• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s new Starfield Xbox controller and headset are available now

Kvally

Banned
Mine had better have the transparent triggers, it’s the only reason I ordered it! Estimated delivery tomorrow… (UK)
Mine better have transparent triggers too. Otherwise it's false advertising. I ordered mine directly from the Microsoft Store.

Directly from their store:

Xbox-Wireless-Controller_Sneak-Carousel-Right_54113_960x540

calistan

Mine better have transparent triggers too. Otherwise it's false advertising. I ordered mine directly from the Microsoft Store.

Directly from their store:

Xbox-Wireless-Controller_Sneak-Carousel-Right_54113_960x540
That’s the picture that sold me on it too. I already have four perfectly good Xbox Series controllers, but none of them have transparent triggers.

Robochobo

Just got mine. Boy is it pretty as hell. The colors contrast really well with the basic white. Even the inside of the battery cover is themed. Now begins the long wait for the constellation edition. Hopefully I'm not traveling for business when it arrives.

FYI the triggers are in fact transparent. Ordered from the MS store itself.

Kvally

Banned
That’s the picture that sold me on it too. I already have four perfectly good Xbox Series controllers, but none of them have transparent triggers.
I am deflated now, I was just notified that mine went from "out for delivery" to "delivery Thursday June 15.

Mad Season 9 GIF by The Office

SCB3

Hopefully still have some available on Payday, I love the look of it, reminds me of the Titanfall Xbox One controller that I still use

Reactions: Isa

Sgt.Asher

With your controller issues and having micro USB I have come to the conclusion you're using a 3rd party controller.

The Series consoles have had USB-C since they released.

And further to that I've only ever had one controller per console from he OG Xbox. All I've ever had to replace was the thumbtacks due to wearing out the rubber.
I didn't know they updated them that much for the series, they looked the same. and no it wasn't third-party, they were xbox one controllers.
I didn't want to buy anymore after three crapped out on me.

calistan

I love the feel of this controller. The front plate feels different than normal Xbox controllers.
It's a strangely luxurious plastic. Smooth and opulent. I like it too.

I've also got a Scuf one that has a kind of semi-soft finish to the top, almost silky. The battery cover on that is magnetic!

Eotheod

So it came back in stock at EB Games but not JB Hi-fi in Australia. Got the sister to grab it but the store she went to on the coast had none in stock, so they are just sending an online order. Double win is the sis decided that would be my bday present so perfect for me 🤣

Plus the finance can't be mad I bought another XS controller, as she isn't a fan of the textured grips.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Controller genuinely looks amazing. Might have to pick up one of my own..

Huge shame there's no Starfield-themed console, especially given that they made one for the Mandalorian (that one was amazing too tbh)!

RGB'D

Just got mine from Amazon (controller). I needed an updated PC controller and couldn't resist. This thing is beautiful

DaGwaphics

One of the best looking custom controllers they've done from the pictures.

Does it have the rubber grips or just the standard plastic?

Pallas

Gold Member
Mine came today but I haven’t had the chance to open the package, I really hope the triggers are translucent. I got mine from Best Buy online here in the US.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Wizz-Art

Just ordered this one, despite having the Xbox 20 years and Forza Horizon 5 ones but knew I would regret not getting it once they're sold out everywhere.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Fucking fomo’s getting to me.

I’ve been wanting a Bluetooth controller, to use on PC and other devices, and this is the best looking controller I’ve ever seen.

Astray

Gold Member
I have no idea what they were thinking not making a special edition Starfield console/bundle
Right? It feels like such a no-brainer to do it imo.

Meanwhile we get some sweepstakes-only Porsche edition that no one asked for.

Since the Series S is the preferred console to play Starfield on, all they need to do is release a couple of stickers to make it match the controller and headset.

Right? It feels like such a no-brainer to do it imo.

Meanwhile we get some sweepstakes-only Porsche edition that no one asked for.
I bet stock issues are reducing the capacity for special edition consoles. Though having seen the reaction to the game and the peripherals I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some sort of limited edition console too. Even if its just a white series s with 1Tb drive and the controller bundled.

Astray

Gold Member
I bet stock issues are reducing the capacity for special edition consoles. Though having seen the reaction to the game and the peripherals I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some sort of limited edition console too. Even if its just a white series s with 1Tb drive and the controller bundled.
I don't buy the Xbox stock issues thing at all.

What's the bottleneck here exactly? The chip shortage is largely over, you would hear stories about component vendors scrambling to make inventory etc like we heard with TSMC's struggle to deliver Nvidia and AMD orders during the COVID+Cryptocraze period.

My educated guess as to what's probably happening is that either they've tethered Series X and S chip manufacturing in some way, or that they have a lot of unsold Series S stock at retailers and the latter group are waiting for the stock to move before ordering anymore.

Kvally

Banned
I don't buy the Xbox stock issues thing at all.

What's the bottleneck here exactly? The chip shortage is largely over, you would hear stories about component vendors scrambling to make inventory etc like we heard with TSMC's struggle to deliver Nvidia and AMD orders during the COVID+Cryptocraze period.

My educated guess as to what's probably happening is that either they've tethered Series X and S chip manufacturing in some way, or that they have a lot of unsold Series S stock at retailers and the latter group are waiting for the stock to move before ordering anymore.
No way they are holding back on Series X inventory. They want as many people in their ecosystem as humanly possible.

Astray

Gold Member
No way they are holding back on Series X inventory. They want as many people in their ecosystem as humanly possible.
It's possible that they faced some sort of shortage in some places in the world during the COVID chip-shortage, everyone did to some extent.

But the idea that 2 years on they're still facing stock issues is just completely meritless, they would have been shouting from the rooftops about how they can't keep up with demand etc, Microsoft never misses a photo-op moment, ever.

Top Bottom