i can use my current arcade stick.

Ebomb

Banned
I still don't understand the point in releasing an unboxing video of a console with no set release date and a mythical one of nearly 3 months away. Seems like something to do the week before release.

Sounds like with mass production just starting, what's in the box is now finalized so why not tell us I immediately. I enjoy getting info sooner.

DNaDe

Neo Member
Maybe this was Microsoft's plan all along. To make the console least appealing as possible then reverse a bunch of stuff to keep it in the news, in people's heads. Also, makes them look like they care.

Glad this is finally out. Headset going in wasn’t really a backpedal so much as a collective “Really?” internally. At some point I hope to share the story behind that, but it’s not a 180 the way you guys think about. Doesn’t matter – I’m just glad we put it in.

IR Blaster. Kinect has and IR blaster array built in. Can turn on your TV, Cable Box, etc. so when you say “Xbox On” it will actually power your equipment, switch inputs, etc. (I know, TV TV TV but when you get to see it, you’ll understand.). As someone pointed out, if for some reason your setup doesn’t work with Kinect IR blasting, you can get a cable and connect to the port in the back.

Storage is about HDD space. This is a generic disclaimer. You lose some of the 500gb in formatting (just like every HDD), and we reserve some space. No different than 360 or PS3. It’s just a legal disclaimer, no shenanigans going on.

Be nice to Larry. I know you guys hate him, but he really is a great guy. Doing what he does is hard – being filmed, trying to be concise, trying to be personable and “official”. It’s rough. I guarantee if any of you could spend 10min with him face-to-face, you’d get what I’m saying. That’s my plug for Larry.

4K rated HDMI cable – you can blame me for that. My point was, we have in fact tested this cable against 4K, and made sure we didn’t get EMI interference with our internal radios. So I wanted people to be confident it wasn’t a POS generic HDMI cable – to make it work great, you need to test it with the system you ship, to make sure at full resolution you’re not getting any interference.

By the way – wouldn’t it technically be Xbox ONE EIGHTY?

Larry is cool in my book. He has been with the xbox community for a long time.

SpyGuy239

I'm sorry but you might want to know what you're talking about before you post. HDMI cables can still cause interference if they are not properly shielded.

My apologies. Thanks for the article as well. I never knew this. I always read on those Head-Fi or AVS forums that it doesn't matter what HDMI cable you get, thoe Monester ones are for suckers.

Personally I've always bought the cheaper cables I could find (not the ridiculously fish $1 priced ones) but something reasonable and that looks good that runs about 8-15 bucks. Connected to HDTV, LCD, from computers and PS3, DVD player and never ever had a problem with any of the HDMI cables I bought. VGA though, that's a whole lot of shit.

DesertFox

I'm sorry but Last I heard, HDMI transmits digital signals. It's a yes or no signal kind of thing, not like the degradation you get with analog signals over long cables. You don't need high-end MONSTER like cables etc. to prevent EMI etc. The most important thing is the bandwidth that the cable has...so yeah.

Everything about this post is wrong. Digital signals are still susceptible to EMI. Also, digital signals also degrade over distances just like analog. Even the signal running over a fiber optic cable is only good for so far before needing a repeater.

EvB

The New X-BOX DIZZY!

!

Fo Shizzy!!!

*crickets*

C'mon everybody, do the ONE EIGHTY!

tumblr_liujmn8ZG81qhfc59o1_500.gif

I would like to see a feature list of what both systems originally offered, and a list of what they offer now. Those features are all lining up to be very similar.

nitrofeen

Banned
Thank God for this $2 headset. Their generosity knows no bounds! Bait-and-switch, man, wait and see.

Bait and switch is exactly what i thought when they started all these policy changes. I would bet one of my cats lifes on it. seriously though I am a bit surprised more people arent thinking this.

This doesnt mean I think they are going to stop adding headset , just in case someone thinks thats what I was talking about

I still don't understand the point in releasing an unboxing video of a console with no set release date and a mythical one of nearly 3 months away. Seems like something to do the week before release.

Meh. It's the middle of summer and, like you said, the release is months away. I think just about everybody is clamoring for any shred of new info they can get. Maybe that was the point behind it.

I just don't see the kinect being removed, Ms built the console around kinect and it's just part of the overall design

It will happen, same was said for the drm. Or at the very least the requirement it self to be plugged will be removed and they all still come with one. Knowing MS i truly think a $399 sku will release before launch.

DesertFox

Bait and switch is exactly what i thought when they started all these policy changes. I would bet one of my cats lifes on it. seriously though I am a bit surprised more people arent thinking this.

This doesnt mean I think they are going to stop adding headset , just in case someone thinks thats what I was talking about

Bait and switch means they offer you something nice, then take it away. Not offer you a product missing stuff, then decide to add things in while keeping the price the same.

Grimsen

Hnng that console is sexy.

Already spending too much at launch for the PS4, so maybe i'll make it a XBONE XMAS this year.

NIGHT-

I still cannot comprehend how anyone can be dumb enough to spend £430 on this.

Ummm. Maybe we like to play games? And the launch window looks way stronger game wise on Xbox one than ps4... IMO it's dumb to buy a ps4 at launch with its weak launch lineup, but everyone has their own taste

nitrofeen

Banned
Bait and switch means they offer you something nice, then take it away. Not offer you a product missing stuff, then decide to add things in while keeping the price the same.

I was referring to their policies bud. I mean cmon you not a little worried they wont bring back online once they feel comfortable enough to do so. They only changed it when pre-order sales looked bleek and its pretty obvious now that ms policies are not set in stone or sand for that matter. they can change day to day and Im not that comfortable with that.

The Flash

Banned
It will happen, same was said for the drm. Or at the very least the requirement it self to be plugged will be removed and they all still come with one. Knowing MS i truly think a $399 sku will release before launch.

Anything can happen but if I was a betting man I would not put money down on it happening before launch.

DesertFox

I was referring to their policies bud. I mean cmon you not a little worried they wont bring back online once they feel comfortable enough to do so. They only changed it when pre-order sales looked bleek and its pretty obvious now that ms policies are not set in stone or sand for that matter. they can change day to day and Im not that comfortable with that.

Here, you're going to need this

Rvaisse

I'll need my car to pick it up :-/

What the hell am i gonna do with kinect? I have a flat screen, not my grandmother's TV.

I still cannot comprehend how anyone can be dumb enough to spend £430 on this.

That's cool. Do you feel the same way about video game consoles in general or is it specific to the Xbox One? If it is, what is the thing that would make a person "dumb" if they were to buy the XBO over the PS4? because it really isn't very obvious to me.

nitrofeen

Banned
Here, you're going to need this

yea its so paranoid to think a company thats constantly changing policies will continue to do so and possibly bring back old ones. When they took family sharing away it certainly seemed to me they wanted to hold it in case they bring back online requirements. In order to think like that though you have use your brain.

Top Bottom