• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FCC wireless chip filing makes me think Sony will announce new Vita hardware

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Maybe the OP should add that the Vita's hardware model for wifi is J20H056. Which is pretty much what this rumour is based on.

Yeah no one should be throwing trinity around at this point

I am curious what the second product is but its MOST likely PS4 Slim

That said PS4 Slim is just a rumor

How many sources reported on PS4 slim anyways?

Well fuck me, Sony isn't actually giving up on dedicated handheld gaming?

In all seriousness, if they're not then they need to put a hell of a lot more effort into their first party support for the console, because after the failure of the standard Vita no big publisher is going to put much effort into making games for it.

I would guess if this is real, then it will share the library with the PS4 and play cut-down versions of those games.

In all seriousness, if they're not then they need to put a hell of a lot more effort into their first party support for the console, because after the failure of the standard Vita no big publisher is going to put much effort into making games for it.

I would guess if this is real, then it will share the library with the PS4 and play cut-down versions of those games.

Or go the NX route?

I mean NX is basically what the Vita has been half doing this entire generation

bombshell

Maybe the OP should add that the Vita's hardware model for wifi is J20H056. Which is pretty much what this rumour is based on.

He should also add the PS4's Wi-Fi chip model number, but that would mean the thread loses all credibility.

Ok so to follow up my last post:

It looks like the source is linking this application to the Vita because of the similar module numbers. The application for the wireless module has number J20H091, which is similar to the Vita's wireless module nr. J20H056 (according to this post).

However, it looks like the PS4 has a similar WIFI-BT module number: J20H071, as seen in this pic.

So if the source's only lead is the similar numbers, then this rumor is already dead.

NolbertoS

Seeing is believing. Unless Vita gets more games and allows standard micro USB memory cards, this will be D.O.A. Guess Sony won't go quietly with NX set to revolutionize handheld and console gaming.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

I am pretty sure it is just a minor Vita upgrade. They will not go for another brand new portable.

Although I think I can entertain the idea of a Vita Trinity that has upgraded horsepower. By now, it will cost next to nothing to equip the Vita with a better chip.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I kind of hope they don't do it, it would be such a waste of resources. And I honestly don't believe it's true.

If it is true though? Day one.

Maxim726X

Wait wait...

Is this a successor to the Vita, or an incremental upgrade to the original Vita?

Either way, I'm relatively sure no one saw this coming.

Matrix_slideshow.jpg

This is too good lol

ekim

Can someone compile all the models Sony Interactive Entertainment has certified recently?

Is it just the two or is it 3?

Just to be clear. Those chips are inside a PCB which are also tested separately which come with similar names. I found some more FCC filings a while ago that the same pattern as one PS4 chip but I don't know if they are using those patterns for all Sony devices.

If we say those are all for gaming stuff it would be possible we see a PS4K and a Slim. The other filing is probably for the BT chip or the fully compiled Wifi module. I didn't check the reports.

Vena

2-3 FCC CHip filings points to multiple products

just how many products to the plan to push in the near future?

I only see two filings, but the numbers don't point to Vita. The PS4 has a version with a similar numbered chip, and this could just as easily be an updated part in a standard PS4, a PS4 Slin, a new product line of the standard PS4 with updates guts, etc.

It could also just be a part of which they use one or the other or both in the Neo, factory/supply dependent.

I only see two filings, but the numbers don't point to Vita. The PS4 has a version with a similar numbered chip, and this could just as easily be an updated part in a standard PS4, a PS4 Slin, a new product line of the standard PS4 with updates guts, etc.

It could also just be a part of which they use one or the other or both in the Neo, factory/supply dependent.

These are the filings posted so far

https://fccid.io/AK8J20H088

https://fccid.io/AK8M16DAM2

https://fccid.io/AK8M16DFL1

Cloud7

I'm actually going to be upset if the Trinity and Neo end up being some sort of NX challenger. I actually want Nintendo to be successful. I like their games. I don't want them to go third party.

crinale

If they are to announce PSP3 (or Trinity or whatever) isn't it better to save for Japan?

I'm actually going to be upset if the Trinity and Neo end up being some sort of NX challenger. I actually want Nintendo to be successful. I like their games. I don't want them to go third party.

Even if this is true I don't think game lineup will overlap so much.

This and the NX being a big screen capable handheld would make my year, but realistically at best this would be a new cheaper Vita model, and even such easy upgrades as microSD and HDMI out are likely too much to hope for. More likely this is just the PS4 Slim, or nothing.

Still, I was thinking to myself while walking home from work just yesterday that I wish they'd announce a new handheld and call it Trinity to finish off the Mattix references.

Top Bottom