• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| Excalibur in your pocket

You might say it was fate that reunited us

devil_illya.jpg

http://cow.org/csi/

Sukospin

Saw a max level Tamamo with NP lv.5 on the random friends list thing. Wow.

Also servers back up from emergency maintenance. We get 4 Quartz and 4 Apples for that.

So what do the golden apples do? I'm refilling my AP for the guerrilla quests and it's giving me the option to use quartz or apples. So are there any other uses for them?

I think I'll just get all the lollipops and then some monuments I guess. Don't have it in me to farm another darn event.

But I gotta give them credit, this is a really well produced event. New map, intros and nice of them to hand out a decent caster.

Arabesque

And done with the Halloween event. Managed to get everything surprisingly enough.

Once they did away with the idiotic timed quests, the event was honestly a lot of fun for the most part. The lack of a guaranteed drop rate for items was annoying as hell (especially with the pumpkins) and having 4 separate currencies without being able to convert freely between them was worrying, but because the necessary requirement for everything was low it didn't end up becoming a crippling factor.

I will say that them only giving out 3 of the Tamocat CE was kind of stupid, since the drop rates for the CE is low as is and getting the final 2 is going to be impossible without some A-Rank luck. Bleh.

I got only on Tamo CE left to get from ... somewhere in order to be fully able to ascend all CE's from this event that aren't from the gatcha. Thankfully Halloween Princess dropped during my farming for candles but still, running the 40 AP quest over and over isn't going to be fun :/

On the more positive side, I'm happy with what was given out. Caster Liz is great because the game was lacking in heavy hitting casters and she can really be powerful fully ascended (here's hoping they don't accidentally remove the candies needed to ascend her by tomorrow ...).

The rewards are all pretty good too. No items we can't get normally like Horseshoes or Gears, but most of them make less of a pain in farming. Wish they would have cut the 3* EXP and just made it a 100+ 4* EXP to make it worth it, but eh, I won't begrudge them on that.

Getting Chaos Talons and extra Dragon Scales is also pretty nice from the Party Time and Guerrilla quests, and also the additional pieces and monuments means that there's no worry for the foreseeable future in regards to those (for me at least).

Speaking of Party Time, I liked the addition of the Golden Apple. Saved me on a lot of quarts now on refills, plus it helps when calculating the most efficient way to use AP before a level up (went up 25+ levels during this event alone compared to the Artemis and Nero events). I just hope they won't think giving us apples instead of apology quarts is going to fly.

I liked the final Guerrilla quest also. The amp in difficulty was nice, but I suspect other F2P won't feel the same. I went in with a modest team and managed to make it through without much problem, just had to be more careful and smarter on who to take out first and when to use Jenne's NP with Martha's and Han's NP/Blue cards.

The final free quest though was a joke sadly. Having an all Lancer team means that it's a Saber feeding ground rather than a challenge.

Overall, this was a fun event once we got over the servers exploding (which isn't something you get over but you know) and it makes me realise that this game is still being developed by people new to game development. If I rank it compared to the past 2 events I say its behind Nero's but leagues ahead of Artemis' (didn't need to run the 10 AP quest 20,000,000 times here like I did during the Moon festival to just get a fraction of what I need from the store).

I'm still sad we didn't get Frankenstein :/ oh well, saving more quarts

Next up is deciding which is worth getting to their final ascension, Marha or Artemis? I only have enough Talons to get one of them to level 80/90 and I'm divided on who to go with.

Also, need to cash out those interludes

Already done with Robin Hood and Gaius', starting Camilla's next.

Also Okeanos is coming, and Terra Battle coming out with a new event. When it rains, it pours.

What's a good place to farm the red sword gems for skill enhancement?

If you just want the red Saber gems, the 20 AP free quest in Chaldea Gate today/every Thursday is the best place to farm them. The 30 AP drops them too.

There is always a chance some of the quests in the story to drop them, but they are so minuscule you are better off farming the 20 AP quest specifically for them. It's not going to be great, but you'll get them more efficiently that way.

Getting Chaos Talons and extra Dragon Scales is also pretty nice from the Party Time and Guerrilla quests, and also the additional pieces and monuments means that there's no worry for the foreseeable future in regards to those (for me at least).

What!? You can get Chaos Talons from this event? Where and what enemy?!

Shouta

Got all the items I really wanted at the last minute. Just gotta raise the Halloween Liz up i guess,

Arabesque

What!? You can get Chaos Talons from this event? Where and what enemy?!

One of the previous Guerrilla quests had chemira's and the last quest had a white chemira, that both dropped talons for me. There isn't a place where you can farm them in this event reliably sadly.

Hopefully they change that with the update tomorrow.

If you just want the red Saber gems, the 20 AP free quest in Chaldea Gate today/every Thursday is the best place to farm them. The 30 AP drops them too.

There is always a chance some of the quests in the story to drop them, but they are so minuscule you are better off farming the 20 AP quest specifically for them. It's not going to be great, but you'll get them more efficiently that way.
Got it, thanks~

Managed to end the Halloween event with maxing out Halloween Princess CE.

Took 70+ attempts to get the final piece :/

Got it, thanks~

Managed to end the Halloween event with maxing out Halloween Princess CE.

Took 70+ attempts to get the final piece :/

The drop rate was estimated by JP players to be 0.25%. If it only took you 70 tries, you got really lucky.

I bought everything I wanted from the shop. What I actually need are Talons. Fucking Talons. There had better be an event with Talons. Also I need more Dragon Fangs. I can never have enough Dragon Fangs. Sigh.

Shouta

I'm kinda glad the Caster Liz only requires the lollipop, as far as I can tell. I just have to feed her a ridiculous amount of XP items.

I really wish they'd adjust it so didn't take so much to level Servants up. I want to do it for some of the 3 star and lower ones but it just takes too much overall.

Sukospin

It's raining crit. stars now @_@

Edit: The Waver buffs are really good.
Edit2: Woops...lost another account. I need to be more careful.

Arabesque

Added both of you. I switch my party around frequently, but I usually have either Hans, Hassan or Artemis as my mains.

Sometimes Martha.

Going to start Okeanos soon, seeing if I can finish it tonight and spend the day on completing interludes and free quests.

I only have 4 Stars other than this new 5 star. Lancelot, Marta, HalloLiz, Deon (or whatever that Saber Chevalier is named).

Fate is a good way to learn history, oddly enough.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevalier_d'Eon

The Chevalier D'eon is probably the world's first historically notable transgender woman. There were probably others before D'eon, but D'eon was the first one to be famous.

Should you level D'eon's bond to 5, you will discover that D'eon is an unusual servant because
you pick D'eon's gender when you summon him/her. This makes D'eon the only servant who is both waifu and husbando, whatever you prefer. :3

expressioned

Neo Member
Haha yeah, it is the best way to learn history. Ever since I started playing FGO, I've been reading up on the background of certain servants here and there. Its actually pretty interesting.

Is anyone here good with picking servants for a team + CE choices? I've been levelling whoever I've felt like so far, but I'm not sure if it'll be okay if I keep doing this. During the Halloween event I couldn't even make it past the level 70 quests.

Haha yeah, it is the best way to learn history. Ever since I started playing FGO, I've been reading up on the background of certain servants here and there. Its actually pretty interesting.

Is anyone here good with picking servants for a team + CE choices? I've been levelling whoever I've felt like so far, but I'm not sure if it'll be okay if I keep doing this. During the Halloween event I couldn't even make it past the level 70 quests.

Share your team and CEs. Maybe i might be able to help.

Top Bottom