• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko trailer + screenshots (Sep 27 in Japan)

Semajer

Oh, I'm aware of those. It just never occurred to me that
Fatal Frame III taking the "Normal" ending from the first and second game means that the canon ending in the third one is most likely the "Normal" one, too
. Is there any allusion or confirmation to this in Tsukihami no Kamen or anywhere else? *clinging to a little hope*

The difficulty in all the games but FF2R determines the ending. FF2R's ending is decided by actions taken during the game.

The endings which we know are canon are FF1 and FF2's normal endings, this means that both
Mafuyu and Mayu
are dead. There is nothing that tells us which of the FF3 and FF4 endings are canon, but the only difference between endings are additional scenes that show
certain playable characters
alive and well.

Kirie

According to the FF wiki, the canon ending for FFIII at least according to the director and other game staff is

The good ending!

Zornica

Banned
When did this whole "this is canon" "that's not canon" craze start? I've been on gaf for years but only recently I noticed everyone speaking about canon all the time. And every time it happens I wonder why it matters to so many of you.

iirc the ff franchise since 4 is co-owned by Nintendo and Tecmo

Also whats the best option to get project zero 2 in the states, any good online store that ships over here? thanks

If it hasn't been answered yet,
http://www.base.com/Games/Project-Z...4_1405665924_b0c995d69ff1c3197b6c677933c095a6

19.67€ + 1,89€ shipping to the US and Canada

2- Someone mentioned to start trying to make awarness of the interest to localize the game through Miiverse. My question is how exactly you do that when there isn't a community for this game yet?

The E3 community would be the most fitting place. It's already being done there:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEkAkVz_w

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
When did this whole "this is canon" "that's not canon" craze start? I've been on gaf for years but only recently I noticed everyone speaking about canon all the time. And every time it happens I wonder why it matters to so many of you.

If you care about characters or a story, their fate can matter to you or the outcome of a game's events. It's interesting and sort of gears the 'official story' of the events that happen.

In terms of Fatal Frame 1 and 2, the 'canon' endings are well-known because the endings are important to Fatal Frame 3, without saying too much. As such it's interesting to note out of the multiple endings, which ending is canon, and which ending the story of the on-going series uses to build its future stories off of.

In Fatal Frame's case, the ending that's canon to FF1 and FF2 is actually important to FF3.

neohwa

Nice that the first 3 FF stories and characters are connected. Are we sure FF5 is not connected to any FF before it?

Also revealing this game 2 months before release: Who think this is a good idea? I think they should at least give it 6 months to advertise and build up hype before releasing the game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Nice that the first 3 FF stories and characters are connected. Are we sure FF5 is not connected to any FF before it?

Also revealing this game 2 months before release: Who think this is a good idea? I think they should at least give it 6 months to advertise and build up hype before releasing the game.

It'll probably be connected. FFIV is also connected, but it' kind of a loose connection.

All the series so far is connected in some way, so likely this entry is too. However, I suspect the game will have the most in common with the film. Them releasing literally a day within each other, both of them taking place in a mountainous region, and having a strong theme of water, has me thinking they'll be directly connected.

Semajer

FF3 is a sequel to FF1 and FF2, but all the Fatal Frames are connected by the cameras, and the man that made them. The guy that invented the cameras has many descendants who are generally playable characters, or related to the playable characters.

In the case of FF3 and FF4 knowing which ending is canon means we know which characters we might see again, and which ones have croaked.

I think it's awesome that they reveal the games and release them soon, even if I get what you're saying about creating hype.

When did this whole "this is canon" "that's not canon" craze start? I've been on gaf for years but only recently I noticed everyone speaking about canon all the time. And every time it happens I wonder why it matters to so many of you. ]
Well, I'm always happy to see returning characters in long-spanning series, and knwing which is canon and which is not would help me temper my expectations.

Canon matters a whole hell of a lot. Why even bother if you aren't canon.
Though it's not all that important.

tmarques

this is siren levels of scary

It's funny to see all those kids whining on Gamefaqs that evil Nintendo "stole" FF when Sony seems to have given up on Siren. The original is probably the creepiest game I've ever played, in spite of (or perhaps because of) the wonky gameplay.
That bit where you help the girl get home only to discover from the perspective of her family that she's already infected was brilliant.
Sequel was almost as great. The remake was a huge disappointment, but at least it meant the series was still alive.

According to this new Team Ninja tweet, if I understand it well, part of the engine is using technologies from DoA5
WiiU port pls

There's a Famitsu article link too.
ffwetmodell2qic.gif

I'll bet a paycheck it was this.

Terrell

image.php

I'm shocked it hasn't happened in all honesty. Team Ninja did both NG3RE and are helping with Hyrule Warriors, AND now some tech from DOA5 is in FF5.

WATER YOU WAITING FOR?!

Probably want to see a hardware sales bump and the Hyrule Warriors sales first before they decide. By then it may be too late to bother.

pitt_norton

end of september in japan eh? ... can't wait to play this, it's the only game my wife will sit down and translate for me as i play haha

Het_Nkik

Nope.

Ff1: Xbox
Ff2: wii

Ah, I was getting the remake on Wii regardless (it's actually on its way in the mail now).

EDIT: Man, looking on eBay... people need to take better care of their games. Can't find the original in "Very Good" condition that have pictures to back up the claim.

Taruranto

Oh, I'm aware of those. It just never occurred to me that
Fatal Frame III taking the "Normal" ending from the first and second game means that the canon ending in the third one is most likely the "Normal" one, too
. Is there any allusion or confirmation to this in Tsukihami no Kamen or anywhere else? *clinging to a little hope*

Iirc in one of the interviews the developers stated that the "other" ending felt more close to being canon in the third game.

ohlawd

gawd fuck this game.

I thought I had decent reflexes but errr I guess not. I knew I should have restarted. Running dangerously close to running out of the 2nd worst ammo, not touching the top two yet, 4 herbs, 2 waters, one stone.

ahh well spoilers for FF1 near endgame
Well, I think it's near endgame. Fighting the katana dude for the second time. WTF @ his dash attack

If it hasn't been answered yet,
http://www.base.com/Games/Project-Z...4_1405665924_b0c995d69ff1c3197b6c677933c095a6

19.67€ + 1,89€ shipping to the US and Canada
is this an ongoing sale? think it'll be available at that price almost two weeks from now?

Koppai

I noticed on twitter that Bill Trinen tweeted the event in the first place,,,hope that means we are getting it.

Zornica

Banned
[...]

is this an ongoing sale? think it'll be available at that price almost two weeks from now?

nope, not a sale.
depends if they got any stock left in 2 weeks. But don't worry, there are other places with similar prices (but higher shipping rates)

ohlawd

yoooooooo just beat FF1. Awesome game. Just in time too lol since my flight's in 6 hours. Battle Mode will have to wait.

nope, not a sale.
depends if they got any stock left in 2 weeks. But don't worry, there are other places with a similar prices (but higher shipping rates)
ooh nice.

might hit you a PM about the other places if I miss out. Hope that's okay.

Lucent

yoooooooo just beat FF1. Awesome game. Just in time too lol since my flight's in 6 hours. Battle Mode will have to wait.

I still have never really gotten serious about sitting down and completing Final Fantasy 1.

lol j/k But yeah I really hope this gets localized.

Well I started the first game last night. I'm kind of having a stressful time actually capturing the ghosts. Is there any tips on how to be more efficient on capturing them and not lose a lot of health?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Thanks for posting it here! Super helpful!

Oh gods, I can't wait for this game... x-x
I'm playing the first game right now... Never got around to finish it before. I heard that having a 100% album in the later games give something special. Does it too in the first one, or is it just for vanity?
Getting all the ghosts? It gives you an amazing ability for another mode.

Fady K

I'll keep it in mind when my PS4 get here in September, horror is not my thing, I just really loved the ideas and lore behind Fatal Frame before Nintendo got involved after Nintendo started supporting it I became more interested

I see bro :) In that case, not sure if Outlast is something to recommend for you! It is by far the scariest game I have ever played and I said before, downright disturbing.

Congrats on your upcoming PS4, it is a beautiful, beautiful console and by the time you pick it up you'll have plenty of stuff to play! I suggest you subscribe to playstation plus! You'll get a lot of free games.

On the topic of Fatal Frame, here's hoping we get to play it in English before the year is over :)

Top Bottom