• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAKE: God of War (sadly) appears on steam mobile application

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ah yes, those strong willed PCMRs.

Boycott-Modern-Warfare-2.jpg
best pic ever you rekt it

Faithless83

Banned
If only they were willing to buy the game instead of pirating it day one...
As long it's not day one PC release like MS is doing, I believe it's fine. The "it will bring PC players to console" is the BS of the century IMHO.

Stuart360

Nah, you are just making sweeping generalizations, is all. There is always an anecdote to burst one's bubble.
Yes you burst my bubble alright. Talking about some users boycotting Denuvo games until its removed, shown 50 members of a boycott COD group as proof of how weak PC gamers are, and you talk about me making 'sweeping generalizations?, ok then.

We will see at some point. I just think its way more likely that Sony are planning on releasing the sequels on PC, rather than some ingenious ploy to get millions of PC gamers to buy a PS5.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes you burst my bubble alright. Talking about some users boycotting Denuvo games until its removed, shown 50 members of a boycott COD group as proof of how weak PC gamers are, and you talk about me making 'sweeping generalizations?, ok then.

We will see at some point. I just think its way more likely that Sony are planning on releasing the sequels on PC, rather than some ingenious ploy to get millions of PC gamers to buy a PS5.

Wow, you actually took that pic literal to a count. Bravo!

It's okay Stuart, you can still be a strong willed little buddy. I still wuv you!

DonF

If more people can enjoy great games, the better. At this point I think it's highly strategic.

The game sold what it had to on PS4, it moved consoles even. Now, if the port it's not that expensive, it will sale more on pc AND maybe convince some people to get a console to enjoy future exclusives.

Bryank75

Banned
If it goes to PC, I hope the players there realize how great PlayStation games are and consider buying a PS5...it's a great investment.

Now... I'm off to create a new twitter account (I am IP blocked) and 'explain' to as many PlayStation execs that they are stupid and must repent or face imminent eradication for this betrayal.

Murr

Wow very cool. One of the games that i really wanted to play at some point. Maybe now port Bloodborne aswell *wink wink*

REDRZA MWS

The theory is if you release games on different platforms, nobody is going to buy into the console ecosystem anymore. So if a Sony game goes to PC, PS gamers will go PC. If the game also goes for Xbox, PS gamers will go to Xbox.

You honestly believe “nobody” will buy a console? That’s just not reality. Most ppl can’t afford a gaming PC, maybe they don’t have the space for a tower, there are plenty of reasons ppl will ALWAYS buy and prefer consoles.

Also, if “some” PS gamers go PC, guess what?Sony will sell them games. Money is green, doesn’t matter if the vehicle is a console or PC. Software and now services are what make money,not hardware.

Bryank75

Banned
She's an Xbox fangirl.... everyone who was a console warrior on twitter knows that!

Absolute nonsense.

(I know I've argued with almost everyone in gaming)

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Sad? Lol

There will be many sad moments ahead as the vast majority of PS games appear on PC.

Sony buying into Epic games also likely provides a roadmap ahead as to their PC intentions.

SCB3

I like that they would come to PC, I just don't like the high price, GoW is now over 2 years old, it really should be half price at least, its actually what is holding me back on the PC releases of Horizon and to a lesser extent Death Stranding

The Alien

Banned
Didn't God of War also appear on Verizon Gaming's web page about a year ago?

(Yeah, I know Verozon Gaming has been MIA).

MrS

Banned
Let the PC nerds enjoy this fantastic game. More money for Sony to keep making phenomenal games.

I would love to see the glorious meltdowns if Sony announced that all their first party games would be coming to PC day and date
I admit it would feel strange, while I personally love the idea of playing the game at 4k 60fps on my TV--I also wonder if this is a good choice for Sony, if they become just another publisher we may see changes in the style of games they have, those games will no longer be marquee titles for their platform, the development goals when it comes to DLC and other in game transactions can only be impacted at some point in the future.

Then again, I could be mistaken and they may have done some in dept research that indicated that there is no or very little overlap between consoles and PC gamers, and that Sony will not be swayed in the direction EA/Ubi/Activision/Blizzard and to a lesser extent MS are.

Resenge

They didnt troll anyone. Most in here said it was probably fake. The thread took steam because there have been rumours in the past, and it lookingly seemingly likely that it will happen as its happening with other Sony games.
I never said they did? I agree most people realised it was fake.

why "sadly"? I own both PS4 Pro (along with other Playstation consoles) and PC and I'm actually happy with all the new games coming to PC. if anything, that'll get more folks interested in getting a Playstation. I never understand the thought process of not allowing console exclusives getting on PC. it only helps, not harms the consoles.

skneogaf

Wow what a horrible person you must be to be sad that fellow gamers get to possibly enjoy one of the best games ever made.

99.9 percent chance it is fake but that doesn't take away the fact that some Sony fanatics seem upset when "their" games end up on pc years after.

Last edited:
Top Bottom