• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

nitrofeen

Banned
How about the point of entry for watching Netflix on a PC? Or a tablet, or smartphone? I don't think you thought this post out very well.

wait you have to pay ms too watch netflix . So you have to pay so you can pay so you can pay to play netflix. That is you have pay netflix then pay for internet then pay ms again for something you are already paying for just to use netflix streaming. I am sorry but that alone is a bit to greedy for my taste.

Yes. Seriously, it's like magic. I'm not even joking.

I didn't think it was going to work, either, if I'm being honest.

I'm sure there will be some unique situations where it's not perfect (which is why we have the cable). But yes it works that way, and frankly better than you would think.

How configurable this thing is? Can the user set up tasks for the console to do when turning on?

DesertFox

You don't need batteries when you plug in the controller? That's nice I guess, just confirm whether the controller with have official PC support.

Sorry for pulling a quote from the first page, but I really hope this ends up being the case. It bothers me that my 360 controllers won't work on a PC unless I buy an additional wireless receiver to connect them to my PC. Being able to plug a cable from controller to PC and have it work would be an awesome feature.

SpyGuy239

Glad this is finally out. Headset going in wasn’t really a backpedal so much as a collective “Really?” internally. At some point I hope to share the story behind that, but it’s not a 180 the way you guys think about. Doesn’t matter – I’m just glad we put it in.

IR Blaster. Kinect has and IR blaster array built in. Can turn on your TV, Cable Box, etc. so when you say “Xbox On” it will actually power your equipment, switch inputs, etc. (I know, TV TV TV but when you get to see it, you’ll understand.). As someone pointed out, if for some reason your setup doesn’t work with Kinect IR blasting, you can get a cable and connect to the port in the back.

Storage is about HDD space. This is a generic disclaimer. You lose some of the 500gb in formatting (just like every HDD), and we reserve some space. No different than 360 or PS3. It’s just a legal disclaimer, no shenanigans going on.

Be nice to Larry. I know you guys hate him, but he really is a great guy. Doing what he does is hard – being filmed, trying to be concise, trying to be personable and “official”. It’s rough. I guarantee if any of you could spend 10min with him face-to-face, you’d get what I’m saying. That’s my plug for Larry.

4K rated HDMI cable – you can blame me for that. My point was, we have in fact tested this cable against 4K, and made sure we didn’t get EMI interference with our internal radios. So I wanted people to be confident it wasn’t a POS generic HDMI cable – to make it work great, you need to test it with the system you ship, to make sure at full resolution you’re not getting any interference.

By the way – wouldn’t it technically be Xbox ONE EIGHTY?

I'm sorry but Last I heard, HDMI transmits digital signals. It's a yes or no signal kind of thing, not like the degradation you get with analog signals over long cables. You don't need high-end MONSTER like cables etc. to prevent EMI etc. The most important thing is the bandwidth that the cable has...so yeah.

EDIT: I'm wrong apparently. Need to re-think my life!

ekim

I'm sure there will be some unique situations where it's not perfect (which is why we have the cable). But yes it works that way, and frankly better than you would think.

So you can configure what happens when you say "Xbox on" by learning the remote codes eg. for turning on my tv and switching to the right input?
Can you tell me which languages are supported at launch for voice commands?

RedStep

I'm sorry but Last I heard, HDMI transmits digital signals. It's a yes or no signal kind of thing, not like the degradation you get with analog signals over long cables. You don't need high-end MONSTER like cables etc. to prevent EMI etc. The most important thing is the bandwidth that the cable has...so yeah.

I'm sorry but you might want to know what you're talking about before you post. HDMI cables can still cause interference if they are not properly shielded.

Is there anyway at all to make an App so we can play our HD DVD movies through the X1?

nitrofeen

Banned
Lol!! Their philosophy is the same as Sonys... To make a console that will make them a profit... Some of you guys are beyond paranoid and your loyalty to companies is pretty scary.. Sony doesn't care about you anymore than Microsoft does

Philosophies are similar but not the same. I agree sony big wigs care about one thing making money but the guys in charge of their gaming business do seem to are a little bit and Plenty seem to think so. I mean cmon forcing people to pay to watch netflix. I sure hope the cable companies dont start that philosophy . I would be pissed if i opened my fios bill to see under internet charges a additional fee for video streaming.

Sulik2

Microsoft is slowly reversing their path from insanity to the brilliant company that made every right decision with the 360 for the first 5 years.

Prologue

So I guess you really can't use the system without Kinect. Why couldn't they just include in the box but not be required to actually turn the thing on? It just makes me feel a bit uneasy, especially with the news regarding NSA and Microsoft. Not only are you putting a camera in my room, but it also detects voice input.

Fonz72

Not really as big as it sounds when someone is holding it and moving it around. I actually like the way it looks. Good on them and Sony for making chat available to everyone in the box!

I really don't like the touch sensitive on button. Not one bit.

Hopefully it will be gone by the time I buy the console.

wait you have to pay ms too watch netflix . So you have to pay so you can pay so you can pay to play netflix. That is you have pay netflix then pay for internet then pay ms again for something you are already paying for just to use netflix streaming. I am sorry but that alone is a bit to greedy for my taste.
I understand that; I was referring to the poster who compared the cost of paying for Live to watch Netflix to the cost of buying a device to stream Netflix, which is crazy.

EvB

I read an article somewhere saying that there are IR reflectors on the pad, is this to help with that?

how do you have a box that big and not incorporate a PSU inside the box?
Less heat. Like I mentioned earlier, this machine is designed to be on as much as devices with 1/1000 of the processing power. Power supplies generate heat and MS wants this thing to be whisper quiet.

It will be able to have a conversation with perverts at the NSA without you even hearing, like a teenage girl under the covers at midnight.

he's right, it might not be flush with the wall but there is a reason why all the devices in my cabinet have front facing usb slots. my 360 sits next to my PS3 and there simply isn't any room to plug a usb in the side.

I guess it works if you have a setup like this. lol
Most AV cabinets fit one standard sized device per shelf. Unless you have a long desk, you won't be fitting an XONE and PS4 on the same shelf.

Teletraan1

Banned
Waiting for the inevitable subversive podcast reveal and subsequent twitter confirmation that the included Chat Headset and HDMI cable will require gold.

MoneyHats

Banned
Thanks for posting. So does that IR blaster thing mean Xbox One will work with Harmony remotes?

Not sure if answered, but it means it will work like a Harmony remote where by selecting an activity it will power on or off all of the devices in that activity. But I guess to answer your question, if Xbox One has IR support for remotes, then it should work just like 360 currently does with Harmony remotes.

The good thing is that people that don't have or even know what a harmony remote is can enjoy the benefit of creating activities with voice control no less :)

Sorry if this has been asked but all I'm seeing is quotes of that stupid rape/murder post in the middle of this thread.

What's the IR thingie he's talking about?

Edit: Never mind, answered in a quote by Pinello on this very page.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Why would you have them unbox it so early? Spoilerific much. I'd rather have someone on YouTube do it so I can get their genuine reaction.

While we're at it, what's the situation with Betamax support?

So you're saying it's impossible for such an app? Why does it seem so outrageous of a thing to ask for?

Unlike betamax, MS was in bed with HD DVD tech and made the add on. I'm sure there's plenty of people like me with a nice hd dvd collection they'd watch again with an app that allows it someway.

But ya.. Maybe the X1 will be able to play tapes I guess too like you're asking.

nitrofeen

Banned
I understand that; I was referring to the poster who compared the cost of paying for Live to watch Netflix to the cost of buying a device to stream Netflix, which is crazy.

no its my bad I was asking if you had to pay to watch netflix on xbox but didnt put a ?. It really is just crazy . I mean sure most people are going to get the membership anyway but i know plenty of people who go days between renewing and to not be able to use even streaming until then is silly.Thank god sony agrees

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
m5zn_240902ba88e7b46.jpg

Fucking perfect.

Good lord MS, you should have been better prepared.

p3tran

Banned
Because unlike some of the DRM policies, having the Kinect included doesn't hurt EVERYONE. I know this may be difficult for some people on this forum to understand, but some people actually LIKE the Kinect, can see the benefits of it being included, and understand why Microsoft chose that route.

I can name countless electronic devices that included features some people didn't want or thought they'd never use, but that's why consumers have a CHOICE to NOT buy every device put in their faces. Don't like the Kinect being bundled? Don't like the $100 premium that goes with including it? Don't like Microsoft's gaming philosophy? BUY SOMETHING ELSE. It's that simple. Want a next gen gaming console without Kinect and at $100 cheaper? BUY THE PS4 if all the other Xbone offerings don't appeal to you.

I know you are responding to someone else, but please name those countless electronic devices that included features that people didnt want and thought they'd never use, but they did.

furthermore, I guess you understand that what you write in the end (BUY A PS4), is of course not what microsoft wants and thinks. they dont want him to buy something else, they want him to buy one xbox and -more importantly- spend his gaming money on that xbox.
so, since microsoft want his money as a customer, they better listen to what the customer wants.
after all, its not like he has some unique to him special request.. it's a rather not negligible at all percentage in the same boat.

Glad this is finally out. Headset going in wasn’t really a backpedal so much as a collective “Really?” internally. At some point I hope to share the story behind that, but it’s not a 180 the way you guys think about. Doesn’t matter – I’m just glad we put it in.
Well glad to see it coming with every Xbox. Good call.

Also just wanted to say that you're doing great work clearing some things up. Without a doubt the one ray of light in MS messaging for the One right now. Cheers.

TheJCAbr

Banned
Well glad to see it coming with every Xbox. Good call.

Also just wanted to say that you're doing great work clearing some things up. Without a doubt the one ray of light in MS messaging for the One right now. Cheers.
Nice to see him interacting with the community.

PS: Your name brings me bad memories. Ugh...

Klocker

IR Blaster. Kinect has and IR blaster array built in. Can turn on your TV, Cable Box, etc. so when you say “Xbox On” it will actually power your equipment, switch inputs, etc. (I know, TV TV TV but when you get to see it, you’ll understand.). As someone pointed out, if for some reason your setup doesn’t work with Kinect IR blasting, you can get a cable and connect to the port in the back.

Storage is about HDD space. This is a generic disclaimer. You lose some of the 500gb in formatting (just like every HDD), and we reserve some space. No different than 360 or PS3. It’s just a legal disclaimer, no shenanigans going on.

Be nice to Larry. I know you guys hate him, but he really is a great guy. Doing what he does is hard – being filmed, trying to be concise, trying to be personable and “official”. It’s rough. I guarantee if any of you could spend 10min with him face-to-face, you’d get what I’m saying. That’s my plug for Larry.

4K rated HDMI cable – you can blame me for that. My point was, we have in fact tested this cable against 4K, and made sure we didn’t get EMI interference with our internal radios. So I wanted people to be confident it wasn’t a POS generic HDMI cable – to make it work great, you need to test it with the system you ship, to make sure at full resolution you’re not getting any interference.

By the way – wouldn’t it technically be Xbox ONE EIGHTY?

thanks so much for putting up with the haters to keep posting here.

and :lol at Xbox ONE EIGHTY.. Well done

I still don't understand the point in releasing an unboxing video of a console with no set release date and a mythical one of nearly 3 months away. Seems like something to do the week before release.

Top Bottom