• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s new Starfield Xbox controller and headset are available now

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Priced at $79.99, the Starfield-branded controller will be available to purchase today and includes a design inspired by elements in Starfield. The controller has accents of grey and gold to match the Starfield branding and textured hand grips.

The Starfield-branded headset, priced at $124.99, will also launch today. The wireless headset is based on Microsoft’s existing well-received $99 Xbox Wireless headset and includes a similar design to the controller.

Last edited:

WoodyStare

cA70Km6.jpg

Done. Ordered in the US.

Last edited:
Controller looks dope but I don't know if I want to spend another $70/$80 or whatever it is on a controller. If I didn't already have one of the custom controllers I'd definitely buy one of these

Certinty

Ordered the controller in the UK. £70 is a lot but at worst should be easy to get most of that back if I don't want it down the line.

Rockondevil

I haven’t watched the showcase yet. Does it specify anywhere if the controller has rubber grips or just the standard plastic roughness?

Some sites say textured grips but that could be taken either way.

Isa

I also purchased the controller, looks really slick. I want to get the headset as well but no luck finding a working link yet.

Mr Moose

Xbox Wireless Headset - Starfield Limited Edition

Direct pairing to console | Superb audio and chat | Light and flexible | Bluetooth®

Get free shipping and hassle-free returns when you buy direct from Microsoft Store.

$79.99 ERP**

The fuck is ERP? Is that the wrong price?

I like the headset but the controller looks a bit cack.

reinking

Gold Member
Xbox Wireless Headset - Starfield Limited Edition

Direct pairing to console | Superb audio and chat | Light and flexible | Bluetooth®

Get free shipping and hassle-free returns when you buy direct from Microsoft Store.

$79.99 ERP**

The fuck is ERP? Is that the wrong price?

I like the headset but the controller looks a bit cack.
Through that link, it will actually add the controller to your cart. I almost bought a second controller trying to be quick. :) I posted a link above that will get to the headset. Price is $124.99.

Last edited:

eNT1TY

NGL, the controller looks kinda neat, gives me a Space Camp vibe. I will replace one of my controllers with a sticky L trigger with this one. The headset i can pass on, have the og version and it's still good.

Not sure exactly what you're asking, but if you've accrued rewards points, redeem them for Xbox or Microsoft credit, then use that credit to buy whatever you want from the Xbox or Microsoft Store.
I just bought the controller with cash. Found out how to redeem points but didn’t want the controller to sell out fumbling with it. Should arrive 6/13 according to MS.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

MS Points are the real deal.

I've literally not spent a single dollar on the xbox store since January and have bought 5, 6 games and now the controller, still have more than enough points to place the Alan Wake 2 pre-order I'm going to do next.

How do you use rewards?

See the link above for a starter topic on what you need to get started. You just do a couple of small things online and on the console / phone app daily, takes 5~ minutes. You get points and then you can redeem those points towards a number of things like Xbox gift cards, game pass ultimate monthly codes, even Amazon gift cards.

Don't expect to get enough points to buy $200 worth of things in a single month, but in a decent month you can get enough points to pay off the month of game pass ultimate and have a spare $15 or so to either stockpile or spend on whatever you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Uhh... this controller is already sold out on Microsoft's site:

52968191237_3fbdcd31df_c.jpg

I feel like this thing is going to be super hard to find.

Still available at Best Buy. If you want one, I'd suggest ordering it sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
My local Target has these in stock and I decided I couldn’t wait.

It’s a thing of beauty:

52969677795_91e588ec84_b.jpg

Also, if you’re signed up for Target Circle, check it. Mine had an offer for $10 off any qualifying purchase. That offer + my Red Card meant that I got this controller for ~$66.

Pallas

Gold Member
Got the controller from best buy online site. Only got two controllers, one wireless, and a wired one that has bad drift. Not sure if I want the headset, I already have a decent headset in a Steelseries Arctic’s 1.

Top Bottom