• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famous People you wish didn't die

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Belushi
Chris Farley
Phil Hartman
John Ritter

Fates a crule thing the good ones die and the seriously retarted one character actor ones make more and more money....e.g. Adam Sandler

LakeEarth

For us Buffy/Angel fans on the board...

Glenn Quinn
image012.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know his character was dead, but they might have brought him back, maybe, for something somewhere in some way at some point in time!

I'm disappointed that I am the only person to name Stevie Ray Vaughn. The guy was a freakin legand.

I'm also disappointed that I forgot Jeff Buckley...

and I'll raise you a Josh Clayton-Felt

hobbitx

jimcroce.jpg

He was so great, I never payed much attention to how great his work was until I started hearing him on VH1 Classic, it just kills me wondering what kinda great music he would have made in the 80's, 90's, and probably even today.

CrunchyB

John Bonham

Bruce & Brandon Lee. -I mean, jeez, both father and son.

edit: And I second Bill Hicks! The guy was brilliant!

Morbo

CrunchyB said:
John Bonham

Bruce & Brandon Lee. -I mean, jeez, both father and son.

edit: And I second Bill Hicks! The guy was brilliant!

I watched 'the Crow' for the first time in years the other day, so how did I not think to mention Brandon Lee?

XS+

Banned
I dunno, all of them (Unless they were evil criminal detriments to society or something)? Dying sucks.

Umm, off the top of my head, Shinya Nishgaki and Isao Okawa.

yeah, i would say anyone that died before their time. The thing about guys like Cobain and Staley is that if they weren't junkies, we probably wouldn't have cared about them to begin with. The fact that they were so effed up in the head fueled a lot of their creativity it seemed.

Jim Henson seconded. Puppets. Go back in time to step into his shoes and try to make not one but two HUGE worldwide cultural phenomenons out of puppetry. Yeah, good luck on that path.

Gumpei Yokoi. Gameboy sure, but i was always interested in him as a friendly version of the toymaker in Blade Runner. tinkering like a gnome on gadgets - magic. free from Nintendo i thought he'd shine bright and surely create at least one thing that would make me say "wow".

oh and Gram Parsons. Cosmic American Music - would'a - should'a - could'a stomped up an' down alt-country in a way that only authentic white soul can muster.

plus, even though Terry Gilliam isn't dead i wish there were at least 16 of him and no less than 3 of 'em were aristocratically wealthy so's we'd see at least one new flick from him(them?) every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom