• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield New Trailer Revealed + Starfield Direct | Xbox Showcase 2023

Pagusas

Elden Member
My one concern with this game (seeing as you can do basically anything) is that it will be a jack of all trades, master of none type of experience.

Average FPS combat
Average ship combat
Average melee combat etc.

Not looking for a tip top Call Of Duty type experience but I when I want to go into an encounter guns blazing I want the weapons to have a responsiveness and feel to them that it feels like im weilding a proper assault rifle with decent recoil etc.

Each melee weapon should have distinct feel to them.

I sincerely hope the gunplay is fun and engaging.

Its a bethesda game, its going to be average at all of that except it will be EXCEPTIONAL at the world design/interactions and go/do anything feel. The rest does not matter as they nail the world building. Mod's will fix the rest.

Last edited:
You will be disappointed in this case.
Unless Bethesda learned from fallout 4, you won't get those experience.

They are quite bad when it comes to combat. Starfield was step up from the previous combat history. If they manage to make it good, then it's hallelujah.

I'm still getting the game. I mean i just want the combat to be half decent at least but like the guy below said, modders will probably fix that.

Its a bethesda game, its going to be average at all of that except it will be EXCEPTIONAL at the world design/interactions and go/do anything feel. The rest does not matter as they nail the world building. Mod's will fix the rest.

Oh ok. I forgot about the modding community and they've done wonders with Skyrim.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I hope it is cross-save between Xbox and PC... or what Xbox usually refers to "Play Anywhere". I wanna be able to jump between my PC and Xbox and resume my my progress

I don't think any Bethesda game has ever been Play Anywhere?... but wonder if they'll make it happen given it's now first-party. Would be stupid not too.....
arent all MS first party games Play Anywhere?
Games do not need to be "Play Anywhere" to enable cross-save, many games are not Play Anywhere like A Plague Tale Requiem, Hardspace Shipbreaker or Cities Skylines but still share saves on PC and Xbox (as long as the PC version is from the MS Store).

MMaRsu

Banned
Im so excited, I already took the week of the fourth off, but I read if you buy the upgrade on Xbox PC, you can play the 1st with Gamepass?

Also put Fallout4/Skyrim on my pc to mod it to hell and back. Having some issues with ENB but I'll check again tonight

Also glad to be able to post here again :)

Last edited:

acm2000

Games do not need to be "Play Anywhere" to enable cross-save, many games are not Play Anywhere like A Plague Tale Requiem, Hardspace Shipbreaker or Cities Skylines but still share saves on PC and Xbox (as long as the PC version is from the MS Store).
none of those are first party

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
none of those are first party
I'm just saying that a game does not need to be Play Anywhere to be cross-save.
First party or not that is still true, so Starfield can be cross-save, we'll see.

Some first party games that are cross-save but not Play Anywhere :
- Microsoft Flight Simulator and was released on PC a year before the Xbox version. It's not made by a first party but it's a Microsoft game.
- Halo The Master Chief Collection and was released on Xbox ways before the PC version
- Sea of Thieves
- I think both Minecraft Legends and Dungeons are

Last edited:

Helghan

They are quite bad when it comes to combat. Starfield was step up from the previous combat history. If they manage to make it good, then it's hallelujah.
Previews say that gunplay is decent and fun. What we saw of gameplay also gave me that impression. I'll have to wait until September to actually confirm that.

feynoob

TeASCHe.jpg

Ooh nice, go wild with the crazy alien life. Most media having aliens depicted as bi-pedal is old-hat now, hope they have some real crazy alien designs in there.
These are just indigenous lifeforms, we haven't seen different alien designs that talk yet though. I'm sure there must be some but wasn't that an issue some were concerned about?

Jemm

These are just indigenous lifeforms, we haven't seen different alien designs that talk yet though. I'm sure there must be some but wasn't that an issue some were concerned about?
My guess it is that in the first Starfield we find alien artifacts and devices (and possibly the first contact in the end) to keep things mysterious.

Starfield 2 will be more about interacting with the aliens. A bit like in Frederik Pohl's Gateway saga and the mysterious Heechee...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I wouldn't say concerned but yeah even I raised the issue months ago that it would be weird if in the entire galaxy, the only smart beings are humans or androids.

There's GOTTA be some other kind of smart alien life right?

The trailers hints at some kind of space-biotic powers implies that. But it could be another one of those "long lost civilization" tropes.

MMaRsu

Banned

???

But for real the combat looks so much better than anything in Fallout 4

Orbital2060

Not directly related, but NASA is running a project (CHAPEA) where they simulate living in isolation on Mars for year. One of the books on the 3D-printed cabin´s shelf is about the "psychological horrors of cave exploration". Together with some other interesting literature. It just reminded me of the shelves with books and personal stuff on them in the player´s spaceship in Starfield.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nas...library-psychological-horror-2023-6?r=US&IR=T

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I wouldn't say concerned but yeah even I raised the issue months ago that it would be weird if in the entire galaxy, the only smart beings are humans or androids.

There's GOTTA be some other kind of smart alien life right?

The trailers hints at some kind of space-biotic powers implies that. But it could be another one of those "long lost civilization" tropes.
Long lost, or just super far away. Personally, I'm expecting something similar to the movie Contact.

Could be like SG-1 also with the Fifth Race episode, one of the best episodes of TV ever.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm just saying that a game does not need to be Play Anywhere to be cross-save.
First party or not that is still true, so Starfield can be cross-save, we'll see.

Some first party games that are cross-save but not Play Anywhere :
- Microsoft Flight Simulator and was released on PC a year before the Xbox version. It's not made by a first party but it's a Microsoft game.
- Halo The Master Chief Collection and was released on Xbox ways before the PC version
- Sea of Thieves
- I think both Minecraft Legends and Dungeons are
Didn't Bethesda already confirm Starfield is play anywhere?

Top Bottom