• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Phoenix was strong before by coming back with a full health bar and extra abilities after being killed...but she also has an ability that heals 25-30% of her health bar from the red back to the yellow? Or was that something to do with her being the last fighter left alive?

Seems pretty powerful either way. I don't think know if I've seen Champ lose with a team that has Phoenix on it, but I guess he must have lost at least one Phoenix game earlier to temporarily switch teams.

That's XFactor, and everyone has access to it.

My predictions on top 8 for sunday and any odds I'm offering:

AE
  • Top 8 Winners
TEAM HORI|sako vs. DM.MCZ|Xian
MCZ|Tokido vs. EG|PR Balrog

• Top 8 Losers
MCZ|Daigo Umehara vs. Infiltration
AVM|GamerBee vs. Haitani

MARVEL

• Top 8 Winners

FS.VxG.EMP|Flocker vs. EG|Justin Wong
Angelic vs. Cloud805

• Top 8 Losers

ATX.Zac vs Filipino Champ 2 to 1 odds
Ranmasama vs. AGE|NYChrisG 2 to 1 odds

PM me for bets

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So mad that I have to work tomorrow, I'll completely miss Melee finals and some of Injustice.

Are they all going to be on the same evo stream?(1?) If so I hope I can just catch it before I read up on who one.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Incoming Champ v. Chris G losers finals?? Using the sports analogy: the conference finals are usually better than the finals.
Also, Marvelo incoming Pelican status.
The latest they can meet in the bracket is loser's semifinal. At least one of them isn't making top 3.

Marvelo learned today what everyone knew day 1: Ouroboros is too horrible for being a lv 3 super.
It's kind of incredible that it happens to be the ONLY projectile hyper that has low priority instead of high priority.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marvel had some incredible matches tonight. Great stuff, a lot of it very much EVO caliber.

Might not reach the highest high of AE, but it was damn good. Yipes vs. RayRay probably my highlight, though there were certain times with Champ that shined pretty brightly too.

Clawww

The latest they can meet in the bracket is loser's semifinal. At least one of them isn't making top 3.

It's kind of incredible that it happens to be the ONLY projectile hyper that has low priority instead of high priority.

I fucking cringed at the damage on animals super too

so fucking useless, no damage, no durability, minimal utility, slow

Lulubop

Frantic

It and Legion are low durability. Legion gets beat by fucking Plasma Beam. Meanwhile, Spiral Swords - a level 1 - has a total of 45 fucking high durability points. And chips. And does shit tons of damage. And gives him ToD loops. /striderplayersalt

But in all seriousness, the losses weren't Strider's fault, but Marvelo. Marvelo fucked up.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I wonder how many people who think Ouroboros is a bad level 3 actually play the game.
I'm not going to say it's bad. But I'm definitely not also going to say it's too good.

Never really thought it was as hard to block as it arguably should be, either. And I have shit defense. Strider has no grounded overheads and when orbs are active you don't have to worry about throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom