• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulstar

evo_moment_934bljo3.gif

Never forget

So Good.

K.Sabot

Part of me hopes that PR Balrog will go out early in Marvel so he can prepare for Street Fighter.

I bet you he has that on his mind too, an entire day of Marvel with SF finals on the next day isn't a good regiment.

Part of me hopes that PR Balrog will go out early in Marvel so he can prepare for Street Fighter.

I bet you he has that on his mind too, an entire day of Marvel with SF finals on the next day isn't a good regiment.
Luckily, PR Balrog plays one of the simplest teams in Marvel, so he can focus on SF.

What was the biggest choke of the SF4 tourney so far?

KBrad allowing Tokido to come back to win rounds after having big leads in each round
Dakou's failing to finish Haitani and going from a Perfect to losing the round(and the match)
Humanbomb failing to land Ultra to win the 2nd match against Dakou and getting eliminated

Gonna have to go with FreeBrad choking it up.

What I want to know, is when was the Tag 2 tournament played? Only the finals were streamed, and that was early Friday...So was the actual tournament later Thursday, or just really early Friday?

I mentioned it earlier, but, in all seriousness, the semi-finals today really make me want to try my hand at Street Fighter again. I tried to get into it last year but pussied out when I realized how much dexterity and coordination was required. I really think I'll try to buckle down and learn it this time, though.

Also, does anyone have clear results for Melee? The results page on SRK is confusing as fuck.

A bit if unfortunate news on the marvel side of things. AB Jan and AB Stone won't make it to evo. Due to a unfortunate series of misunderstandings and miscommunication, their flights got rescheduled thenb eventually jt cancelled. They are both at my apt drunk and salty right now.

That left over salt
Who did laugh lose to?

Nose Master

I wasn't lurking at the time, but any theories on what the fuck Daigo was doing out there during his match with Tokido? It felt like sandbagging during the second set, and then the dude just derps 4 fierce meaty DPs in a row. Was he just overconfident?

Usually I would be leaping out of my seat at Tokido over Daigo, but it felt gross.

I wasn't lurking at the time, but any theories on what the fuck Daigo was doing out there during his match with Tokido? It felt like sandbagging during the second set, and then the dude just derps 4 fierce meaty DPs in a row. Was he just overconfident?

Usually I would be leaping out of my seat at Tokido over Daigo, but it felt gross.

Dem reads gone wrong.

Those are Daigo's umeshoryus. They're random (not all, but you get the point) and catch people off guard. It works a lot of the time, but when it doesn't it looks like that match.

Tokido outplayed him.

I think the last time Tokido beat him in a big tournament was SBO CvS2 Grand Finals.

Just bad reads would be my guess. Sometimes you just think "well this time he'll think I'll finally block but I'll surprise with another wake up DP". Daigo channeled his inner Jyboin, unfortunately it didn't work out for him.

I-hate-u

Predictions for top 8 of AE:

-Daigo knock Infiltration out of the tournament.

-PR Balrog loses to Daigo in losers finals

-Xian wins the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom