• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extended trailer for HBO's Westworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

This looks really cool. Not something I'd ever expect them to bring back, but it looks really intriguing. Definitely down, and I could see it being something where, even if it is bad, I still enjoy it for the sci-fi visual aspects. The whole facility looks very vast and unsettling.

My one hope, though, is that they don't drag this out over like 6 years or something. Just keep it tight, please.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mainly in because of Jonathan Nolan and his works, Person of Interest was really well done so I'm automatically in with his next project being sci-fi and the cast is great as well.

Also as no one else hasn't mentioned this, I'm getting some Terminator vibes (especially that shot with the robot arm).

deleted

Look so good! The invisible guy/hand/whatever gives me reason to doubt though. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a 'monster killing people off' season underneath all the psychologie...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Liam McPoyle!

R7k90GL.gif

Has there been any reviews about this show yet?
A few critics have access to the pilot since TCA, but there hasn't been much chatter so far. A couple tidbits from a quick search on Twitter:
Caroline Framke said:
The #Westworld pilot is equally fascinating and flawed. Evan Rachel Wood/Jeffrey Wright crush it. V interested to see where it goes. #TCA16
Ward Verrijcken said:
a bit over 60 minutes, correct. And yes, it's REALLY good!

Also, the pilot is supposedly called "The Original" and it's 68 minutes long.

A few critics have access to the pilot since TCA, but there hasn't been much chatter so far. A couple tidbits from a quick search on Twitter:

I wonder if this won't be a remake but a follow-up to the movie. Like they're treating the original park and what happened there as canon, and this is the modern safer iteration, like Jurassic World

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It is only coming in October.
For some reason I thought it was this weekend lol

Thanks! Will probably give it a watch.

KeRaSh

So hyped about this. The Night Of ended right before I leave for a three week vacation and this will be out a little more than a week after I return.

Revolver

Please be good. I've been hyped about this for what feels like forever. Ed Harris is one of my favorite actors. Hopkins and ERW are nice bonuses.

Fuser

I grew up living up the road from this guy, we used to swap Amiga games. So weird seeing him in a big HBO drama, boy from small town done good.

But he was also in The Devil Inside, and that cannot be forgotten.

One thing that I'm confused about based on the trailers- Is Westworld a physical place? Or is it a VR type of sitation where guests jack in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom