• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

ib02Jd8ejGGBV2.gif

I'm curious!...as to why these people have no taste.

Just wondering if people here still buy anime DVD or bluray or just stream it online now? Just notice from cleaning up my room of how many Anime dvd I have own right now and it's quite bit. Might consider to get rid of them soon as I am slowly transfer the show onto my external HDD. The picture below are show I have own as of now.

Nice collection. I still buy stuff. Let us know if you decide to sell stuff :p

I know what I'm buying.

Give me your address on PM and I'll send you a Christmas gift.

Inou Battle 9

Not really a whole lot for me to say here other than I'm glad things are finally progressing on the the romance side. Go go Hatoko! Also couldn't help but notice they sure don't use their super powers much and I don't get the over-reaction about the MC using his worthless power.

TUSR

Banned
Inou Battle 9

Not really a whole lot for me to say here other than I'm glad things are finally progressing on the the romance side. Go go Hatoko! Also couldn't help but notice they sure don't use their super powers much and I don't get the over-reaction about the MC using his worthless power.

Yandere childhood friend chances = 0%

You also never got to see what Andou's power is.

Chaika s2 is whacky because it sometimes feels like Bones didn't realize they only had 10 episodes or they kept forgetting as you'll have episodes like the most recent one that feel incredibly rushes InuYasha Final Act style, then you'll have other ones like the episode before this where the pacing is very slow and methodical setting up this bigger arc that has to be resolved in 1-2 episodes.

The fact all the Chaika's are still involved even after learning they are fake isn't really a problem though. Both had it basically ingrained from childhood "you are chaika and you must collect the emperor's remains for x reason". The series could have done more with both chaikas losing there sole reason/purpose to exist before deciding to continue on anyways for whatever reason. With only 10 episodes though and with the wonk pacing we've had I can get why most of this has been skipped over, but then again we've had plenty of scenes that could have been trimmed to make room for this.

This season really should have been 12-13 episodes they clearly had enough content to do so.

The fact all the Chaika's are still involved even after learning they are fake isn't really a problem though. Both had it basically ingrained from childhood "you are chaika and you must collect the emperor's remains for x reason".

It's a problem because the show just hand waived it away. There was absolutely no reason for the main chaika and her crew to go to this tournament or continue to gather the remains. The aftermath of the island arc was bungled.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 9 cont.
The fight itself was alright, probably the best since the first few episodes, but there is a real lack of excitement for what's going on. It's the first time since the beginning that Sekai has used his Burning mode yet it's against some random team of rich kids who were only introduced properly a few episodes ago. Suga and his "Jigen Haoh won't work on me" talk amounted to nothing because Sekai apparently trained with Shimon and Gyanko off-screen and was able to learn some new techniques that were able to easily deal with Suga's martial arts skills. At this point in the story of the original (the final of the smaller tournament) we had seen how Reiji wanted to grow as a fighter and his intense training with the Italian Gundam fighter, Ricardo Fellini that led to an astounding and action packed rematch between the duo and Tatsuya Yuuki's Zaku Amazing. But where's the excitement, strong friendships and intense rivalries here? We're about to head to the World Championship and we know absolutely nothing about any of the fighters that might show up there. And the next episode is a beach episode and while I wasn't a big fan of that in the original season, I'm sure they'll manage to make it even worse the second time around.

Shengar

Shirobako - 01
What is that white PS4 doing there?
A really good first episode, and my only complaint the samefacey problem the main girls have. Seems I gonna watched this with curiosity and enthusiasm.

Yandere childhood friend chances = 0%
You also never got to see what Andou's power is.
Why you gotta break my heart, TUSR?

Oh so his power actually did something? Interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if it revealed their feelings or something silly like that.

Shirobako - 01

What is that white PS4 doing there?
A really good first episode, and my only complaint the samefacey problem the main girls have. Seems I gonna watched this with curiosity and enthusiasm.

Do you think he was working to get his job done on schedule or playing in 1080p on his monitor ?

Why you gotta break my heart, TUSR?

Oh so his power actually did something? Interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if it revealed their feelings or something silly like that.

I think it's implied that his power now has an use but the side effects are now too extreme so it shouldn't be used.

Pein

Banned
hate to be that guy, but I haven't seen anything this year except kill la kill and jojo. Any recommendations? open to anything.

hate to be that guy, but I haven't seen anything this year except kill la kill and jojo. Any recommendations? open to anything.

TV:
Bahamut
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Haikyuu
Hozuki no Reitetsu
Jojo: Stardust Crusaders
Mushishi Zoku-Sho
Noragami
Pupipo
Sabagebu
Shirobako
Shounen Hollywood
Silver Spoon
Space Dandy
Yama no Susume
Youkai Watch
Yowamushi Pedal

Movies/OVAs:
Animator Expo
Giovanni's Island
Harmonie
Parol's Future Island
Tamako Love Story
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
The Wind Rises

TV:
D-Frag
Barakamon
Silver Spoon S2
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Engaged to the Unidentified
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

Movies/OVAs:
Paulette's Chair

+ Ping Pong

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 9:

Ah yes, so at last we have reached the regional finals and the big showdown with Team G-Master, the regional rival that they have spent a good episode and a half building up as a great nemesis. I am pleased that all did not go to waste as Team G-Master proves to be the most tenacious team opponent yet, taking our heroes to the limit and forcing them to use pretty much the full arsenal. Also, that ending was booked perfectly. Gold star Build Fighters Try, though please try to keep the Tomino sensibilities on the Tomino show, we really didn't need the casual slapping. Also, I am personally getting tired of the Slap, Slap, Kiss trope.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To prepare for AotY 2014:
  1. Watch iDOLM@STER to familiarise yourself with characters
  2. Watch the iDOLM@STER movie and vote for it as your OVA/Movie of the Year!
  3. Then watch Puchimas S1 for more iM@S goodness.
  4. Watch Puchimas S2 which you can then vote for as your AotY!

Bonus: Watch Xenoglossia. You can't vote for it, but just watch it any way.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Gundam Build Fighters Try 9 cont.

The fight itself was alright, probably the best since the first few episodes, but there is a real lack of excitement for what's going on. It's the first time since the beginning that Sekai has used his Burning mode yet it's against some random team of rich kids who were only introduced properly a few episodes ago. Suga and his "Jigen Haoh won't work on me" talk amounted to nothing because Sekai apparently trained with Shimon and Gyanko off-screen and was able to learn some new techniques that were able to easily deal with Suga's martial arts skills. At this point in the story of the original (the final of the smaller tournament) we had seen how Reiji wanted to grow as a fighter and his intense training with the Italian Gundam fighter, Ricardo Fellini that led to an astounding and action packed rematch between the duo and Tatsuya Yuuki's Zaku Amazing. But where's the excitement, strong friendships and intense rivalries here? We're about to head to the World Championship and we know absolutely nothing about any of the fighters that might show up there. And the next episode is a beach episode and while I wasn't a big fan of that in the original season, I'm sure they'll manage to make it even worse the second time around.

TBF Sekai had been training throughout this season and started much earlier than Reji did and most of Reji's stuff was very general with little direct application to the show outside his general competence increasing, which is why the general focal points were Sei's machine. Also don't think we need a direct retread of season one because season one exists.

The greatest issue this show faces is developing it's supporting characters and relationships which really isn't quite there and developing introducing interesting a properly developed rival, that and the fact they should stoping using one big punch t inish off fights, they've done enough of that to last several seasons already.

e_i

The Santa Company kickstarters will get their digital versions of the OVA on December 19th. The Blu-ray/DVDs will be sent out on the 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom