• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fairly big XBLA / DLC sale on XBLM this week (15-21 May)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
From the XBLA thread. Fairly substantial so probably worth a quick thread.

Thanks to canIhasAnAccount for compiling. More added if found.

DEAL OF THE WEEK (GOLD ONLY)

Double Fine Happy Action Theater - 400msp (was 800)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 560msp (was 800)
Haunt - 400msp (was 800)
Hole in the Wall - 400msp (was 800)
Leedmees - 400msp (was 800)
Rhythm Party - 400msp (was 800)

MICROSOFT STUDIOS SALE - OPEN TO ANYONE

Castle Crashers - 600msp (was 1200)
Fusion: Genesis - 400msp (was 800)
Iron Brigade - 600msp (was 1200)
--Rise of the Martian Bear - 200msp (was 400)
Orcs Must Die! - 600msp (was 1200)
Magic 2012 - 400msp (was 800)
--Magic 2012 Expansion - 200msp (was 400)
Trials HD - 600msp (was 1200)
--Trials HD: Big Thrills - 200msp (was 400)
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - 600msp (was 1200)
--Worms: UM Single-player pack - 200msp (was 400)

Forza 4
--Launch Bonus pack - 280msp (was 560)
--November Speed pack - 280msp (was 560)
--December IGN pack - 280msp (was 560)
--January Jalopnik pack - 280msp (was 560)
--February American Le Mans Series pack - 280msp (was 560)

Gears of War 3
--Hoard Command Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--RAAM's Shadow - 600msp (was 1200)
--Skin packs also reduced

Gunstringer
--Real Big Shootin' - 120msp (was 240)

Halo Reach
--Anniversary map pack - 600msp (was 1200)
--Defiant map pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Noble map pack - 400msp (was 800)

Kinect Sports Season 2
--Maple leaf golf pack - 200msp (was 400)
--Midnight Mountain pack - 200msp (was 400)

Bunch of avatat and themes on offer as well - http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes

In for Rhythm Party for $5. And also because...

YHfyE.jpg

UraMallas

I can't find anything on there that really jumps out at me. Is Orcs Must Die! good? How about Iron Brigade? I might pick up the Kinect Sports add-ons, though.

SmokyDave

Goddamn, I really really really don't want to buy any DLC for Forza 4 but it ain't going to be easy to resist!

(assuming this is open to Silver members)

I can't find anything on there that really jumps out at me. Is Orcs Must Die! good? How about Iron Brigade? I might pick up the Kinect Sports add-ons, though.

Both Orcs Must Die! and Iron Brigade are excellent. They are however very similar in terms of mechanics. They are basically both tower defense games + third person shooters.

Zeth

Definitely getting Iron Brigade. Recently tried the demo and loved it. Hope it's worth it for single player. Will give multi a shot too.

Romir

Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for Rise of the Martian Bear to go on sale. (Sorry Double Fine!)

I was hoping for Trenched but I'll pick up RAM's Shadow instead. Everyone was pretty positive on it right?

EDIT* In for Iron Brigade as well.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Well, what do you know: I had exactly 120 MSP on my account. So... The Gunstringer's Real Big Shootin' it is, then!

ZeroCoin

I was hoping for Trenched but I'll pick up RAM's Shadow instead. Everyone was pretty positive on it right?

So yeah, Trenched was renamed to Iron Brigade.

I'm definitely picking up the Iron Brigade dlc at that price. Looks like there's a ton of good content in this sale.

def sim

Raam's Shadow is middling but I'd buy it at that price. I'll probably pick up Trench to see what all the word is about.

MrDaravon

Only thing on there I'm in interested in that I'm not sure if I have or not is Rise of the Martian Bear, will have to pick that up for sure.

Wow, great deals this week.

Can't speak for Hole in the Wall but the rest of those Kinect games are well worth the discounted price if you are looking for something fun to play with your Kinect.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bought:

Already own:

Dear Microsoft:
Put these kinds of sales on every week, and I will buy this much stuff every week. Well, until I run out of stuff to buy, but I think you probably wouldn't mind at that point.

Gaspode_T

Fusion genesis is a steal at that price...underrated game...

I think the ratio of sales of Microsoft stuff would be proportional to the amount of competition and pressure they face...Sony barely puts stuff on sale in Japan and when they do the discou ts are lighter than US PSN...if Xbox was popular in Japan the story would be different

The rate of sales for third party stuff seems to be pretty consistent between PSN and XBLA...(in the US marketplace at least)

Iwouldnt be surprised to see both Somy andMicrosoft trying to show more value for the paid subscriptions

Thinking about picking up either Worms or Iron Brigade. It's kind of surprising to see M$ do this kind of sale. Halo fans should get on those map packs before they go back to their overpriced selves.

acm2000

Bought:

Already own:

Dear Microsoft:
Put these kinds of sales on every week, and I will buy this much stuff every week. Well, until I run out of stuff to buy, but I think you probably wouldn't mind at that point.

MS is simply making use of the minecraft traffic, dont get your hopes up for dotw to carry on this trend :p

TheOddOne

Dear Microsoft:
Dear Stumpokapow,

We never listen to customers or use logic!

Peace out,
Microsoft

Top Bottom