• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Hey guys Lucian told me to stop by what's go... THE FUCK IS THAT?

I'll see it and raise you a goblin shark
giphy.gif
Well...certainly lives up to its name.

FloatOn

Oh and speaking of eye surgery. When I first got sick last year I basically went blind in my left eye due to a bleed in the jelly around my retina. This was caused by prolonged high blood pressure. I had to have a procedure done called a vetrictomy where they stuck a needle in the eye to drain the blood out. I was awake the whole time.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Set the whole ocean on fire IMO

Not sure if that goes against my vegan ways...

Lc75Z6B.gif
<3
Oh and speaking of eye surgery. When I first got sick last year I basically went blind in my left eye due to a bleed in the jelly around my retina. This was caused by prolonged high blood pressure. I had to have a procedure done called a vetrictomy where they stuck a needle in the eye to drain the blood out. I was awake the whole time.
Nope.jif
Oh are we doing terrifying sea creatures now?

Doooo iiiit
Doublenope.jif

Maybe I'll say hi if I see anyone. Not my usual kind of show but you never know.

Jobbs

Banned
For Lasik I remember my head being strapped down and they pressed something onto my eye socket that felt like a truck parked on it. Intense pressure. I get the feeling they clamped something into my eye to expose the ball so they can cut into it. At one point I asked the surgeon what she was doing because of the odd things I was seeing and she said "I'm just brushing your eyeball".

It's not for the squeamish but worth it if you hate being super reliant on glasses.

Dryk

My friend told me to get laser eye surgery but I prefer the way I look with glasses. I should get randos to confirm at some point though.

Also refusing to dance with a girl is definitely heresy.
I'm super uncomfortable dancing where people can see. I upset my ex once by not dancing with her at a wedding. Then after calming down from socialness I promised that next wedding I would dance with her. We didn't get invited to the three weddings in our social group between then and our breakup.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
My friend told me to get laser eye surgery but I prefer the way I look with glasses. I should get randos to confirm at some point though.

I'm super uncomfortable dancing where people can see. I upset my ex once by not dancing with her at a wedding. Then after calming down from socialness I promised that next wedding I would dance with her. We didn't get invited to the three weddings in our social group between then and our breakup.

Whoopsies

SystemBug

I remember back in grade 8 I went to a friends house and all of a sudden some shit song came on and everybody started dancing ironically. And I just stood there being like "hmm. I'm too old for this"

A few weeks later I told him about this story where I fell of a jungle gym and landed on my back when I was younger.

He replied

"Is that why you are so stiff?"

I honestly didn't know I had that reputation until then

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just called them jee eye effs for the longest time

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Jobbs

Banned
Ok

But

I've posted more Gi- words with a hard g

So

Nah

That's why it's a general rule. If there's confusion over a word, and a lot of people think it's the soft G in accordance with the general rule, and the creator of the word says it's a soft G, I'd say that it's a soft G.

mic drop

it's like if you had a favorite song and the writer of the lyrics explains what the song is about, then you go "nah, it's not about that" sod off

That's why it's a general rule. If there's confusion over a word, and a lot of people think it's the soft G in accordance with the general rule, and the creator of the word says it's a soft G, I'd say that it's a soft G.

mic drop

it's like if you had a favorite song and the writer of the lyrics explains what the song is about, then you go "nah, it's not about that" sod off

*giggles*

The best part of this is, as an American, you definitely pronounce things differently to how they were intended *coughbuoycough*

And it's a shitty rule if it's outnumbered by the exceptions

Plus your analogy is garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom